Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

2 minutes ago, dimus said:

Gibbers hasn't been officially announced as the legends slot. He may well be, but normally it's announced separately with a bit of fanfare. It's possible someone else is still to be announced or that it's him collaborating with others. It could well be Monogibb though, but we'll have to see. 

Think it's almost certainly gonna be him. Not sure why he wasn't given his own separate announcement - maybe he asked for there not to be one, or maybe it's because Barry Gibb's name alone isn't quite as impressive as Dolly, Lionel etc - but I when the full lineup is out he'll be there, fourth down the Pyramid on the Sunday (with Chic probably on after him, so we kind of get a 2 for 1 disco deal).

Edited by FloorFiller

4 hours ago, EamerRed said:

They've not even made it onto the pyramid stage yet. I suspect he is taking it in jest. I wouldn't be surprised to see them subbing Reading and Leeds soon though, they always pull a huge crowd at Leeds every time they perform. 

2 hours ago, EamerRed said:

Emirates Old Trafford - the cricket ground, not the football stadium!

Okay, should have checked but I didn't realise, cheers, ha! 

1 hour ago, evannn said:

JEW = Jimmy Eat World btw

This one I was joking about. I saw them in 2011 but they didn't live up to my 14 year old-self dream, bit of a let down

14 hours ago, reflekting said:

They've not even made it onto the pyramid stage yet. I suspect he is taking it in jest. I wouldn't be surprised to see them subbing Reading and Leeds soon though, they always pull a huge crowd at Leeds every time they perform. 

what sort of crowds do they get at Glastonbury? 

I've only ever seen them live once and that was when they were supporting The Stone Roses last year, really boring indie by numbers but the crowd was going mental.

Fair play to bands like these, Blossoms and 1975 making it big with very little musical talent to back it up

Just now, she bangs the drums said:

I've only ever seen them live once and that was when they were supporting The Stone Roses last year, really boring indie by numbers but the crowd was going mental.

Fair play to bands like these, Blossoms and 1975 making it big with very little musical talent to back it up

hey

don't group the 1975 in with those lot. There's an enormous gap between The 1975 and the uncharismatic pointless blank that is Blossoms.

48 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Anyone any ideas when we see the installation on top of the pyramid ? would like to have an up to date version added to my hat .. but not sure if it will be too close to the festival to do ? my guess would be a week or so before ? anyone be more accurate ?

I think it's a few days before. They also had the Bowie Flash partially covered if I remember correctly so you couldn't see exactly what it looked like.

55 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

hey

don't group the 1975 in with those lot. There's an enormous gap between The 1975 and the uncharismatic pointless blank that is Blossoms.

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

As a resident of Stockport, I'm obliged to object to this statement in order to receive council services.

I grew up in Cheadle Hulme which is between Wilmslow and Stockport town centre so I dunno who to oblige. On the one hand I hate the obnoxious 'home of Blossoms' signs on the way into Stockport, on the other hand I hate the obnoxious tit of a frontman The 1975 have.

That said I've moved to the town centre recently so I can dismiss them both without worry.

14 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I grew up in Cheadle Hulme which is between Wilmslow and Stockport town centre so I dunno who to oblige. On the one hand I hate the obnoxious 'home of Blossoms' signs on the way into Stockport, on the other hand I hate the obnoxious tit of a frontman The 1975 have.

That said I've moved to the town centre recently so I can dismiss them both without worry.

That's definitely Stockport.  Come on, defend your local derivative synth indie bands! 

We heard the 1975 a couple of years back at William's Green. It seemed fine as background music while we were munching our way through our roaming rotisserie. Can't remember who they clashed with last year, but we didn't see them. Watched a bit of their set on iPlayer, and although the crowd seemed to be enjoying it, I thought they were shite. Front man seems like a right trumpet.

I liked the frontman of the 1975 for being absolutely wasted during their performance at the Brit Awards two years ago.

I suspect a lot of the people who were complaining about that, were the same ones complaining that this year's Brit Awards was really boring and uneventful.

Find their music a bit hit and miss, but they are definitely better than blossoms.

14 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

We heard the 1975 a couple of years back at William's Green. It seemed fine as background music while we were munching our way through our roaming rotisserie. Can't remember who they clashed with last year, but we didn't see them. Watched a bit of their set on iPlayer, and although the crowd seemed to be enjoying it, I thought they were shite. Front man seems like a right trumpet.

Rotisserie!! Christ that chicken, potatoes and chilli sauce was a dream last year.

1975....... yeah, not so good

2 hours ago, she bangs the drums said:

Saw The Courteeners in the JPT not long after their first album came out.  I was there with my son, honest. Yes, it was rammed and the crowd went mental in the way i would imagine crowds at early Arctic Monkeys gigs would have done.  At that point in time I was convinced they were going to be the Next Big Thing.  So what do I know.

(Bloody hell - just checked - it was 2008. Where did all the time go?)

Edited by BluePaul