Liam Gallagher

plaskins

47 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I think he'd do a lot better with a load of Oasis tracks like Noel did from the start, I think that's where Liam went wrong in a big way tbh.

I agree and reckon this will do better than Beady Eye but Noel gigs have a reasonably high proportion of middle aged couples alongside the typical Oasis crowd which I can't see Liam ever attracting, so I can't see him ever managing arenas.

On 07/04/2017 at 0:56 AM, thewayiam said:

Can you imagine him being the Muse sub?, not sure how much you believe but I thought after him playing Summer Sonic in Japan V weekend that there was a chance, I don't think it'll rule him out of Glasto though, he knows what that would do for him and if he'd need to be fairly high to stop him playing.

If I'm honest, I can't see him only playing one UK festival this summer. I could be wrong, time will tell. 

I'd rather it was announced at some point if he was playing 

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

I think he'd do a lot better with a load of Oasis tracks like Noel did from the start, I think that's where Liam went wrong in a big way tbh.

Noel went out with the ones he wrote, Liam could've doine the same.. but I'm outta time and songbird probably wouldn't have stacked up against the ones Noel was doing. Liam then did a few tracks from Oasis (Noel written) on the second tour. 

I think he may as well play 50% Oasis on this tour (aka what his brother does). At the festival gigs at least where nobody apart from hardcores will know his album. I can't see him Don't Look Back In Anger though, that was tongue in cheek..

He should play the likes of Columbia, Bring It On Down, Married With Children, Hey Now, Fade Away, All Around The World, D'You Know What I Mean?, Fade In-Out, Go Let It Out, Gas Panic!  Bag It Up. Most of them are songs that Noel is never likely to play, and some big fan favourites in there as well. 

47 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

He should play the likes of Columbia, Bring It On Down, Married With Children, Hey Now, Fade Away, All Around The World, D'You Know What I Mean?, Fade In-Out, Go Let It Out, Gas Panic!  Bag It Up. Most of them are songs that Noel is never likely to play, and some big fan favourites in there as well. 

He'd massacre them all.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

He'd massacre them all.

To be fair he's gonna massacre whatever he chooses to sing so he might as well massacre songs the crowd know the words to so they can just sing over the top of him. Him on stage singing solo stuff that nobody knows the words to - now there's the danger zone.

11 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

I agree and reckon this will do better than Beady Eye but Noel gigs have a reasonably high proportion of middle aged couples alongside the typical Oasis crowd which I can't see Liam ever attracting, so I can't see him ever managing arenas.

I think he's doing festivals maybe before his own gigs to get his following 1st before he does his own gigs. There is  obsessed don't in my mind that Glastonbury will happen with a televised set to not only help sell Reading but also make people want to buy his own gigs who weren't at Glastonbury and don't want to attend a kids festival.

10 hours ago, plaskins said:

If I'm honest, I can't see him only playing one UK festival this summer. I could be wrong, time will tell. 

I'd rather it was announced at some point if he was playing 

And he won't be, an exclusive is only ever one until another books them. No other publicist mentioned him being exclusive and Reading made sure not to put his only UK Fest appearance this year...they left it very open that at the time it was his only UK Fest show. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't actually come with the bigger poster but was left until maybe a week before the time are released and just added.

10 hours ago, plaskins said:

Noel went out with the ones he wrote, Liam could've doine the same.. but I'm outta time and songbird probably wouldn't have stacked up against the ones Noel was doing. Liam then did a few tracks from Oasis (Noel written) on the second tour. 

I think he may as well play 50% Oasis on this tour (aka what his brother does). At the festival gigs at least where nobody apart from hardcores will know his album. I can't see him Don't Look Back In Anger though, that was tongue in cheek..

He defo needs to chuck some crowd favorites in, Noels 1st album was decent enough tbh but people clearly went for Oasis and will do the same for Noel. Noel went through a phase of putting less Oasis stuff in but over the last tour he's upped it again to include some of what he did on the original tour as he probably knows him as solo is wearing a little things now, nothing he produced after his debut was as good by far!

It doesn't really matter what he included what Noel wrote because he's never going to get sued over it, Noel will just make claim that he still cant gig without his songs but Liam singing those helped make them as big as they were. Liam is coming straight into a solo show at Reading with a sub set like Noel did at T and V, we can't care Glastonbury because even if he would have got the sub he still hasn't, but if Liam does take off then a couple of years down the line a Glasto sub might be there and I don't think he will reject it.

There was a time where Liam could really sing, but he clearly hasn't looked after his voice. He spent the last years of Oasis sneering at the end of each line like Johnny Rotten. Such a shame, because if he got it together again, any of Listen Up, Be Here Now, Cast No Shadow, Hey Now, Fade In-Out, Let's All Make Believe would be great to hear on the tour. The last Oasis show I remember his voice being decent was at Finsbury Park in 2002 but 1995-era Liam's voice was fantastic. Where did it all go wrong...?

5 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

There was a time where Liam could really sing, but he clearly hasn't looked after his voice. He spent the last years of Oasis sneering at the end of each line like Johnny Rotten. Such a shame, because if he got it together again, any of Listen Up, Be Here Now, Cast No Shadow, Hey Now, Fade In-Out, Let's All Make Believe would be great to hear on the tour. The last Oasis show I remember his voice being decent was at Finsbury Park in 2002 but 1995-era Liam's voice was fantastic. Where did it all go wrong...?

I'm hoping he's got his voice together and ready to surprise people.

I saw them on their last stadium tour and it was good but I don't think it was the best thing ever like some

His voice on the Beady Eye stuff sounded a million times better than the later Oasis records. He sometimes sounded like someone doing an impression of Liam Gallagher near the end. I think as long as he avoids falling into that trap again he can still sound great. 

I'd love to hear him knock out some of the tracks mentioned above. Columbia, Fade Away and Gas Panic especially. I'd add Headshrinker into the mix as well. 

18 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'm hoping he's got his voice together and ready to surprise people.

I saw them on their last stadium tour and it was good but I don't think it was the best thing ever like some

Yeah, that's my hope too. I saw them at Earl's Court in 1995 and he sounded amazing, at Knebworth a year later he basically pretended to be John Lennon (certainly on the first night anyway). Contrast that with the second night at Wembley in 2000, which was one of the worst live vocal performances I've heard from any act. Up there with matey from Angels and Airwaves. That bad.

I've always thought that Liam bottled it in later years when the focus was on his voice. Like the MTV Unplugged show when he had "laryngitis" but was then spotted heckling Noel from the box, while smoking and drinking. I hope the voice is still in there, would be great if he surprised us all.

9 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

Contrast that with the second night at Wembley in 2000, which was one of the worst live vocal performances I've heard from any act. Up there with matey from Angels and Airwaves. That bad.

Not helped, as I recall, by the fact he'd been on an all-night bender after the first gig, and was obviously still wasted come showtime. 

47 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

Yeah, that's my hope too. I saw them at Earl's Court in 1995 and he sounded amazing, at Knebworth a year later he basically pretended to be John Lennon (certainly on the first night anyway). Contrast that with the second night at Wembley in 2000, which was one of the worst live vocal performances I've heard from any act. Up there with matey from Angels and Airwaves. That bad.

I've always thought that Liam bottled it in later years when the focus was on his voice. Like the MTV Unplugged show when he had "laryngitis" but was then spotted heckling Noel from the box, while smoking and drinking. I hope the voice is still in there, would be great if he surprised us all.

They have thought they were the Beatles 2nd coming for years though.

Mate went to see AVA at Leeds year back and to say he was disappointed was an understatement, I did tell him where they are shit.

When Beady Eye played, I was stood near a Liam Gallagher lookalike, dodgy haircut, round specs, simian stroll and everything. He earned bonus knob 'ed points when they played an Oasis song by screaming "YES!", downing his pint and lashing the not quite empty cup before singing every word, badly, arms akimbo.

At least he enjoyed it.