SomeoneListeningIn

All Points East Festival 2019

49 minutes ago, jr1312 said:

Not from what I've heard no

I'm fully expecting this to be a no, but just so it can be 100% ruled out, is the rumour of Blur a while back in the thread true?

14 hours ago, Dronx said:

Anyone recommend any budget hotels near by for 4 blokes please? 

Even budget hotels in London are pretty expensive on Saturdays, not to mention its a bank holiday as well.. 

I'd like to be proved wrong though. 

Edit: Assuming you're talking about Saturday 25th 

Edited by Sean1234321

8 hours ago, Millar95 said:

I'm fully expecting this to be a no, but just so it can be 100% ruled out, is the rumour of Blur a while back in the thread true?

As far as I'm aware it was a rumour and won't be happening

2 hours ago, tomes said:

What about vampire weekend? :)

Still possible but would be weird with them starting their US tour a few days later and coming over to do European festivals only a few weeks later. Thought similar about The Strokes though and look how that turned out. Anyone else got any realistic shouts? Struggling to think of anyone. Could easily be someone "off-brand" though like BMTH this year and Catfish last.

noel g has  a gap in his schedule and no london gigs in the diary, he could head a day with ian brown/doves etc. However hopefully this wont happen because

a) it's probably too off brand 

and

b )it's the night of the champions league final so he may have it deliberately clear

1 minute ago, suttttttt said:

Perfect thank you! I did Finsbury Park for QOTSA last year and the bar situation was dire, hours to get a drink. Was it better here?

Yeah I was there too, it was horrendous, just stayed sober. Might be the odd queue but it's nothing like that at APE, you'll be fine.

13 hours ago, Millar95 said:

Nope, Damon is touring TGTBTQ this summer.

3 hours ago, suttttttt said:

Perfect thank you! I did Finsbury Park for QOTSA last year and the bar situation was dire, hours to get a drink. Was it better here?

Was at The National and LCD last year. Don't think I ever queued more than 5 minutes for a drink.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Nope, Damon is touring TGTBTQ this summer.

Yeah, I'm aware of this! But the poster was ruling out acts it definitely was not so just thought I'd put that rumour to bed (not that I actually thought it was true, but one can hope.)

26 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Was at The National and LCD last year. Don't think I ever queued more than 5 minutes for a drink.

Good to hear! How does it compare to a Finsbury Park gig as an event?

Edited by suttttttt

Foals have added a second date at Alexandra Palace, I take it they wouldn't be trying to shift(according to Google) 20,000 tickets in London if it was them for the second Saturday.

7 minutes ago, AAlex said:

Foals have added a second date at Alexandra Palace, I take it they wouldn't be trying to shift(according to Google) 20,000 tickets in London if it was them for the second Saturday.

Foals are not playing All Points East, they're touring the UK in June.

2 minutes ago, ShutUpDonny said:

I know the Strokes day is already stacked but what other names could we expect to be added?

Hoping for Oh Sees looking at their tour dates. Think they're nailed on for either Strokes or Christine and the Queens day.

23 minutes ago, suttttttt said:

Good to hear! How does it compare to a Finsbury Park gig as an event?

Not sure, been a while since I was at a Finsbury gig.

APE is very well organised though, nice big space (last time I was at FP was the Stone Roses in 2013 and it felt very cramped), plenty of food, bars and toilets so no queues, easy to get in and out for the tube again. My only gripe was the timings between the two main stages, there was such a short gap between acts - only ten minutes between TWOD and The National which meant it was tough to see all of TWOD and then dash back to get a spot for The National.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

Wouldn't mind Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever and Fontaines DC being added to the Strokes day

In the US unfortunately. Probably coming over late June (first date atm is Holland 6th July), just in time for Glastonbury.

14 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

In the US unfortunately. Probably coming over late June (first date atm is Holland 6th July), just in time for Glastonbury.

Had a feeling one of them would be out but couldn't be bothered to check dates, I'll take a Glastonbury spot very happily, slot up at the park would go down very well in the sunshine 

We expecting same next week as this week? Final headliners announced, some undercard for that, some more bands for the Fri and Sun?

We expecting same next week as this week? Final headliners announced, some undercard for that, some more bands for the Fri and Sun?