Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

2 hours ago, Mardy said:

I reckon they understand that their star is waning and their moment is (rapidly) passing them by. I've got a lot of time for 'em, but they're pretty much a one-trick pony and if they're still even a mid-size thing 3 years from now, I'll be really surprised.

I thought that could be Elbow 

6 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

DOVES! 

Interesting to see what they've got lined up for Monday. Would the Etihad be a bit too ambitious as a reunion gig? Cricket ground would probably be a better bet as it doesn't look as bad when it's not sold out or could it just be the arena for now. Betting that they'll be at Primavera Sound at least.

3 hours ago, DDave said:

Interesting to see what they've got lined up for Monday. Would the Etihad be a bit too ambitious as a reunion gig? Cricket ground would probably be a better bet as it doesn't look as bad when it's not sold out or could it just be the arena for now. Betting that they'll be at Primavera Sound at least.

I reckon they will be looking at 2 nights at the Apollo if anything. 

Apparently it’ll be a tour and new album and not just a one off gig.

i don’t think there will be a big one off Manchester outdoor gig, I think one night at, possibly Apollo, will be announced then a 2nd will then be announced once that sells. 

They are also apparently doing Kendall Calling. 

Funny the difference between solo and group sometimes.  Doves talking about cricket ground and last time I saw jimi goodwin solo was about 4 years ago at camp and furnace in Liverpool.  Probably 150 people there max . Did get to speak to him briefly afterwards nice bloke .

Hope doves do something like Apollo 

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Etihad? No.

Cricket ground? Possibly.

They sold out the Gmex or whatever it was called last time they played so think they'll be aiming a bit higher than the Apollo hopefully. Don't think the cricket ground on a weekend with a decent support is totally out of the realms of possibility.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/doves-12-1300650

3 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

A band so good that the much-missed @russycarps missed Neil Young’s GOAT 2009 headline set for them and claims not to have any regrets.

Also regrets missing them in 2003 for Moby. 

They actually did play Glastonbury a lot didn't they? Bodes well for next year.

@GETOFFAMYLAWN You'll know There Goes the Fear.