Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got the hump that they're just carefully chosen words by Emily. The 'and' being such word, if she'd have said Daft Punk or TSR, then it would be much more solid to rule the two out, but that to me sounds more like the two of them both headlining a night each. But I am quite the optimist and my glass is always, always half full 

How about Gorillaz? Not touring at the moment, but they've got new music coming out soon, and Damon Albarn seems a fairly regular Glasto-goer. I'd rather they didn't (barely lasted a song in 2010 before rushing to see the amazing Flaming Lips), but they're probably big enough(?)

1 minute ago, StevieGed said:

I've got the hump that they're just carefully chosen words by Emily. The 'and' being such word, if she'd have said Daft Punk or TSR, then it would be much more solid to rule the two out, but that to me sounds more like the two of them both headlining a night each. But I am quite the optimist and my glass is always, always half full 

Love your optimism but I feel it's curtains for The Roses and Glastonbury, next year and forever more..

2 minutes ago, StevieGed said:

Speaking exclusively to NME today, Eavis said that she didn’t know where the rumours about either act headlining the festival next year had come from.

“There’s no more [headliner] announcements now for a while, but I will tell you the other two that have been rumoured aren’t happening,” Eavis said. “There was a news story that said Daft Punk and Stone Roses. That’s not true. I don’t know where that came from.”

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/daft-punk-stone-roses-not-headlining-glastonbury-2017-1684610#ViGDllbhkWVZAkZy.99

4 minutes ago, StevieGed said:

I thought so but then:

“There’s no more [headliner] announcements now for a while, but I will tell you the other two that have been rumoured aren’t happening,
Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/daft-punk-stone-roses-not-headlining-glastonbury-2017-1684610#u3dwYiLO4lzv1EL0.99

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

As far as acts we know are active/have new material next year and would make a great Sunday headliner, U2 are sticking out to me the most right now, although if this IOW stealing the Roses thing is true then I guess we've just gotta hope Glastonbury had a solid back up ready

The only reason they'd have for doing it is to soothe Bono's ego.

Which, admittedly, isn't insubstantial. 

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

As far as acts we know are active/have new material next year and would make a great Sunday headliner, U2 are sticking out to me the most right now, although if this IOW stealing the Roses thing is true then I guess we've just gotta hope Glastonbury had a solid back up ready

tumblr_lzrrycfql11r4gei2o2_400.gif

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

The only reason they'd have for doing it is to soothe Bono's ego.

Which, admittedly, isn't insubstantial. 

I'm just struggling to think who else there is unless they go with a total unexpected re-booking like The Who (although I guess U2 fall right in to that category). Still a long way to go and lots of tours/albums to be announced. Gutted about the Roses but nice to stir things up, at least for the sake of this thread :D 

Bonus for this thread tho is that we can all speculate once more about headliners again:) I suspect Ed is a goer but not sure who else might be. We have the established British indie rock band Fri, a possible British pop relatively newcomer Sat and probably a US band on Sunday?