Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

8 minutes ago, hurdy said:

Hold fire just means pause doesn't it? As in 'stop going on, you'll get it when it's ready'? 

I think it means 'stand down - it's not the end of the month yet!' and I can't see her saying that unless she had something coming before the end of the month. 

23 minutes ago, across97 said:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/glastonbury-festival-ed-sheeran-uk-headliners-reading-and-leeds-v-fest-isle-of-wight-a7645961.html?cmpid=facebook-post

not really relevant but an interesting article on festival headliners. Not really sure what the story and purpose is. But it provoked some thoughts 

The article complains of lack of diversity in U.K. festivals, but surely an unfair accusation to lump Glastonbury into this, looking at the line ups for the 3 European festivals supposedly move diverse, I'm confident Glastonbury beats them all for diversity. 

The way they keep things secret is quite impressive especially nowadays with hacks etc also there must be plenty in the know who book other stages who don't let the cat out of the bag , must have sworn to the official glastonbury secrets act when they join , I mean how do you keep it from family and friends .

I bet they get plenty of free drinks from people trying to get them to spill the beans so fair play to them for keeping us all in suspense 

2 hours ago, cidy said:

The way they keep things secret is quite impressive especially nowadays with hacks etc also there must be plenty in the know who book other stages who don't let the cat out of the bag , must have sworn to the official glastonbury secrets act when they join , I mean how do you keep it from family and friends .

I bet they get plenty of free drinks from people trying to get them to spill the beans so fair play to them for keeping us all in suspense 

Given the amount of people involved in just the booking of some of the areas, not to mention the volume of acts who perform, it's amazing more doesn't get out.

Almost seems silly that it often takes a very preventable comment on social media or on the radio for us to get confirmations. Really wouldn't take much for us to get zilch.

Wonder how many people are party to all the acts booked so far? I'd think that is when the circle of trust starts to recede.

Congratulations @morph100

When the times comes may I suggest a babygrow with flamingos on :-)

I am sure the lineup poster will be released on Thursday or Friday because I will be finding out the outcome of my job interview on one of those days.   I'm hoping for good news on the job front first before I enjoy discovering the lineup.

Actually looking forward to the poster dropping this week (maybe), like we all are.

Can anyone remember when it came last year? It was a 9am one wasn't it? I remember the scenes when we got a post from Neil confirming what someone else has heard is true and the line up was coming. The Eavis GIF was quickly shared around

2 hours ago, across97 said:

Actually looking forward to the poster dropping this week (maybe), like we all are.

Can anyone remember when it came last year? It was a 9am one wasn't it? I remember the scenes when we got a post from Neil confirming what someone else has heard is true and the line up was coming. The Eavis GIF was quickly shared around

I hope this comes around again.  Wasn't around for announcements last year. 

A morning announcement this week would do me just fine, being on lates this week. 

On 25/03/2017 at 0:44 PM, Miesh said:

Congratulations @morph100

When the times comes may I suggest a babygrow with flamingos on :-)

I am sure the lineup poster will be released on Thursday or Friday because I will be finding out the outcome of my job interview on one of those days.   I'm hoping for good news on the job front first before I enjoy discovering the lineup.

No way! I have an interview Wednesday and I was just thinking this about the lineup.

Would be amazing to get the job then have the lineup. Good luck with yours!