Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

39 minutes ago, rzwodezwo said:

yeah, really wish the Chipmunks would headline Park Stage :D 

Haha, I'm fairness, I was into Tinie back then, Delphic, Example and Amand Van Helden. Woke up out my tent one Glastonbury and Chipmunk was the 2nd act on after Viva Brother or the other way round, he wasn't the worst to be honest......they were mind!

I do like it when they release the stages individually, gives each the attention it deserves but that's going to be a boring April if it isn't happening until early May! Loved the initial announcement but don't want to get ahead of myself in terms of clashes.

"“When I say there’s double the amount of bands than usual, it’s because we’re not having a festival next year, so we’re trying to get as many bands in as we can."

unless they're doubling the amount of stages, or getting rid of shitloads of DJs, I can't see how this is anything other than bollocks?

3 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

"“When I say there’s double the amount of bands than usual, it’s because we’re not having a festival next year, so we’re trying to get as many bands in as we can."

unless they're doubling the amount of stages, or getting rid of shitloads of DJs, I can't see how this is anything other than bollocks?

Its the second time Emily or Michael has said this, I thought the first is traditional Eavvi misspoke but now its been said again I am at a loss. 

1 hour ago, Jakkkkobz said:

Its the second time Emily or Michael has said this, I thought the first is traditional Eavvi misspoke but now its been said again I am at a loss. 

Tbf it sounds like she was being asked about having said it earlier rather than reinforcing it. I dunno either, I suppose it could mean not literally double but a few more acts on each stage and some reduced set times? Or maybe they just had a different approach to booking and she and Nick personally booked more than they usually do? Fuck knows really.

19 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

More on the wed/thurs maybe? I'm also at a loss tho how it would work

6 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:
“The line-ups are going to be with you for all stages, so we’ll be doing that in the next couple of weeks. There are some big names still to come."

Did anyone else read that as another announcement in two weeks?

It sounds like the main extra what we get end of May nowadays with the times is going to come but just in layout format within the next two weeks with no times, then from May there will be the mains one's or possibly the smaller one's like Theatre that they do in the stage announcements.

Obviously that whole stage list then extended list that was done 3/4 years ago isn't done now but this is what I read.

I also think without reading too much into it that there is a chance still for Gaga to come but when she says still some big names to come I don't think there is anymore than a couple realistically.

13 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:
“The line-ups are going to be with you for all stages, so we’ll be doing that in the next couple of weeks. There are some big names still to come."

Yes but then she says early May. Maybe we have different understandings of what a couple means.

2 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

More on the wed/thurs maybe? I'm also at a loss tho how it would work

I have a slight feeling possibly that they are getting acts to agree to play lower down and bigger acts in...kind of Werchter style because they can't play next year and some may have got the same idea of does this have a future. 2011 was a very strong year tbf before fallow too. 

In a way, if an act provided darkness isn't an issue etc plays an hour set lower than they'd normally play an hour set they might be able to get round it.

11 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

I did til she later said each area would be releasing their own line ups.

Think Emily is just saying they'll be creating the master list in a couple of weeks. Only the first drop exists  at this time. 

Sounds like some of us on the "acts missing" thread could have a few things to look forward to.

On reflection the opening poster is quite strong and there's lots on there I'd like to see although just 3-4 I would absolutely want to see (Phoenix, Little Dragon, Sasha & John Digweed, The XX)

Hoping they've held back some biggies.

1 minute ago, sisco said:

I'm reading that as more added to Pyramid, Other, West Holts etc... over the next 2 weeks.  

Then from May the likes of Arcadia, Avalon, The  Glade, The Common announced 1 by 1.

Full times start of June.

I'd say this yes.

Just now, Slavivlad said:

Yes but then she says early May. Maybe we have different understandings of what a couple means.

Think it's the above, they'll never give Pyramid etc their own announcement as it's the Avalon etc, Theatre that need the exposure, the main stages don't massively need it and early May isn't unusual for that anyway. Times end of May/June for everything already announced I think.

2 minutes ago, magliad said:

Sounds like some of us on the "acts missing" thread could have a few things to look forward to.

On reflection the opening poster is quite strong and there's lots on there I'd like to see although just 3-4 I would absolutely want to see (Phoenix, Little Dragon, Sasha & John Digweed, The XX)

Hoping they've held back some biggies.

They held Tame Impala back last year and they can make it as strong as they want as long as acts agree to play for the fee.

I want Gaga, Ashcroft and I'm not sure who else I'd massively be bothered about big wise. Liam will come, The Coral will come but won't feature high, Feeder would be a decent bonus too.

21 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I have a slight feeling possibly that they are getting acts to agree to play lower down and bigger acts in...kind of Werchter style because they can't play next year and some may have got the same idea of does this have a future. 2011 was a very strong year tbf before fallow too. 

In a way, if an act provided darkness isn't an issue etc plays an hour set lower than they'd normally play an hour set they might be able to get round it.

that would still be the same amount of acts, not twice as many bands like she said.

16 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

They held Tame Impala back last year and they can make it as strong as they want as long as acts agree to play for the fee.

I want Gaga, Ashcroft and I'm not sure who else I'd massively be bothered about big wise. Liam will come, The Coral will come but won't feature high, Feeder would be a decent bonus too.

Tame Impala said that they were only booked a few weeks before being announced. they weren't held back from the initial poster as they weren't booked then by the sounds of it.

27 minutes ago, Slavivlad said:

some people use "a couple" to mean "a few".

she also says 1 a week from early May, which would mean only 4/5 before the full lineup with times, which is unlikely, as there's more than 5 that will individually announce (11 last year).

basically I wouldn't put much stock in anything she has said there, other than knowing we'll be getting individual area announcements throughout May, same as last year.

Edited by ghostdancer1