Liam Gallagher

plaskins

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

As far as I’m concerned, whether this album’s a success or not, some c*** has to counteract the bulls***,’ he says. ‘And I’m that f***ing man. Whether it’s Adele or Ed Sheeran — I’m not arsed about them — but half of these bands that call themselves guitar bands, they’re in that mob too. They’re just running amok. These c***s are just getting away with murder: you can’t tell a guitar band from a pop band these days. No one’s cranking it up and having a bit of aggro. They’re all going to the same parties, they’re all f***ing hanging out, they’re all drinking from the same cup, they’re all eating at the same f***ing restaurants, and, dare I say it, they all look the same, and dress the same

The master of irony returns

34 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Actually enjoyed that. He came across pretty funny and self-aware. It says at the end his album is due in October; did we already know that?

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I missed that bit about it being in October, I would've thought it would've been sooner if he's doing festivals in the Summer.

Before I saw that I was gonna ask in here if we'd heard anything since that Amazon listing saying it was out tomorrow. Pretty poor for those festivals who've got him appearing in prime slots if it isn't gonna be out until October. He'll be subbing Reading and Leeds without an album!

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

As far as I’m concerned, whether this album’s a success or not, some c*** has to counteract the bulls***,’ he says. ‘And I’m that f***ing man. Whether it’s Adele or Ed Sheeran — I’m not arsed about them — but half of these bands that call themselves guitar bands, they’re in that mob too. They’re just running amok. These c***s are just getting away with murder: you can’t tell a guitar band from a pop band these days. No one’s cranking it up and having a bit of aggro. They’re all going to the same parties, they’re all f***ing hanging out, they’re all drinking from the same cup, they’re all eating at the same f***ing restaurants, and, dare I say it, they all look the same, and dress the same

Tbh he's not majorly far off, guitar acts bar the odd one have basically been trying to be something they are not or living of the one single that got hype from the only album that got hype. We question why Reading Fest is dead now....the answer is quite simple. 

45 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Before I saw that I was gonna ask in here if we'd heard anything since that Amazon listing saying it was out tomorrow. Pretty poor for those festivals who've got him appearing in prime slots if it isn't gonna be out until October. He'll be subbing Reading and Leeds without an album!

Thing is those seeing him would rather he do a load of Oasis numbers anyway I imagine! His set will likely include a soon to be released single, 2-3 other unheard album tracks, a couple of Oasis rarities then a load of the hits. Which would likely go down a storm at Reading/Leeds and likely to be better received by that crowd than Noel playing 75% of his own solo stuff with a few Oasis biggies tagged on.

When BE toured the first album they played no Oasis stuff, by the second one they were doing a mixed set. Liam knows what the crowds want and he'd do a good set these days of Oasis numbers and shoehorn his solo stuff in for promotion.

On a small stage (JP) to a crowd that had make the effort to go see him, he'd go down a storm.

Just seen he said he's gonna play D'You Know What I Mean?, Be Here Now, Rockin' Chair, Rock 'N' Roll Star, Slide Away and Morning Glory. Be surprised if he doesn't do Columbia and Cigarettes & Alcohol as well.

3 hours ago, Alan_C said:

Just seen he said he's gonna play D'You Know What I Mean?, Be Here Now, Rockin' Chair, Rock 'N' Roll Star, Slide Away and Morning Glory. Be surprised if he doesn't do Columbia and Cigarettes & Alcohol as well.

Surely he'll wack Wonderwall in there purely for singalong.