2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

The big anniversary line ups...
10th - There wasn't a festival ?
20th - The Cure; Happy Mondays; Sinead O'Connor 
30th - Bowie; Travis; Chemical Brothers
40th - Gorrillaz (replacing U2), Muse, Stevie Wonder.

Yeah I'm not expecting a huge amount out of the ordinary to be honest. A bigger than usual legend and maybe the odd big act popping up somewhere unexpected (basically, Coldplay doing a secret set somewhere). That'll be it.

Only Emily’s already said that a lot of the bigger acts they wanted have deferred until 50th. Gave me the impression they could have their pick next year.

It doesn’t make sense though really, does it? The 50th is important to the festival, but it won’t have more people attending. It won’t have more television coverage. The best they’d get is association with an anniversary year so maybe slightly more press, but acts that are massive wouldn’t need that. 

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Only Emily’s already said that a lot of the bigger acts they wanted have deferred until 50th. Gave me the impression they could have their pick next year.

It doesn’t make sense though really, does it? The 50th is important to the festival, but it won’t have more people attending. It won’t have more television coverage. The best they’d get is association with an anniversary year so maybe slightly more press, but acts that are massive wouldn’t need that. 

I agree it doesn't seem to make much sense.

Then again, if Percy approached them and said "cos its your 50th I'll finally do it", they're not going to knock him back, are they? 

It could come together as something special but I don't really think it will.

40 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

The 1975 aren't going to headline the 50th Glastonbury the year after they headlined R&L. Put Coldplay there and its probably not far off including Elton.

Why would they say no to The 1975 and instead book a band who've released nothing since the last time they headlined and have already headlined 4 times lol?

23 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

No mate they'd have booked Coldplay instead.

And Dua 3rd Pyramid.

I 75% get this joke but my point was if they legitimately have given it to the strokes, I’d find it surprising if the 1975 wouldn’t be asked (reading aside)

I reckon the 1975 might have shot themselves in the foot a bit with their plan. If they held for Glasto this year they might of got the slot. I can’t see them being harder to arrange than an American band.

whereas for 2020 you have no idea what priority headliners are lined up before them

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I 75% get this joke but my point was if they legitimately have given it to the strokes, I’d find it surprising if the 1975 wouldn’t be asked (reading aside)

I reckon the 1975 might have shot themselves in the foot a bit with their plan. If they held for Glasto this year they might of got the slot. I can’t see them being harder to arrange than an American band.

whereas for 2020 you have no idea what priority headliners are lined up before them

Glastonbury will try to get the biggest, most affordable acts available. The 1975 will be one the biggest, most affordable acts available. They'll be in the mix.

19 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I know you're joking but I would love this so much. Two perfect albums in my opinion.  

I'm only joking in the sense that it wouldn't happen.

Really next year should be the year of the reunions. Longpigs, Led Zeppelin and Beastie Boys. With John Bonham's son stepping in for all the deceased members (he can rap, right?)

2 minutes ago, jessden89 said:

Soz if already been said but The 1975 are now booked for all nights of Glastonbury elsewhere

Oh really? Don't think that has been said, there was a post on here screenshotted earlier saying they're definitely subbing The Cure...