Liam Gallagher

plaskins

3 minutes ago, Iron14 said:

Don't understand how LG can be exclusive at Leeds and Reading and still do Glasto. Although, Melvin Benn is a tool. 

Happens constantly, either due to bands being booked later on for Glastonbury and so the exclusive becoming invalid, or festivals using Glastonburys late lineup announcement to their advantage. Barely any of R/Ls exclusives this year have stayed exclusives.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Happens constantly, either due to bands being booked later on for Glastonbury and so the exclusive becoming invalid, or festivals using Glastonburys late lineup announcement to their advantage. Barely any of R/Ls exclusives this year have stayed exclusives.

Yeah granted happens all the time. Just seems daft. Surely Benn pays them more on the 'exclusivity' premise. Hadn't realised about Major Lazer. Seems likely for LG then. Could be the big secret - would much rather that than Gaga

4 minutes ago, Iron14 said:

Yeah granted happens all the time. Just seems daft. Surely Benn pays them more on the 'exclusivity' premise. Hadn't realised about Major Lazer. Seems likely for LG then. Could be the big secret - would much rather that than Gaga

TBH, is Liam a really big secret nowadays?

4 minutes ago, Iron14 said:

Benn has dealings in Glastonbury so it can benefit him salea wise in the long run.

8 minutes ago, plaskins said:

Where on amazon does it say this? Do you have a link please? :)

Yeah can't find it myself, and somehow can't see the album coming out that soon. Surely we'd have a single by now or something? I mean, is Liam Gallagher really loved enough to drop an album out of nowhere with no promotion and for it to do really well?

20 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah can't find it myself, and somehow can't see the album coming out that soon. Surely we'd have a single by now or something? I mean, is Liam Gallagher really loved enough to drop an album out of nowhere with no promotion and for it to do really well?

Yes. 

On 2017-5-17 at 9:37 PM, Badlands said:

Releasing an album without anyone having a chance to listen to anything from it may well be his safest bet.

Apparently Chris Moyles has heard two tracks and given it a decent appraisal. Take from it what you want:

Think it's mad that there is no official news given his first festival gig is about two weeks away. Anyway, quote from another forum (for those who may be interested):

- Chris, Dominic and Pippa were sat down in a sound proofed room yesterday, two people from the a record company came along, plugged their phone in to the speakers and played two songs from Liam's new album.

- Wouldn't trust them with a copy, being very secretive about it all

- He says "if the song they played them was going to be the first single, and I'm a big Oasis fan - it's really really good, really good" Co-host adds that it is "brilliant and instant, you'll love it straight away"

- Both tracks different sounding to each other, he couldn't decide which he preferred, loved them both.

- He says "His voice on it is brilliant, the sound is brilliant, the production is brilliant, it's brilliant"

- He says he's guessing there are Oasis fans that are nervous about hearing it because they think it might not be that good but he says he can reassure everyone and say its brilliant

- He was nervous about hearing it yesterday because he said he's not one of them people who loves something straight away, songs usually take time to grow on him but it started and he instantly thought "this is good"

- He said his vocal is "clean, clear and crisp, sounds great, he still sounds like Liam" .. Co-host adds that "his voice sounds better" .. Moyles then adds it's not that whiny Liam and the Liam that doesn't finish sentences - goes on to do an impression of him cutting off words singing Cigs & Alcohol.

- He is going to try and get Liam to do an interview with him in Liam's local pub.

He's loved enough and hated enough. More mar, less mite?

I don't think he'll drop the album out of nowhere, but it looks to be getting to that point soon. Unless he's just doing Oasis tunes & a couple of new ones for the festivals, then album release later. Maybe he'll release full album on Noel's 50th :D

As far as I’m concerned, whether this album’s a success or not, some c*** has to counteract the bulls***,’ he says. ‘And I’m that f***ing man. Whether it’s Adele or Ed Sheeran — I’m not arsed about them — but half of these bands that call themselves guitar bands, they’re in that mob too. They’re just running amok. These c***s are just getting away with murder: you can’t tell a guitar band from a pop band these days. No one’s cranking it up and having a bit of aggro. They’re all going to the same parties, they’re all f***ing hanging out, they’re all drinking from the same cup, they’re all eating at the same f***ing restaurants, and, dare I say it, they all look the same, and dress the same