Liam Gallagher

plaskins

Thought I'd start a thread now Liam is listed as a SR on efests' lineup page.

I grew up with Oasis, and they fast became my go to, and favourite music. His voice was definitive of the 90s at least, and legendary. I know Gallagher related bashing goes hand in hand with this forum, so if the doubters/dislikers could be kind enough to refrain from joining in on this one.. Let's get along :P

For any fans on here, what are your favourite Liam penned songs to date (Oasis/Beady Eye?). I'll say Evil Eye or I'm Outta Time

Liam has a fair few dates already confirmed this year, I hope some album info/tour dates are on the horizon.

I'd be there with bells on (and I'm hoping this rumour is based on good info, not some bastard one;)). 

Will definitely see him as long as he don't clash with Radiohead, or I will have to catch him on another gig somewhere. Can't describe how much I look forward to his album and I will probably be beyond disappointed..

Boy with the blues, songbird, born on a different cloud and im outta time are at least average oasis songs so hopefully he will be able to put together a decent album. Here's a cover of the song he sang in a pub 2015:

Read that he's rehearsing listen up, whatever, dkwim, my big mouth and don't go away (how will that sound :S )

Edited by Ovechkin

15 minutes ago, mufcok said:

I'll be there with bells on, love the guy

I like a lot of the stuff a wrote on the later Oasis albums, in particularly the ones on Don't Believe The Truth

Really like Soul Love from the second Beady Eye record as well

Soul Love ;)

This is probably me favourite Gallagher tune on BE.

Bar Songbird, I don't think any of the stuff he wrote for Oasis has held up particularly well. I do like The Roller and Flick of the Finger, despite Beady Eye generally not beeint very good. 

Really intrigued to hear what his solo stuff sounds like, and I'lll almost certainly check him out on the farm, clashes permitting. 

6 minutes ago, Ovechkin said:

Will definitely see him as long as he don't clash with Radiohead

Read that he's rehearsing listen up, whatever, dkwim, my big mouth and don't go away (how will that sound :S )

Yep, a Friday headline slot would be a shitter. I'd probably watch RH too, as have never seen them live. Unless Liam pops out a blinding album.

Also, Don't Believe The Truth with regards to the rehearsed songs. I think that what prompted Liam's "sauce" tweet...

I love the melody to I'm Outta Time, but I'm not sure what to expect from his solo effort. I haven't really listened to much BE, but I've alway been team Noel, ever since I heard The Masterplan (song). 

I will be there, but his voice is fucked these days.

Perhaps he'll play Love Me and Leave Me? 

Edited by McCor

5 hours ago, plaskins said:

Thought I'd start a thread now Liam is listed as a SR on efests' lineup page.

I grew up with Oasis, and they fast became my go to, and favourite music. His voice was definitive of the 90s at least, and legendary. I know Gallagher related bashing goes hand in hand with this forum, so if the doubters/dislikers could be kind enough to refrain from joining in on this one.. Let's get along :P

I reserve the right to Bash the Gallagher if you don't mind :P

I would be over the moon if LG is there, especially in a decent evening slot. When BE had the opening slot on the other it felt like a waste to me, tired hungover crowd, half of which are probably waiting for something else.  Always wanted to see Noel down the farm as well, 2004 feels like such a long time ago, would be fantastic to hear some of my favourite Oasis tunes at that place, mixed in with some new material. Check out Some Might Say on the White Room circa 95, it's on youtube, black & white video ... my favourite performance by oasis I think, back when his voice was class.

To be fair, the production on this one by Dave Sitek was pretty big.

Not sure if it will make it into his setlists, and I also doubt I'll  get round to seeing him - he's likely to be quite high up on one of the stages, and there's always clashes-a-plenty at that time of day!

I would go along to watch out of interest. Liam is a legend and has sung some of my favourite tunes of all time but the last few years on the road haven't been kind to his voice. BE sets at both Glastonbury and Heaton Park weren't great to be fair. His voice really seems to struggle. 

he's a hard one to place on the lineup, because despite nominally being a "new act", he has all that history and a big following without having released anything.

can't really have him too early as it would probably be way too crowded, but don't think he can really get a headline slot with nothing released (yet).

sub or 3rd on JP if I was to guess.

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

I know this will mark me out as a casual Oasis fan that abandoned them halfway through Be Here Now and only knows the singles, but my favourite Liam song is Songbird.  It's genuinely decent.

I think abandoning them half way through your first listen of Be Here Now marks you out as a music fan. 

Just now, Woffy said:

I think abandoning them half way through your first listen of Be Here Now marks you out as a music fan. 

I stuck it on the other month when those retrospectives were knocking about and I was surprised by how well I knew it, given that I've never owned it and there was no Spotify back in the day.  A bit like seeing East 17 in 2009 and knowing most of the words to some songs.

I don't miss Radio 1.