Carlsberg Tuborg will not be at Glastonbury 2019

glasto-worker

12 hours ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

I notice TOS says the bars charge London prices. That means sod all to me as a 5% lager in the local Holts pub is less than 3 quid. 

Would a budget of a fiver a pint seem reasonable? 

I'd expect around a fiver a pint. In London now you're looking at between £4 and £6 depending on where and what you drink. Sure most pints were about £4.50 at Glastonbury last time?

On 5/24/2019 at 8:35 AM, Sku said:

£5 is a strong psychological barrier I think. Every 10p or so above that price will exponentially put more and more people off.

On 5/24/2019 at 1:43 PM, lukemack said:

£5 pretty much the universal price for a pint at a festival nowadays, expecting the price will either be a fiver or £5.50

prices keep going up - I am sure a pint in 1979 was just under £1 at Glastonbury but there was no way it was going to stay like that. 

price list for All Points East 2019 - Fri 24 May 2019 to Sun 2 Jun 2019 Victoria Park, London

which is a arena event so they have a captive audience.

prices for this year has not been set yet for Glastonbury. 

D7Vo3ZLXsAAsdxW.thumb.jpg.893947346eae887362ac9724989146d0.jpg

On 5/24/2019 at 7:31 AM, glasto-worker said:

strange the layout change between Friday and Saturday/Sunday

Looking at the maps I'd say that's a case of only part of the site being open on Friday as opposed to an actual layout change

On 5/24/2019 at 8:19 AM, Cooter said:

Thought it was about £5.20 which is still expensive imo. If it's nearer £6 I think it'll put a lot of people off.

If you buy 20 pints over the weekend, and they're 60p more expensive than 2017, that's £12. I don't think that would put many people off. Annoy some maybe, but no chance the bars are going to be empty and everyone is walking around carrying 24 warm cans of Carling.

8 hours ago, waltere said:

Looking at the maps I'd say that's a case of only part of the site being open on Friday as opposed to an actual layout change

that is why I displayed the two maps - clearly the main stage is there ' but was not open on the Friday ' but I don't know why but will find out next month.

On 5/25/2019 at 11:56 PM, glasto-worker said:

D7Vo3ZLXsAAsdxW.thumb.jpg.893947346eae887362ac9724989146d0.jpg

I went to Noel Gallagher on Friday in Cardiff Castle who had pretty much the same drinks. Also a captive audience but £5.50 for Maltsmiths. I guess part of the higher price at APE can be put down to London prices in general being higher? I'd be surprised if Glastonbury wasn't closer to the Cardiff price given that people can bring their own alcohol.

No way I could afford to drink exclusively at the bar for five days at those prices! Pain bringing in the cans, but I can't justify spending that sort of money on booze throughout. Especially when it's rare to pay more than £3.60 a pint round here!