2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Didn’t somebody at one of Adele’s shows shout out ‘are you playing Glastonbury?’ and she kind of denied it which caused a bit of doubt on top of us thinking she maybe wouldn’t want to play to a crowd that huge, but other than that she was the front runner for a long time.

That was me haha, not checked these forums for ages, but came to nosey at the rumours, and saw this post! haha

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Doug85 said:

Yeah along with Emily's comments of they would love to have her and she would be an amazing booking etc. There was no definitive info but from memory the consensus around here and im sure yourself was that she was probably playing but with the possibility it may not be her as she hadn't done festivals before. 

Sure she was confirmed in the late feb early march at her own gig, so was still around 4 months before the festival (so still moderately early) 

Emily said that about Madge not long ago, didn't she? And Madge would fit Twitter Jennifer's info.

4 hours ago, thisisthesam said:

KOL were pretty boring at Reading last year. Setlist wise, they played loads of the old stuff which I enjoy but they didn't interact with the crowd so it all felt a little flat. Maybe I was ready for home as we were off after they finished. Everyone pretty much was waiting for Sex On Fire.

The Killers always put a good show on imo. I thought they were great at the o2 last time they were here and the stage show was fab too. I'd be interested to see if the full band would get back together for Glasto as its just the two of them now? They have plenty of tunes too for the field.

The Killers lighting engineer/designer tweeted he’s working on a ‘large project’... Glastonbury stage show perhaps?

7ED71E45-1BB7-44D1-8330-C271BE10C459.jpeg

44 minutes ago, AThirteen said:

The Killers lighting engineer/designer tweeted he’s working on a ‘large project’... Glastonbury stage show perhaps?

7ED71E45-1BB7-44D1-8330-C271BE10C459.jpeg

Seen them last summer at Rock Werchter and the stage was absolutely over-done. Brandon was wearing a sequin shirt which made him look even more like Ken. So him being busy doesn't really mean anything I think, except that they helped make the Arctic Monkeys set and minimalist stage look a lot better at RW.

5 hours ago, chatty said:

Ive seen both KOL and The Killers twice and thought both were pretty shite tbf but Killers at least put effort into their set. Id avoid either but The Killers set went down last time so I guess people wouod be happy with a repeat. Cant see many being eager for another KOL headline run around though, worst live band Ive ever seen, Id avoid like the plague. 

Kings of Leon were absolutely incredible live around the time of their 2nd album, probably one of my favourite ever gigs. They seemed to get more boring though as they sobered up and their songs became more successful/MOR. 

I’m a big fan of KoL and just from old memories alone seeing them on the pyramid for me would definitely be a good result. Some of their tunes and a summers evening go hand in hand if we’re talking about the likes of YAYM and ASH (still holding out to see them do Talihina Sky live). I still like the majority of Becauase of The Times and Only By the Night as Fans and Cold Desert are two of my KoL biggest tunes.

That being said I can’t see why on earth they’d be headlining in 2019. WALLS was a half decent effort a few years back but nothing out of the expected from them, and that was released at the back end of 2016. 

A lot on here seem to have bad memories from seeing them live so maybe I’m just bias as a fan, but I’d much rather see them up there than The Killers.

My gut feeling says female so I’m swaying towards Madonna or Gaga. Or maybe Fleetwood Mac are finally stepping up to the plate!

Remember before 2017 there was a lot of debate about the lack of female acts especially at the top end of the stages. I am sure Emily said this would be addressed in the future. I had thought that Florence would make a return this year but that’s not happening.  Reckon one headliner has to be female,  gaga?

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Didn’t somebody at one of Adele’s shows shout out ‘are you playing Glastonbury?’ and she kind of denied it which caused a bit of doubt on top of us thinking she maybe wouldn’t want to play to a crowd that huge, but other than that she was the front runner for a long time.

She responded by talking about poo, as is her wont.

Flea from red hot chili peppers has just put up a full on greatest hits and a rarities setlist, usually they do a bit of both. Could this mean rhcp are headlining? I don’t keep up with glasto so if everything already fallen into place please @ me and say, but it did look like a Glastonbury playlist. Might be for the Pyramids show mind you

1 minute ago, gfa said:

Flea from red hot chili peppers has just put up a full on greatest hits and a rarities setlist, usually they do a bit of both. Could this mean rhcp are headlining? I don’t keep up with glasto so if everything already fallen into place please @ me and say, but it did look like a Glastonbury playlist. Might be for the Pyramids show mind you

I do hope so.

2 hours ago, jessden89 said:

Thoughts on Nick Cave & TBS subbing The Cure on Sunday ft. Kylie joining after her Legends slot to sing 'Where The Wild Roses Grow' with Nick?

That would make my Glastonbury. Good call!

1 hour ago, nysmaw said:

Seen them last summer at Rock Werchter and the stage was absolutely over-done. Brandon was wearing a sequin shirt which made him look even more like Ken. So him being busy doesn't really mean anything I think, except that they helped make the Arctic Monkeys set and minimalist stage look a lot better at RW.

I saw the killers last summer at Benicassim and i honestly haven't been so disappointed by a band for a long time, mainly because it was the Brandon Flowers show.

Obviously the guitarist and bassist have stopped touring apart from special occasions so the focus has to be on him, but it felt like it was at the expense of the music. During songs like when you were young, all these things I've done etc, the solos were so understated and quiet that they sounded like watered down versions of the originals. And he was just there doing his Vegas showman big white smile nonsense. 

But if the originals come back for a headline slot like they did for the John peel gig it will be the only chance to see them at their full best for a long time. Otherwise I'll be steering clear 

29 minutes ago, gfa said:

Let’s be serious this isn’t Leeds. Nobody wants to see that lot. 

• Upvote 1