SomeoneListeningIn

All Points East Festival 2019

from a well-connected source - tho said with a certain amount of uncertainty - I'm hearing Mumfords for the last day.

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

from a well-connected source - tho said with a certain amount of uncertainty - I'm hearing Mumfords for the last day.

Awesome, APE  are knocking it out the park yet again

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

This will of course be much maligned here and it won’t particularly appeal to me but you can’t argue with that in terms of the stature of act. They did well last year but they’ve really arrived now (especially if this one does come through). 

Had a few tabs open and thought I was in a Glastonbury tab for a second :lol:. 

19 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

This will of course be much maligned here and it won’t particularly appeal to me but you can’t argue with that in terms of the stature of act. They did well last year but they’ve really arrived now (especially if this one does come through). 

Aye, not my cup of tea but a solid booking if true. 

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Ouch! Nothing brings a good festival down like Billy Banjo and the lads rocking up.

• Upvote 2

I was hoping for Tame Impala having missed them at Citadel last summer. There are few bands I have such deep seated and justified antipathy towards as Mumford and Sons. 

1 minute ago, SalviaPlath said:

I was hoping for Tame Impala having missed them at Citadel last summer. There are few bands I have such deep seated and justified antipathy towards as Mumford and Sons. 

Tbh, they could have tame impala support mumfords

10 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Tbh, they could have tame impala support mumfords

Tame Impala are headlining Coachella this year and headlined a festival in London with a similar capacity. There is no chance of this happening.

EDIT: Just seen that Citadel's capacity is quite a bit smaller than APE, but the point still stands. Tame Impala are not supporting Mumford, simple as.

Edited by aidenlangan95

3 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Tame Impala are headlining Coachella this year and headlined a festival in London with a similar capacity. There is no chance of this happening.

to be fair, APE is a step up, but not enough of a step up to justify them being repetitive with a second london one day-er

A few mentions of Mumford and Sons on page Three of this forum. Well done - I blame you.

Although really I’m glad it won’t be Tame Impala - so I won’t have to come back to London for the second weekend.

1 hour ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

If it is Mumford then I think that’s a fairly recent booking, someone I spoke to a month or so ago, who would know these things, didn’t mention APE as being in their schedule. 

It's not a recent booking - they've been in the picture for a while - hence mentioned on here ages ok

8 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

IMG_20190206_090749.jpg

That’s cracking that. If you love this genre of music, can’t deny this isn’t solid. And for £60.....

Wish the other days had stage splits so I could see what's going to be right before the Strokes on the North Stage... Probably going to be The Raconteurs. 

15 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

IMG_20190206_090749.jpg

Was just coming here to post this - could that they've announce the stag splits so early. Now they just need to space out the sets just a bit further to avoid the clashing complaints.

(Although, thinking about it, maybe they've announced the stage splits to stop the complaints when there are inevitable clashes).

Just now, Hawros said:

Was just coming here to post this - could that they've announce the stag splits so early. Now they just need to space out the sets just a bit further to avoid the clashing complaints.

(Although, thinking about it, maybe they've announced the stage splits to stop the complaints when there are inevitable clashes).

If people were concerned, architects confirmed they aren’t clashing with BMTH....probably run the jewels :(

1 minute ago, endswithMJ said:

If people were concerned, architects confirmed they aren’t clashing with BMTH....probably run the jewels :(

RTJ are on the same stage as BMTH, as per the poster above. None of those on the poster will clash with BMTH, it'll just be a smaller stage that has someone on, if any.