Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

On 4/12/2017 at 9:17 PM, dentalplan said:

No he complained that people belittled their (and others') fanbase because they're largely northern.

He did Dental I seen it, he was like "these fookin southern crowds don't have any idea how to go mad fer it and they've got weird names for barmcakes"

On 12/04/2017 at 9:11 PM, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Wasn't the lead singer of the Courteeners complaining about the crowds down South compared to UP north? They seem to split peoples opinions on here too but what's the deal. How can a band be So popular within one half of the country but not the other?! Are a band like Rudimental shunned up North? Fascinating local love or us and them bullshit segregation? 

Tbf Southern crowds are shite. Seen the Courteeners in Manchester and in London. I mean I'm a massive fan of them and people in London were both appalled and in awe of some of their merch I was wearing mainly the 'Can you play guitar? Can you fuck.' T shirt. Just don't think many people get them tbh. And I'd hate for them to headline Glasto too generic a crowd.

On 13/04/2017 at 1:16 PM, Havors said:

These are one of the very very few bands/acts I would like to catch. Never heard of them, but quite like them after a little spotifying. 

To be fair I don't know a whole lot of their stuff - but from what i've seen on Youtube they look excellent live. 

19 hours ago, jamestudor97 said:

Tbf Southern crowds are shite. Seen the Courteeners in Manchester and in London. I mean I'm a massive fan of them and people in London were both appalled and in awe of some of their merch I was wearing mainly the 'Can you play guitar? Can you fuck.' T shirt. Just don't think many people get them tbh. And I'd hate for them to headline Glasto too generic a crowd.

again, I think it's where you go and tastes. I'm not sure a lot of my mates like the likes of the Courteeners or Oasis, but love New Order and the Smiths

people in London were both appalled and in awe of some of their merch I was wearing mainly the 'Can you play guitar? Can you fuck.' T shirt.

Don't just stop there - this merits further investigation.

What other merch were you wearing? A Courteeners Hat?  Courteeners Trousers?  A commemorative Courteeners medallion?

And how did these appalled and awestruck reactions arise?  Did somrone tap you on the shoulder and say "I'm in awe of your Courteeners sweatband set".

What an odd comment..... and i'm from Manchester

I've been to some cracking gigs in the south.