Tame Impala

FloorFiller

I saw then at Oxegen 2011 (small tent stage and about 15 of us in the crowd) and at last year's Citadel Festival, quite a massive change between both performances. 

Given the state of the lineup I'll be there to watch them a 3rd time! 

Edited by yosoyyoberdi

8 hours ago, lobo said:

Yeh Kevin seems a little shy on stage. Have you seen them headline or at there own indoor show? The visuals, light show and good crowd of fans definitely make up for that. I think the other stage as night falls will be amazing.

I’ve seen them on the Other Stage a few years back, also at Alexander Palace, I really do want to see them again and hope they wow me like their albums do!

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I’ve seen them on the Other Stage a few years back, also at Alexander Palace, I really do want to see them again and hope they wow me like their albums do!

I was at Alexandera Palace too. First time I’d seen them, everything got a bit hazy towards the end. The first half was incredible though and they clearly had a great fan base that was well into it. I think it will be even better this year on the other, I  just need to not go full turbo 5 hours before they come on stage this time if I’d like to leave with any form of memory of the gig. I remember all of the pyramid set but they do get a bit lost in the scorching daytime sun. 

Sounds ok but would be disappointed if that is the new album highlight. Seen them 3 times at Glasto now and once supporting Arctic’s. Never seen them in the dark with the light show though so that would be cool. It’s always been daytime or sunset slot. Love the albums (currents a bit hit and miss though), so even tho they don’t have much stage presence they are always worth a watch for the tunes alone 

4 hours ago, zero000 said:

Isn't that every gig in Scotland? 

Yeah, the Irish like it too, but they also like singing Ole Ole Ole Ole Ole for some strange reason.

PS, I'm Irish so it's ok for me to take the piss!

Edited by Dave_c

Saw them at Electric Picnic, maybe 2015? In a tent; in the dark, with light show. I’m a fan but I thought it was brilliant. Saw them on tv at Glastonbury and thought they nailed it so they will be a highlight this year for sure. Same with the Pond dudes!

8 hours ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

I saw then at Oxegen 2011 (small tent stage and about 15 of us in the crowd) and at last year's Citadel Festival, quite a massive change between both performances. 

Given the state of the lineup I'll be there to watch them a 3rd time! 

Loved the Oxegen weekends! 

2011 lineup

Oxegen-Stage-Times.jpg