2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

9 minutes ago, Username taken said:

Given that the Killers and KOL are now loosely in the frame.  Is there any danger of Snow Patrol being in the mix.  Same era, around the same size with the same kind of fanbase.  They seem to have a prominent gap in their tour on Glasto weekend too

Ladies and gentlemen; The Headliner thread has finally jumped the shark.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Username taken said:

Given that the Killers and KOL are now loosely in the frame.  Is there any danger of Snow Patrol being in the mix.  Same era, around the same size with the same kind of fanbase.  They seem to have a prominent gap in their tour on Glasto weekend too

Hold on noones mentioned Maroon 5 yet.

13 minutes ago, Username taken said:

Are you trolling?

1 minute ago, addicted2noise said:

Killers and KOL have both previously headlined where The Strokes haven't (have they been played the festival before?)

There's absolutely zero point in booking either to headline the festival again. Those in their 40s/50s tend to go nuts for Human mind, or at least where I live, and that wasn't out when the Killers last played.

KOL were pretty boring at Reading last year. Setlist wise, they played loads of the old stuff which I enjoy but they didn't interact with the crowd so it all felt a little flat. Maybe I was ready for home as we were off after they finished. Everyone pretty much was waiting for Sex On Fire.

The Killers always put a good show on imo. I thought they were great at the o2 last time they were here and the stage show was fab too. I'd be interested to see if the full band would get back together for Glasto as its just the two of them now? They have plenty of tunes too for the field.

18 minutes ago, thisisthesam said:

The Killers always put a good show on imo. I thought they were great at the o2 last time they were here and the stage show was fab too. I'd be interested to see if the full band would get back together for Glasto as its just the two of them now? They have plenty of tunes too for the field.

Doubtful. But tbf the two blokes currently on guitar have been playing with them as touring musicians for years in the background and Ted (lead guitarist) has really stepped up into the role. I doubt anyone bar fans who follow them would really notice the change in band lineup. Brandon and Ronnie have always been the energy drivers during live shows anyway. I do wish they'd get back together to actually make the music though - as that is suffering.

Edited by jessden89

Ive seen both KOL and The Killers twice and thought both were pretty shite tbf but Killers at least put effort into their set. Id avoid either but The Killers set went down last time so I guess people wouod be happy with a repeat. Cant see many being eager for another KOL headline run around though, worst live band Ive ever seen, Id avoid like the plague. 

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Kings of Leon are better than The Killers ffs.

4 minutes ago, jessden89 said:

Don't necessarily disagree in terms of catalogue but in terms of live show/atmosphere/singalongs/the kind of stuff at least one Glastonbury headliner needs to bring imo The Killers are far better 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

That's like choosing the tallest dwarf though.

I feel another pointless poll coming on...

Please can someone put Gimli as one of the options

5 minutes ago, jessden89 said:

Is it normal to have this little an idea at this point? This is going to be my first Glasto.

Some years we have a decent idea on all three by now, other years we have none.

In 2015 we went into May before The Who were confirmed, and that came out of the blue.

Edited by Hugh Jass

4 minutes ago, jessden89 said:

Is it normal to have this little an idea at this point? This is going to be my first Glasto.

2016-2017: No. We knew those for ages ahead of time. Debates about whether Adele/Sheeran were suitable to close the stage not withstanding.

Prior to that: Yes. It's gone a lot later than this in the past. 2015 especially when The Who weren't even available due to a booked gig in Paris but still ended up doing it.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Felt like we all knew it was going to be Muse/Adele/Coldplay well in advance, way before they were actually announced.

Aye, the only debate was our collective mass hysteria around fitting Radiohead somewhere but realistically all 3 were nailed on pretty early