Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

20 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

When folk were up in arms about Kanye, the poster didn't come out until a week after balance payment deadline. And there certainly isn't the same level of hostility towards Glasto now as that particular period.

Tbh I think only a small portion put down a deposit with intentions of assessing the line up poster and seeing if it's worth their time. It sells out blind for a reason and I think it'd sell out blind if we had to pay full in October.

I agree that only around 15-20k of those who bought them let them go in April, but if they do the deposit scheme to help those who don't have the money in Oct, then in my head it would also make sense for them to give those 15/20k fence sitters more planning time. It's coming this week tho anyway, the omens are looking good

15 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Probably nothing but I'm hoping this is a hint, he did similar for the main announcement in 2015

The capitals on "Optimistic Air" make that look like it's more likely to be a song or album release?

Although I don't actually know who Liam Fray is...

17 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Probably nothing but I'm hoping this is a hint, he did similar for the main announcement in 2015

I'd call that clutching at straws. Think there'll be an announcement this week but I don't think that tweet suggests anything in particular.

Edited by Acid_Haze

7 minutes ago, Laurenkfj said:

The capitals on "Optimistic Air" make that look like it's more likely to be a song or album release?

Although I don't actually know who Liam Fray is...

Don't Radiohead have a song called Optimistic? With Courteeners nailed on for Glasto, and Liam having subtly Tweeted about a lineup announcement before, I don't think it's clutching at straws necessarily.

32 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets said:

Maybe Radiohead are going to announce their setlist, one song per day

Dear God, could you imagine the listgasms that would be going on around this forum?

Unless they just post the tracklisting for Pablo Honey :lol: