SomeoneListeningIn

All Points East Festival 2019

1 hour ago, Callum_96 said:

Wouldn't mind Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever and Fontaines DC being added to the Strokes day

Fontaines DC also in the US, haha. Last US date May 28th at the moment, so maybe second weekend. 

2 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

Fontaines DC also in the US, haha. Last US date May 28th at the moment, so maybe second weekend. 

Ah feck this! If they don't turn up at Glastonbury or Green Man I'm not gonna be happy, could get no where near their Coventry gig the other week wasn't pleased

17 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

We expecting same next week as this week? Final headliners announced, some undercard for that, some more bands for the Fri and Sun?

think so

31 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

We expecting same next week as this week? Final headliners announced, some undercard for that, some more bands for the Fri and Sun?

They didn't say anything about a next announcement, right? Just that names for the second Saturday will be announced soon. They made a big deal of the whole Strokes thing, could easily see them waiting another week (or continue while they've loads of exposure?). 

Still don't know who to expect other than maybe Tame Impala.

2 hours ago, suttttttt said:

Good to hear! How does it compare to a Finsbury Park gig as an event?

Infinitely better, Finsbury Park was a shit show last year.

Considering it was its inaugural* year, last year went v smoothly. I went to 4 of the days.

*(Admittedly, a lot of the infrastructure and layout was taken over from Field day / Lovebox / citadel).

30 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Someone mentioned a 25th Anniversary show in here, right? 

20190201_191930.jpg

I just don't get why they would bother doing it again having done it at Reading 2013. I'd understand them doing American Idiot in full (even though they already do a massive lot of it) more.

1 hour ago, tomes said:

I think maybe vampire weekend, still not date in UK and they are in USA during Glastonbury, not in Lalitude...

They could do trnsmt

So the APE Twitter have just followed Radiohead, Thom Yorke, Four Tet, Mount Kimbie and Hudson Hohawke. I know that could mean fuck all, but seems odd to just follow them randomly now. Perhaps Thom is making an appearance.

28 minutes ago, James96 said:

So the APE Twitter have just followed Radiohead, Thom Yorke, Four Tet, Mount Kimbie and Hudson Hohawke. I know that could mean fuck all, but seems odd to just follow them randomly now. Perhaps Thom is making an appearance.

Could be? Has nothing announced for the weekends...Would he headline the remaining date perhaps?

11 minutes ago, beatkeeper said:

Could be? Has nothing announced for the weekends...Would he headline the remaining date perhaps?

Surely he couldn't headline.

1 hour ago, James96 said:

Sounds like another big Electronic day for the 2nd weekend i guess. 

i imagine apparat will be added to that day he's free. Prob Modeselektor and Empress Of etc. 

Edited by Rico_Pliskin

31 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

BMTH just tweeted that announcements are coming soon

Yeah guessing Tuesday for the full Weekend 2 drop. Looking forward to it. Hope BRM are on the Bon Iver day

Will be my first time at this - heading over for Friday and Saturday. Brilliant lineup.

Couple of newbie questions:

- Any good after parties usually on?

- What's it like getting back into central London after transport-wise? 

- Any particular recommendations on where to grab an Airbnb?

23 minutes ago, bryano1000 said:

Will be my first time at this - heading over for Friday and Saturday. Brilliant lineup.

I managed to get an Airbnb near site, there's quite a few places normally. 

And getting into central London is normally alright, I've been to a few things and Victoria park over the years and normally just walked to Mile End tube and got it from there, can be busy though

24 minutes ago, bryano1000 said:

They had a few official after parties last year, although I didn't go to any so dunno if they were any good. Maybe they'll do the same this year.

Other than Nick Cave Sunday, didn't struggle with getting back last year. I think the tube closed early that day because they were working on it and I only just managed to catch the last train. But if you're only going on Friday and Saturday you should be fine.

No idea about Airbnbs