Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

31 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Kaiser Chiefs? George Ezra?  you'll be fine...

Fuck ricky wilson up the ass with a flag pole! they are meh! George Ezra isnt awful.

From that whole first poster I can honestly say im only excited about Courteeners, Circa Waves, Alt-J and Foo Fighters. And them last 2 will clash. 

Good job the music is only 50% of the reason I go to festivals :) the other 50% is to have a mad one with friends and make new friends :)

20 minutes ago, StePotts said:

well they sell out massive gigs here in Manc, doubt they'd do that anywhere else. I could take them or leave them really.

Massive in Scotland as well. There is definitely a north sound divide in musical tastes.

Oh then theres the midlands.... where somehow Sleaford Mods exist... :D fuck me they are dire. 

2 minutes ago, Havors said:

Fuck ricky wilson up the ass with a flag pole! they are meh! George Ezra isnt awful.

From that whole first poster I can honestly say im only excited about Courteeners, Circa Waves, Alt-J and Foo Fighters. And them last 2 will clash. 

Good job the music is only 50% of the reason I go to festivals :) the other 50% is to have a mad one with friends and make new friends :)

I love how different people are the bands you want to see I would avoid like the plague , but I am with you on music only being part of the festival experience meeting randomers at 6 am in the stone circkle and talking bollocks is great fun

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I really really like elbow. But you can't bemoan melancholy then big them up surely. 

I was just scratching my head thinking exactly the same thing. I would put them in exactly the same bracket as the XX, National and Radiohead.

1 hour ago, Havors said:

Courteeners are brilliant. Some excellent sing a long songs which is just what you need at a festival. 90% of the lineup released do far seems the opposite of this. Half the acts I've heard people raving about on here just seem so niche. Some of them ive listened to and thought fuck me how are people not self harming listening to this depressing drizzle. :D

Horses for courses though, its good to have a large vareity on... the variety just seems to all be leaning a bit to melancholy and grime this year unfortunately.

Holding out hope for some good sing a long or lively acts like... Imagine Dragons, Empire of the Sun, Elbow, Clean Cut Kid, Stereophonics, Jamiroquai, Temper Trap etc etc 

Lively? Elbow?

21 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

As a resident of Stockport, I'm obliged to object to this statement in order to receive council services.

I said the Arctic Monkeys were "ok I guess" and they've stopped collecting my bins now

4 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

So you're saying elbow aren't melancholy post- leaders.....

In comparison to pre-Leaders, yes, I think that's my take. 

I have to confess to having transitioned from great admirer to mostly uninterested when they seemed to run out of bile and bite. Still the occasional cracker, but anything I ever heard from BARB! just felt so wet and wishy washy. Ribcage or Switching Off it ain't!

Ben

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

In comparison to pre-Leaders, yes, I think that's my take. 

I have to confess to having transitioned from great admirer to mostly uninterested when they seemed to run out of bile and bite. Still the occasional cracker, but anything I ever heard from BARB! just felt so wet and wishy washy. Ribcage or Switching Off it ain't!

Ben

What did you think to Guy's solo stuff? Angela's Eyes had a bit of something to it I thought. I actually quite liked TTOALOE as well thinking about it, Fly Blue Blue / Lunette is the best thing Elbow have done in many years. No one verse has summed up smoking as well as that for me (although I doubt many people have tried), the whole songs full of lines that make me smile and there's decent enough music to back it up. For me anyway.

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

While we're on Elbow. Guy Garvey cropped up on Peter Kay's Carshare this week.

He was alright.

Considering I only really watch that program to see if they ever drive past my house/places I know that was a pleasant surprise.

39 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Alex Turner is your binman?

37 minutes ago, Brownie30 said:

He looks as though he finds his attire by rooting through bins so I suppose this would make sense.

He appears to use left over dripping from behind the local chippy to slick back his hair, too.

1 minute ago, mr gumby said:

Back on topic for a mo, is there any chance we might get anything this week? A nice stage split poster would be a welcome treat for Easter weekend! :)

I don't think we'll have anything until after the resale tbh ...maybe couple of extra main stage names then start dropping the smaller stage posters from early May

2 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Back on topic for a mo, is there any chance we might get anything this week? A nice stage split poster would be a welcome treat for Easter weekend! :)

They will be all shut down for the bank holidays by now I'd have thought

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I really really like elbow. But you can't bemoan melancholy then big them up surely. 

Noooo Elbow's music is definitely not melancholy... especially their last few albums.....

melancholy
ˈmɛlənkəli/
noun
  1. 1.
    a feeling of pensive sadness, typically with no obvious cause.
    "an air of melancholy surrounded him"
    synonyms: desolation, sadness, pensiveness, woe, sorrow, melancholia; More

Elbow's music defintely not this... if you listen to their lyrics their songs of mostly very uplifting awe inspiring. Im biased though as they are one of, if not actually, my favourite band haha! 

6 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

I don't think we'll have anything until after the resale tbh ...maybe couple of extra main stage names then start dropping the smaller stage posters from early May

5 minutes ago, Smeble said:

They will be all shut down for the bank holidays by now I'd have thought

Boo, hiss I say! Off for a training session for oxfam on Saturday, involving a 3 hr train journey each way. A few more names to look up would be really handy. (Please Emily, if you're reading this!)