Tame Impala

FloorFiller

Really enjoying that. Awesome grove to it. Certainly sounds like Tame Impala but it definitely has a different twist on the formula. I'm expecting massive things from this album given how high they're placing at festivals and that's a good start. 

New tune is great, just hope they manage to drop the album before the festival. Kevin Parker previously said he doesn't like playing new songs live before they've been released so hoping they've got a fresh batch of tunes out there by the time June comes around. Seen them umpteen times between 2015 - present & the setlist has been more or less completely the same which is my only real criticism of them. 

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Liking the new song, great band on record, shame there isn’t much personality live. Hoping the new album isn’t too far off...

Yeh Kevin seems a little shy on stage. Have you seen them headline or at there own indoor show? The visuals, light show and good crowd of fans definitely make up for that. I think the other stage as night falls will be amazing.

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Sounds like they're staying in disco territory, which I can fuck with.

Vocals still sound a bit weedy, but maybe a bit less so than things like The Less I Know The Better.

Gonna be packed I think, though might watch Coachella to see if they've switched up as a live prospect.

Live like this you mean??  These guys need to play in the dark for the light shows to go with the psychedelic rock

Edited by Havors

100% there the Friday night, will stock up on drinks and get myself a good space at the Other.

Think the new song has been played safe by Kevin as they’re entering household name territory so it keeps the masses interested. I loved currents so an album similar to that but more beefed up will do just fine, although I’d like to hear something a bit heavier on the new album (mind mischief-esque).

Im also just as interested to see how they twist the new album cuts live as some of the jams on stage to current songs where they flip the sound completely is one of the things I enjoy most about their live show. 

New person, same old mistakes was a top finish at citadel this summer just gone, probably my preferred last song of their set list if I had to hand pick something for them to finish with. Hopefully there’s something on the new album that blows that out the water though for a real Glastonbury moment! 

See you all at Tame!