Liam Gallagher

plaskins

1 hour ago, SG87 said:

Reading & Leeds were screaming about Kasabian being a UK exclusive, only for TRNSMT in Glasgow to announce them. Hopefully their exclusive label for Liam is also a lot of shite. 

Exactly! Exclusives are shite!

Another one for @sisco, MAJOR LAZER! Reading has been called all over the shop this year for their exclusives being embarrassing.

Edited by thewayiam

58 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Exactly! Exclusives are shite!

Another one for @sisco, MAJOR LAZER! Reading has been called all over the shop this year for their exclusives being embarrassing.

Ok so Major Lazer who are heading the other and Kasabian who are playing in Scotland.  Where u putting Liam Gallagher?! New solo album, (and reading are selling it as this) and you reckon they'll say, yeah it's ok stick him middle of the afternoon on the other.  

I maybe wrong but I just can't see it myself 

5 minutes ago, sisco said:

Ok so Major Lazer who are heading the other and Kasabian who are playing in Scotland.  Where u putting Liam Gallagher?! New solo album, (and reading are selling it as this) and you reckon they'll say, yeah it's ok stick him middle of the afternoon on the other.  

Future Islands were announced as Green Man exclusive, so....

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Who said anything about early afternoon?, think you're digging that up from nowhere! He could still easily do sub/3rd down.

Glasto have exclusives everywhere this year and it's only what it is until it's something different. 

54 minutes ago, briddj said:

Future Islands were announced as Green Man exclusive, so....

This

4 hours ago, sisco said:

Right forget exclusives........ 

I (yes me!!) doesn't think that Liam Gallagher (that bloke from Oasis) will be playing this year!

* And Yes I do understand some people with exclusives play other festivals. 

That's fine, but based on the exclusive doesn't hold much weight.

I think how recently he was confirmed by R+L as an exclusive makes it less likely to be false, seeing as they'd probably have been well aware he's playing Glasto at that point if true.

Major Lazer were announced in November, quite possibly before Glasto had seen if they could book them. And it was soon after R+L announced Kasabian that they were added to TRNSMT but that's a new event so maybe it wasn't in place for that long. I don't think LG is the same as either of those and if Bradders' guy isn't so sure anymore I could imagine the exclusive holding up.

3 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Exclusives clearly don't apply to Glastonbury, but it's still difficult to place Liam Gallagher, I mean it's not like Glastonbury need him on the poster to shift tickets like all the others do, so would they book somebody like him based on name only, assuming they haven't heard any of his mystery new material? 

They booked Beady Eye on name only. I actually don't think opening Other is a bad shout now. Secret set completely would be useless, he wants exposure and people to hear his stuff.