Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Would Hacienda Classical make a good Pyramid opener one day? I could see that.

Manics  hard to place - were they third or second on other last time? JP  headline seems reasonable.

Third on the other, I'm pretty certain. Could feasibly open it on the Friday if nothing on that day though? A short sharp slice of old school Manics would blow the cobwebs away.

1 minute ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Third on the other, I'm pretty certain. Could feasibly open it on the Friday if nothing on that day though? A short sharp slice of old school Manics would blow the cobwebs away.

They were third, Pixies and Jake Bugg were above them.

That's right, Jake Bugg. Never forget.

9 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Would Hacienda Classical make a good Pyramid opener one day? I could see that.

Manics  hard to place - were they third or second on other last time? JP  headline seems reasonable.

oooh, I'd love a Manics JP headliner slot (like Suede a couple of years ago). Career spanning headline set stuffed with the classics would go down a right treat.

14 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

They were third, Pixies and Jake Bugg were above them.

That's right, Jake Bugg. Never forget.

I had actually forgotten! Ha.

9 minutes ago, Keithy said:

oooh, I'd love a Manics JP headliner slot (like Suede a couple of years ago). Career spanning headline set stuffed with the classics would go down a right treat.

Yeah was thinking a bit like Suede. But given the lack of new material I agree it seems unlikely.

I was lookung at the 2013 poster earlier and pondering if we'd get one like that, stage splits, Avalon and Acoustic included etc. Based purely on the lack of Twitter activity of any of the stage based accounts though, plus the deemed success of revealing one area at a time over recent years, I think it will be similar to recent years with just a load of acts on it.

They'd followed the same announcement pattern for a few years now. I reckon we'll get something a bit different this year. Purely a guess though.

I'm not really a fan of the three column poster deal. It can be hard to decipher. I want to know what stage each act is on.

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

I'm not really a fan of the three column poster deal. It can be hard to decipher. I want to know what stage each act is on.

Agreed - no help with clashes - some help for starting to discover bands at least

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

Well poster or no poster this thread will certainly be a rollercoaster this week.

I both love and hate this forum around this time - a perfect mix of giddy excitement and crippling frustration.

Shout out to all the employers thinking any work is getting done this week!

24 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Which in turn then leads to more clashes - the circle of life goes on :P 

I use the discovery of new bands and the love of others to decide which gigs to buy tickets for - but often end up watching  the same at GF as I buy tickets for and missing the others ha ha