SomeoneListeningIn

All Points East Festival 2019

Looking at going on Fri 24 May as a Glasto warm-up.

My partner is recovering from hip surgery so can't manage been on her feet all day long. Does anyone have experience of how easy it is to find a seat around the site? Also does anyone know what the VIP areas are like? Might be worth paying the extra £40 to get somewhere she can rest a bit.

I'm assuming security don't let you take your own camping chairs in.....

Edited by I am Jon

13 minutes ago, I am Jon said:

Looking at going on Fri 24 May as a Glasto warm-up.

My partner is recovering from hip surgery so can't manage been on her feet all day long. Does anyone have experience of how easy it is to find a seat around the site? Also does anyone know what the VIP areas are like? Might be worth paying the extra £40 to get somewhere she can rest a bit.

I'm assuming security don't let you take your own camping chairs in.....

Few places to sit e.g. near food stalls but not with a view of the stage from memory. Didn't go to the VIP but got the impression it was much the same.

No chance of taking a chair in, though I assume crutches would help.

We had VIP for some of the days last year.   

Generally speaking, I'd say it's not worth the extra dosh.   It gets you into an area behind the main stage where there's a bar, some nicer toilets (although actually longer queues than the main ones) and a seating area.    Might be worth it for you for the seating area as seats are limited on site (I can only remember a few benches etc by the food vans in the main area).

VIP does have quite a lot of seating but as the guys say, if that's all you're after then probably not worth the extra dosh. Maybe worth emailing the organisers and seeing about trying to get onto the accessibility platform which will have chairs

3 minutes ago, maxdillon7 said:

i wish i never asked/ is it nailed on 😭

Folk who know stuff seem to think so sadly.

53 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Folk who know stuff seem to think so sadly.

such a shame...

i guess it makes sense tho, cos they’ll probably try do their gentlemen of the road thing, where they choose all the acts 

At this rate this will be the last chance to see the Mumfords headline an event bigger than Country Winston’s Car Wash. Don’t think I’ve listened to the latest album more than once and I say that as one of the few people who actually liked Wilder Mind.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

Last year I went to three APE shows. This year I’ve only booked The Strokes. Not sure how well it’ll do this year TBH.

16 minutes ago, John L said:

Last year I went to three APE shows. This year I’ve only booked The Strokes. Not sure how well it’ll do this year TBH.

It'll have a lot of people going for one day and a lot less people going multiple days. (Last year, I did 5 days and this year I'd probably end up doing 1, maybe 2). It's definitely down to personal preference; I reckon quite a lot of people will go to both Mumford and Bon Iver for example.

I reckon it'll be fine, but no sold out days.

Edited by aidenlangan95

Still got four very good days IMO, which is about the same as last year. I don't see much difference other than the headliners are maybe a tad less impressive.