2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

49 minutes ago, gfa said:

Flea from red hot chili peppers has just put up a full on greatest hits and a rarities setlist, usually they do a bit of both. Could this mean rhcp are headlining? I don’t keep up with glasto so if everything already fallen into place please @ me and say, but it did look like a Glastonbury playlist. Might be for the Pyramids show mind you

I would rather we reassessed the Snow Patrol suggestion.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, The Placid Casual said:

The glasto thingy tells us it's more than likely. I reckon the cure this month with maybe a couple more (Janet?) then the main stages early April.

Feel like we need at least a name drop sometime soon to save us all. Could well be The Cure although I'm still holding onto the albeit minimal flicker of hope that they're not one of the three! Is Janet a definite or was it just speculation? Be a great addition on the line up if true. Not long until April!

3 hours ago, MetaKate said:

Honestly though if they truly had Macca and then he dropped out.... now would be the time to Pony up for Fleetwood Mac, considering the lack of options + most of the options have already played. Idk this is such a weird year. I need some cold hard facts. 

Yup. Also makes sense to open up the purse strings given they've already bagged a cheapy in Stormzy.

I've actually though about it/went down YouTube rabbit hole and yanno what...

Its gotta be Gaga. I'm fully convinced by nothing imparticular except for my gut feeling (which has led me to being right on at least 1 other occasion).

It's the only thing that makes sense. The only possibility. THE SIGNS ARE ALL NOT THERE PEOPLE!! We have to start reading BETWEEN the rumors. 

1 minute ago, thesecretingredientiscrime said:

There’s nothing to say Stormzy is being paid any less than any other headline artist is.

There is no way he will be paid as much as Foos/Macca/other major established headliners. 

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

There is no way he will be paid as much as Foos/Macca/other major established headliners. 

Not in a normal festival setting, that’s correct but as I pointed out, there’s nothing to say he’s playing Glastonbury for any less than any other headline artist. Every artist already takes a cut in their fee so the idea that an artist might agree to a further reduced fee is questionable at best.

1 minute ago, thesecretingredientiscrime said:

Not in a normal festival setting, that’s correct but as I pointed out, there’s nothing to say he’s playing Glastonbury for any less than any other headline artist. Every artist already takes a cut in their fee so the idea that an artist might agree to a further reduced fee is questionable at best.

I think its more that he is new to it all which is what i am getting at, this is his first time at glasto and i doubt his management really would be sure what the rate is if you get what I mean. He definitely wouldn’t be expensive in the first place vs Macca so if they cut a percentage he’d be cheap still

Ya can’t just say “they should pay more for Fleetwood Mac/Madonna/etc.”. It’s a festival that has a pretty low set-fee for headliners because of all the other things it has to take into account. Using the apparent extra they forked our for the Stones doesn’t work either, because I’d guess that the band still compromised to take that fee from Glastonbury - not something every act will be willing to do.

Why don’t Y’ALL pony up and see Fleetwood Mac at their own show huh?

9 minutes ago, gfa said:

I think its more that he is new to it all which is what i am getting at, this is his first time at glasto and i doubt his management really would be sure what the rate is if you get what I mean. He definitely wouldn’t be expensive in the first place vs Macca so if they cut a percentage he’d be cheap still

He’s not managed by Del Boy and Rodney, he’s an international star. He’s played numerous festivals around the world, including Glastonbury several times, and his management will get everything they can for him, so the idea he’ll be on the cheap is wrong. As I mentioned, every Glastonbury act takes a cut in their fee, so it’s highly unlikely any of them go further than that.

In addition, if any act was likely to do it on the “cheap”, it would surely be Macca. He hardly needs the money, is an established act, is likely to have headline sets wherever he goes, has history with the festival and had been very insistent and keen on playing. 

Edited by thesecretingredientiscrime
  • Downvote 1