Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

6 minutes ago, Chewie said:

I'd imagine they'll play (potentially headline) the Leftfield tent

not so sure, I could see them on john peel easily, top 10 charting album as the recent one was, sold out uk tour, easily big enough to pull it off, I honestly predict they will be one of the standout sets this year, they might do a royal blood and pack the place out esp as people are familiar with frank from gallows etc, wherever they play they will own it!

3 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Who's the act all the w*nkers can get petulant and entitled about this year, then? Katy Perry?

She is shit though. Or am I not allowed to think that now she's on the line up? It's a minefield.

Edit: to clarify - it's a great line up on second read, so it's not a bother for me.

Edited by FrancisH

Reasonable for me so far but I'm not drowning in acts. But a lot more to come so I'm happy so far :D

Biffy Clyro is a surprise, but Biffy playing and Green Day not is the surprise equivalent of thinking your mums picking you up from school, only to get to the gate and find your next door neighbour there because she's had to work late. 

Edited by alexlloyd

5 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Reasonable for me so far but I'm not drowning in acts. But a lot more to come so I'm happy so far :D

Biffy Clyro is a surprise, but Biffy playing and Green Day not is the surprise equivalent of thinking your mums picking you up from school, only to get to the gate and find your next door neighbour there because she's had to work late. 

More like it's the equivalent of being picked up by your boring gran instead of your other gran who's less boring but has shit hair and an annoying voice 

Edited by Zac Quinn

5 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

She is shit though. Or am I not allowed to think that now she's on the line up? It's a minefield.

Edit: to clarify - it's a great line up on second read, so it's not a bother for me.

presumably very few people like ALL of the acts on the poster.  I'm probably more fussy that most so I only like a handful - it's the same every year.  But I can see it's a strong line up.

But surely most people like less than half of the bands on the main stages, typically?   It's probably a good thing as if you liked ALL the bands it would be a nightmare of clashes.

Just now, Zac Quinn said:

More like it's the equivalent of thinking your boring gran is picking you up only to find your other gran who's less boring but has shit hair and an annoying voice there instead 

:lol: either or I suppose!

Is it likely we have the other stage headliners and subs there? Assuming Katy Perry and The XX will headline Other but The National seem a logical sub for Radiohead? Not sure where they'll put Biffy. 

It's going to be my first glastonbury so I'm very excited! But have no idea how many of the bigger slots this announcement usually contains.

Well that was an interesting drive to work having to pull over and check the poster once the notification popped up. 15 mins later and I was still at the side of the road! 

I think that's a fantastic first announcement. More to come as well! 

Biffy Clyro, The XX, The Jacksons, Goldfrapp. Justice! 

Plenty to be happy with. They have Shaggy as well. Nostalgia kicking in. 

Katy Perry has to sub Ed Sheeran surely. Has to be on Pyramid