Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

54 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Which in turn then leads to more clashes - the circle of life goes on :P 

Haha I always do this. 

"Hmmm, not many bands on here I know or listen to, I'll check some out"

...a while later...

"OMG!! I LOVE ALL THESE BANDS NOW!! I NEED TO SEE THEM ALL!! WHY ARE SO MANY BANDS I LIKE ALL PLAYING AT THE SAME TIME?!?!!1!!11!!!!!"

5 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Haha I always do this. 

"Hmmm, not many bands on here I know or listen to, I'll check some out"

...a while later...

"OMG!! I LOVE ALL THESE BANDS NOW!! I NEED TO SEE THEM ALL!! WHY ARE SO MANY BANDS I LIKE ALL PLAYING AT THE SAME TIME?!?!!1!!11!!!!!"

You forgot the post-festival self-flagellation of finding out on here or on iPlayer how awesome all the bands that you didn't see were and subsequently kicking yourself for the next 12months.

Before doing it aaaaalllllll again next year :lol:

Edited by Quark

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah, the lineup's out, he's just keeping it to himself for a couple of hours.

You know what I meant haha.  Last year there was loads of changes going on in the background before the actual line up came.

Im scraping the barrel now for reasons to believe the line up is imminent :lol:

2 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

Just realised the thingy doesn't show announcement times, are we thinking a morning is most likely? I seem to remember a recent one coming in the afternoon after I got back from work...

they've been announced at a variety of different times - mornings, afternoons, early evening, late evening.

Surely it's gotta come before the balance payments, those tight on a budget need to know whether it's worth paying out the other 200 quid for it or not. I know they've waited in the past, but surely they understand that it's a consideration for some people. Seems a bit out of touch if not. 

Thursday please, then it gives me the weekend to listen to the poster bands nonstop 

Edited by simian_mobile_mushrooms

3 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Surely it's gotta come before the balance payments, those tight on a budget need to know whether it's worth paying out the other 200 quid for it or not. I know they've waited in the past, but surely they understand that it's a consideration for some people. Seems a bit out of touch if not.

Thursday please, then it gives me the weekend to listen to the poster bands nonstop

They've released it during the window a few times, maybe when payments are slow in order to give people a bit of a nudge.

3 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Surely it's gotta come before the balance payments, those tight on a budget need to know whether it's worth paying out the other 200 quid for it or not.

yup, you're probably right.

My guess would be Thursday arvo as the most likely to create a bit of a buzz to remind people to pay.

49 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

Just realised the thingy doesn't show announcement times, are we thinking a morning is most likely? I seem to remember a recent one coming in the afternoon after I got back from work...

I want to see what weather is like when announcement is dropped - linked to the festival weather.  Any chance of a causation?

When folk were up in arms about Kanye, the poster didn't come out until a week after balance payment deadline. And there certainly isn't the same level of hostility towards Glasto now as that particular period.

Tbh I think only a small portion put down a deposit with intentions of assessing the line up poster and seeing if it's worth their time. It sells out blind for a reason and I think it'd sell out blind if we had to pay full in October.

Edited by dentalplan

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

PS: I've had a go at finding out when it is this morning, tho without luck :(

Thanks for trying! It's blatantly going to drop when I'm stuck in meetings at some point so I'm going for Thursday between 9 and 10am or tomorrow at 11.