Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

13 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

so this time next week we could be looking at the final main poster, I'd like to think they'll put all the stages breakdowns on that minus the times obviously.

4 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Has somebody said this somewhere?

Aye where the hell have you got this from!? Don't see us getting it that soon after the first poster drop - end of the month at least surely.

16 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Has somebody said this somewhere?

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Aye where the hell have you got this from!? Don't see us getting it that soon after the first poster drop - end of the month at least surely.

I'm taking Emily's comment literally, I did only say could.

5 hours ago, mungo57 said:

I'm not sure when there will be another announcement but looks like from my source on twitter that Ed Sheeran has announced another new record :P

I am aware that I will get hideously flamed but I just don't care this is tooooooo good

17757348_1400597569999161_6435770526351084513_n.png

I used to like him. Sick to fucking death of him now.... I switch his songs off when they come on the radio. He has gone so cheesey he's turned blue. 

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

so this time next week we could be looking at the final main poster, I'd like to think they'll put all the stages breakdowns on that minus the times obviously.

And I could be booking myself into Camp Kerala after winning the Euromillions. 

The next announcement will be the resale, probably tomorrow. I guess the question is will they announce any further acts at the same time.

Maybe they make a decision based on how many people don't pay the balance and if they feel they need a booster but that's not something they normally do.

#ThereIsNoPattern etc.

I doubt there'll be any further announcements until late April.

I hope they do a stage splits poster before the timings. They haven't done that since 2014 but it feels quite likely given the quantity of bands supposedly being booked. That could easily come later this month followed by the complete breakdown late May.

1 minute ago, Franky said:

19 Hours since the last post in this thread ?? Like WTF !

Are we just content with no info now ? Where is our desire for Glastonbury intelligence gone ?

I think it's because we know there is no imminent announcement. I'd say let it go to the back of your mind until at least May

Just now, Matt42 said:

I think it's because we know there is no imminent announcement. I'd say let it go to the back of your mind until at least May

Thats quitting talk ! Fuck that I say, we should sit and wish for the impossible to happen until it does ! (Maybe in May)

5 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

pretty sure Emily said there would be something in a couple of weeks - from the start of April. Normally a couple is 2/3 weeks, but never 4. Def think there's something coming either the end of this week or start of next week. Legend, some more names maybe...

Hope you are right mate, I did suggest this coming week but think we may be optimistic although that depends how many have gone back in the pot maybe. Either way they know it'll sell easily, biggest lineup of the year although I'd swap a few out for a couple of names at other places.

49 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Hope you are right mate, I did suggest this coming week but think we may be optimistic although that depends how many have gone back in the pot maybe. Either way they know it'll sell easily, biggest lineup of the year although I'd swap a few out for a couple of names at other places.

You and me both. I like to think that EE is more consistent when she says something is happening or not than Michael and yeh, the festival is going to sell out for the foreseeable future without a doubt. There's already a queue of a million registered million people plus waiting for the resale. If you could tho, who would you swap out/add, out of curiosity?

38 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

You and me both. I like to think that EE is more consistent when she says something is happening or not than Michael and yeh, the festival is going to sell out for the foreseeable future without a doubt. There's already a queue of a million registered million people plus waiting for the resale. If you could tho, who would you swap out/add, out of curiosity?

I'd add Pendulum, JEW and SOAD and to replace is difficult as there is loads I'm not a fan of. SOAD at Download is a pain but I'm not in favour of the cost for the day. I'm going to wait until after and the inevitable one UK date.

9 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I'd add Pendulum, JEW and SOAD and to replace is difficult as there is loads I'm not a fan of. SOAD at Download is a pain but I'm not in favour of the cost for the day. I'm going to wait until after and the inevitable one UK date.

I'd love Pendulum, but this... www.jewsbrothers.com? 

13 hours ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

pretty sure Emily said there would be something in a couple of weeks - from the start of April. Normally a couple is 2/3 weeks, but never 4. Def think there's something coming either the end of this week or start of next week. Legend, some more names maybe...

Barry Gibb is the legend.

40 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Barry Gibb is the legend.

Gibbers hasn't been officially announced as the legends slot. He may well be, but normally it's announced separately with a bit of fanfare. It's possible someone else is still to be announced or that it's him collaborating with others. It could well be Monogibb though, but we'll have to see.