Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

3 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

I'm excited for Courteeners!

I am excited for others as well tho!

I AM JUST VERY EXCITED :danced::yahoo:

I'm glad I'm not the only one on this site who likes Courteeners.

One of the bands Id most like to see. Last time I saw them they played 2 and a half songs before Liam got hit with a bottle :( Hoping for better luck at Glasto

4 minutes ago, across97 said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one on this site who likes Courteeners.

One of the bands Id most like to see. Last time I saw them they played 2 and a half songs before Liam got hit with a bottle :( Hoping for better luck at Glasto

They will be brilliant! They always are :D Not everyone can like the same things but its nice to find someone who does!! :)

Definitely better luck for you this time!! I just know it will be fantastic!!!! :yahoo:

well the GF's dad popped into my work randomly, I showed him the lineup and he said and I quote 'thats a bit fucking shit isn't it?'

so yeah..... looks like I must now convince my other half to coach or train it with me...... or hope to fuck she passes her driving test before the fest...... or pay her dad to give us a lift! 

2 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

They will be brilliant! They always are :D Not everyone can like the same things but its nice to find someone who does!! :)

Definitely better luck for you this time!! I just know it will be fantastic!!!! :yahoo:

Seen them 3 times, once when they called off the show, the other 2 Liam lost his temper with people throwing flares. But I'm looking forward to it for sure. Bit of sun and a couple of beers and you can't go wrong

2 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

well the GF's dad popped into my work randomly, I showed him the lineup and he said and I quote 'thats a bit fucking shit isn't it?'

so yeah..... looks like I must now convince my other half to coach or train it with me...... or hope to fuck she passes her driving test before the fest...... or pay her dad to give us a lift! 

Go without her perhaps?

1 minute ago, across97 said:

Seen them 3 times, once when they called off the show, the other 2 Liam lost his temper with people throwing flares. But I'm looking forward to it for sure. Bit of sun and a couple of beers and you can't go wrong

I've never seen Liam lose it so I've been lucky all the times I've seen them! Are you going Old Trafford in May?

But yer right, the sun will be out the beers will be flowing and it will be brilliant! :D:D see yer down the front :)

2 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Go without her perhaps?

I'm seriously considering a solo mission mate ticket pending. Need to sort my health out first though but thats slowly but surely on the up - I am hopeful.

I know whats going to happen now - I get a ticket then the day after my NHS letter arrives telling me my op is the Monday after Glasto :P

Edited by mungo57

Just now, Tartan_Glasto said:

Good man, would hate to see you miss out due to other people not fancying it. All the luck to you!

thanks. The only reason my other half doesn't fancy it is because she is a pussified weakling who objects to lifting/carrying anything more than a few metres.

I am currently battling a hernia amongst other things which means I shouldn't be lifting anything TOO heavy - but the prospect of 3 years between Glastos is not one I want to consider at this time...... so I would battle the pain and walk if I could get a ticket :P

2 minutes ago, justperfect said:

Didn't know where to put this and it really doesn't merit its own thread so I'll ask it here ....What would an artist/band concider the more prestigious slot on the bill , headlining the other or pryamid sub ?

I'd personally say Pyramid sub but from an artists view I guess headliner is headliner

9 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

Why does what your GF's dad thinks of the lineup have any bearing on how you get to the festival? Or if she goes (not sure if that's what you meant)

If I showed the lineup to my GF's dad he'd only recognise the Jacksons and Chic I would imagine

Edited by mjsell

1 minute ago, mjsell said:

Why does what your GF's dad thinks of the lineup have any bearing on how you get to the festival? Or if she goes (not sure if that's what you meant)

If I showed the lineup to my GF's dad he'd only recognise the Jacksons and Chic I would imagine

you probably haven't seen my posts in this thread from earlier, my bad, I assume too much :P

basically - he is 61 and has several medical complaints at the minute that have randomly all flared up at once. He would only want to go if either a) the lineup is awesome or b ) he could avoid carrying items into the festival - he has a campervan type thing he's used in the past. b ) is not on really as camper is all sold out and the likelihood of getting 1 in the resale is pretty slim and a) isn't happening as he hasn't heard of anyone on the lineup meaning he won't want to go...... which leaves me in a quandry as my other half enjoys being spoon fed and is rather pussified when it comes to Glasto..... she won't carry things and just stands there normally whilst me and her dad set the tents up and lug them. She won't come if her dad doesn't come and drive her basically as the coach and train involve extra 'hassle' and 'lugging stuff' which to me is basically garbage - its either you want to go or you don't. I do so I accept it :P I am the only real Glasto nut in my group..... her and her dad love the place but they just use it as an excuse to get smashed and dance about for the weekend..... the 'glasto spirit' is dead to them.

Health permitting I will be thinking of doing a solo mission

5 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Probably because his girlfriend's Dad was supposed to be driving the group of them down and neither him or his gf have a licence?

10 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

I've never seen Liam lose it so I've been lucky all the times I've seen them! Are you going Old Trafford in May?

But yer right, the sun will be out the beers will be flowing and it will be brilliant! :D:D see yer down the front :)

I'm not, I've never been one to travel for gigs. Living so close to London I've never really needed to. They'll come down here eventually :p.

I'll be somewhere down the front for sure. Hope the excitement levels keep up to and beyond the festival :P 

I start work at 8am, and as expected, it's been crazy busy today, so I've been glancing at the poster as and when I can.  All in all I'm really happy with the first list of names.  I haven't been since 2010 and I'm going with 5 people who haven't been before, all with varying music tastes, so this initial list of names ticks a lot of boxes for a lot of poeple.

Personally, I'd love to see RTJ in the Friday hip-hop slot over Stormzy, who whether you like him or not, probably warrants a higher spot on the bill (Other sub?).  A Sunday afternoon run of Gibb-Chic-Perry on the Pyramid would be a great end to the proceedings, then hopefully a decent headliner on the Other opposite Ed would be the cherry on top.  Better bring more party supplies I think!

1 hour ago, geoffboycott said:

Me too, my fear is they'll be on Thurs night, which is usually a bit of a roadblock anyway, but with both Sasha & Diggers it would be on another level again I suspect.

Very excited about this, last time I saw them DJ together was at Homelands, obv their finest moment being Renaissance Mix Collection 1 :)

I'm hoping for Friday night.

4 minutes ago, SERRIDGER said:

Decided to have a break this year and I've made the right choice . Appreciate it's very much about taste but for me it's an appalling line up . Hope those who like the line up have a great time 

I feel your pain sir (or madam?), I didn't manage to get a ticket in 2013 and said very much the same thing (Rolling Stones excepted obviously).  I'm sure if I'd have had a ticket I'd have been spotifying the shit out of the lineup in great anticipation.

You are going through the five stages of no Glastonbury ticket grief, last stage is acceptance.

There's always the resale if you want to join all us other mugs having a shit time.  :)

25 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

you probably haven't seen my posts in this thread from earlier, my bad, I assume too much :P

basically - he is 61 and has several medical complaints at the minute that have randomly all flared up at once. He would only want to go if either a) the lineup is awesome or b ) he could avoid carrying items into the festival - he has a campervan type thing he's used in the past. b ) is not on really as camper is all sold out and the likelihood of getting 1 in the resale is pretty slim and a) isn't happening as he hasn't heard of anyone on the lineup meaning he won't want to go...... which leaves me in a quandry as my other half enjoys being spoon fed and is rather pussified when it comes to Glasto..... she won't carry things and just stands there normally whilst me and her dad set the tents up and lug them. She won't come if her dad doesn't come and drive her basically as the coach and train involve extra 'hassle' and 'lugging stuff' which to me is basically garbage - its either you want to go or you don't. I do so I accept it :P I am the only real Glasto nut in my group..... her and her dad love the place but they just use it as an excuse to get smashed and dance about for the weekend..... the 'glasto spirit' is dead to them.

Health permitting I will be thinking of doing a solo mission

I understand your GF Dad's concern, don't get your GFs but anyhows. Don't miss out on the festival because of other people - hope you get a ticket sorted and enjoy the Glastonbury spirit with the rest of us :)

1 hour ago, Franky said:

Mate, would you count the prodigy completely out of the question now ? Thanks

I think they're unlikely, tho if this year has been like previous years today's poster is missing roughly one headliner for the major stages (except pyramid), so not impossible, i guess.

I haven't had any time to think about what's on the poster, yet, tho - so maybe there's more stage headliners on it than normal.

This year sees him embark on another UK tour in support of his 13th solo album A Kind Of Revolution - with Paul Weller tickets for this tour available here at Gigantic

The original ‘Mod-father’ is back, and kicking off the UK leg of his tour at Glastonbury in June.