Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

1 hour ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Needless to say is I would lose my shit if this happened....and then anxiously await another mosh thread from my apparent twin mr pingu!

Do you talk to yourself in the mirror? Ye know like with a hairbrush interviewing yourself about mosh pits and Antarctic residents

2 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Do you talk to yourself in the mirror? Ye know like with a hairbrush interviewing yourself about mosh pits and Antarctic residents

Please wear a tin foil hat to the efests meet so I know who you are! Im going to wear a penguin mask just to screw with people, aw I tell you what? bless your cottons you believe what you like, its something to entertain before we get more lineup news at least :P

8 hours ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Please wear a tin foil hat to the efests meet so I know who you are! Im going to wear a penguin mask just to screw with people, aw I tell you what? bless your cottons you believe what you like, its something to entertain before we get more lineup news at least :P

hqdefault.jpg

Reckon on April 17th they'll announce the Gibbo/Nilo collaboration as the Sunday disco slot, as well as a couple of other names here and there thru the NME or whatever, then two weeks later the real fun will begin with the Stage announcements every week, starting with... the Common. Only 4 weeks to go people! 

Edited by simian_mobile_mushrooms

The whole thing of having stage announcements every week... if they start in May, surely that's not enough time? Unless they don't announce Pyramid/Other/WH/JP/Park on their own and they get another big poster?

46 minutes ago, JoBalls said:

The whole thing of having stage announcements every week... if they start in May, surely that's not enough time? Unless they don't announce Pyramid/Other/WH/JP/Park on their own and they get another big poster?

if they start in early May and do 1 a week like Emily says, then they'll run out of time as the full lineup will (presumably) be out in early June, so I'd imagine what she said isn't correct, and it'll be more than 1 per week (and quite possibly start before May if last year is anything to go on).

they don't announce those 5 big ones on their own though. they're generally just included on the 2nd poster with main stage/area splits.

last year, as per The Thingy, there were 11 separate area announcements, from Kidz Fields and Theatre/Circus, to Silver Hayes and individual SE Corner areas.

1 hour ago, JoBalls said:

They won't announce them on their own, it's more said loosely where Circus etc will get thir own one.....stuff that people will take much longer to get to down the lineup.

35 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

if they start in early May and do 1 a week like Emily says, then they'll run out of time as the full lineup will (presumably) be out in early June, so I'd imagine what she said isn't correct, and it'll be more than 1 per week (and quite possibly start before May if last year is anything to go on).

they don't announce those 5 big ones on their own though. they're generally just included on the 2nd poster with main stage/area splits.

last year, as per The Thingy, there were 11 separate area announcements, from Kidz Fields and Theatre/Circus, to Silver Hayes and individual SE Corner areas.

I think she meant 1 "announcement" per week, not 1 band per week. i.e. on a monday she announces a group of stage splits.

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I've not properly read up on her comments but has she given any indication on when these further acts are going to be announced in the week or are they just gonna pop up from nowhere?

Hard to tell as she sort of contradicts herself within 2 paragraphs. 

IMG_-2mk4sf.jpg.82675517b6c0f4464676a8d86aae7188.jpg

All stages in the next couple of weeks then one area a week from early May.

So does she mean the big poster in the next couple of weeks followed by the smaller areas after that?

yes, I think that's what she means. they have referred to the 2nd poster with the main stage day splits as the "full lineup" in the past, when it clearly isn't. (eg. 2014: http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/full-2014-line-up-revealed/ ). so "all stages" probably means the same - all the big ones.

as for the smaller areas, they'll probably have 2 a week, going on last year. there's too many otherwise.

I'm expecting the 2nd poster before the end of April, then the usual smaller areas every few days throughout May. maybe a few in April too (Kids Field and The Common seem to have their shit together early the last few years).

I expect the second poster by the end of April too. A little extra clue on that: Amber Arcades were interviewed on 6music yesterday, she said she's doing a festival in June that she can't announce yet, but she thinks that'll be announced by the end of the month.

Edited by Bradders

Have a feeling there is going to be an announcement of a big name tomorrow. Maybe something to do with that legend collaboration that was being discussed the other day (if thats still a thing).

I don't think they are going to let the ticket balance window close without something near the end of it.

4 hours ago, mjsell said:

I don't think they are going to let the ticket balance window close without something near the end of it.

I think that's a good call, and Thursday's the day to do it.

Regards the drip feed of announcements, I definitely think that will continue. Each area gets their own 15 minutes in the spotlight with their own poster. But maybe there'll be a stage split poster for the main stages before the ultimate full stage/times details, probably coming late May/early June.