"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

Just now, Havors said:

You had me worried! passes the time until this damn secret gets leaked/revealed :D

Yes, mathematical disinformation is 'at least' as helpful as the rest of the discussion! And people might actually *learn* something that is at best misleading if not downright wrong

2 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

When are we thinking anyway? EE said soon... maybe the end of next week with a smaller stage inbetween? West Holts, then this surprise person?

The only mention of "soon" is in the headline of the BBC article. Could well be just made up by them. 

4 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

When are we thinking anyway? EE said soon... maybe the end of next week with a smaller stage inbetween? West Holts, then this surprise person?

The festival starts in 40 days - that is 'soon' but I think it will be out with the full line up sometime last week of May.

34 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

I've not had the chance to trawl through all pages but has anyone considered Take That? Shaun Keaveny mentioned a potential reunion for all five original members on R6M this morning and suggestively added "ooooh, I wonder where that would happen?" as if he knew something. Probably nothing but I could definitely see them fitting in that Sunday teatime slot

I suggested this a few pages ago, they have a new album out and their UK tour ends the week before Glasto. Can you imagine the PR Glasto and Take That would get with Gibb leading into a collaboration of How Deep is Your Love with Take That then Chic and Ed Sunday afternoon/evening. Not sure how Biffy would fit in though!

I can see that happening, with or without Blobby - I wouldn't be surprised if Blobby came on for a cameo perhaps? Might pee off a few punters who bought tickets for the UK touir to see Blobby appear at Glasto the week after

The quote was "A big surprise".

It's the last Glastonbury ever - going to become "variety Bazaar" sponsored by "Coke & Carlsberg".

No mention of "A surprise act"

Although I wouldn't be upset with most of the suggested artists playing (apart from the 1975).

14 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Oh, @Quark, what have you started?

download.png.c7b41cc05457b7b56588e3a034e9c1da.png

Would seriously make me happy though, and with Out of Time anniversary and the impromptu performance earlier this year it's no less reasonable than some of the suggestions getting bounced around

On 11/05/2017 at 0:05 PM, russycarps said:

so it's going to be a big name saturday sub headliner then, paving the way for the national to headline the other stage. Excellent news.

Haha my first thought after wondering what it might be was wondering if it could in some way lead to The National being in a better slot...

I'm going Gaga or Diana Ross, but I'm not really sure why either would have been kept quiet for so long. Just for a bit of fun? I hope it's one of those anyway.

Although I do like the idea of Random World Figure becoming a regular slot.

30 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Please do not get my REM hopes up. I stored them away years ago and convinced myself I would never see them live.

Me too, one of my big regrets.  Would love to see them at Glastonbury!

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Haha my first thought after wondering what it might be was wondering if it could in some way lead to The National being in a better slot...

I'm going Gaga or Diana Ross, but I'm not really sure why either would have been kept quiet for so long. Just for a bit of fun? I hope it's one of those anyway.

Although I do like the idea of Random World Figure becoming a regular slot.

Yep. Gaga slips into the saturday night slot of doom while the national triumphantly headline the other stage.........on friday, clashing with radiohead and flaming lips. 

It was ever thus.

I'm going with a big name band that had their own huge stadium gigs to sell before Glasto could announce them, are in the vicinity, and coupled with a Thursday headline slot. This leaves GnR, Stone Roses, Depeche Mode. Any others about? 

People have mentioned the licence required for Thursday but unless you've seen the actual licence then it's still a possible, given there's no fest next year so why not have an extra night. 

1 minute ago, Gooner4900 said:

What about having a headliner on Thursday night? has that been suggested. all other areas are having Thursday night slots? could it be?

I agree! There are bands & acts on most other stages by look of it, And if they've booked twice as many acts for this year surely they'd need that extra night? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think it's going to be the "legend slot" we all kind of assumed it was Barry Gibb but if it was him that's a big enough deal to make a separate announcement so I think he's playing elsewhere and we're getting a big legend 

My money is on Elton 

1 minute ago, Bonaneas said:

I'm going with a big name band that had their own huge stadium gigs to sell before Glasto could announce them, are in the vicinity, and coupled with a Thursday headline slot. This leaves GnR, Stone Roses, Depeche Mode. Any others about? 

People have mentioned the licence required for Thursday but unless you've seen the actual licence then it's still a possible, given there's no fest next year so why not have an extra night. 

Honestly mate, I'm not trying to pish on your chips but come on. You can't get into fucking William's Green on a Thursday night, there's no way they're putting an act like that on the Pyramid with nothing else on the other stages. 

• Upvote 1