Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Stone Roses secret set at the Park. Or subbing Radiohead 'cos of their fear of large crowds. Or a 4am set in SE Corner. 

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

If we're getting anyone from 2014, Arcade Fire would be much more appreciated.

I appreciate both these posts.

No Roses is a gutter. Hope it paves the way for Depeche Mode but I'm not holding out much hope. The Pyramid has become a stage for very "safe" bookings over the last few years and I've frequented it less and less. But I'm not complaining. I've got a ticket to the greatest show on earth and that's all that matters to me

Just now, dylangraham said:

Beyonce would be pretty awesome, do you think they'd book both Sheeran and Beyonce though? 

I don't see it myself

Not sure whether to buy in to the no Roses thing too much just yet as Daft Punk were included in that sentence as she could've meant the two of them as a pair (although that may be stretching it). If not them I'd go with U2 or Foos, which would be equally as strong if not a disappointment for many

5 minutes ago, dylangraham said:

Beyonce would be pretty awesome, do you think they'd book both Sheeran and Beyonce though? 

They're both big enough to sell out Wembley Stadium multiple times over, so they aren't going to be turning them down if they can get them. Biggest obstacle to Beyonce is what she'd do it for - she's just finished her album tour so unless she was resurrecting that in the new year it'd have to be a one-off show, which seems very unlikely. Either that or she finally puts out this long-rumoured joint album with her husband and they tour that, that would be sensational.

Edited by Zac Quinn

Having been the main naysayer all along, I just wonder if there's any possibility of Guns n Roses? Foo Fighters aren't really in the mix now (although they could be very easily), and no other names aside from Eddie really jump out. I don't see it being Kasabian or Kings of Leon. 

Cat, meet pigeons.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

T-Swizzle has a live comeback at the US Grand Prix this weekend.....

I'm getting into Martin's GlastoHeadliner canoe of T-Swizz at this point...if the rear hole is still empty and has the waterproof sheath.

10 minutes ago, jparx said:

Having been the main naysayer all along, I just wonder if there's any possibility of Guns n Roses? Foo Fighters aren't really in the mix now (although they could be very easily), and no other names aside from Eddie really jump out. I don't see it being Kasabian or Kings of Leon. 

Cat, meet pigeons.

A couple of our crowd like GNR, not my kinda thing but I'd be happy with it for their sake.

I'm fairly ambivalent about the whole thing after today's announcement :D

Just now, supreme said:

What about if TSR have just very recently decided to go with IOW which leaves no definite headliner being booked yet and its only ideas?

Emily said in the article that TSR and DP aren't headlining, and all the headliners for the major stages are sorted. 

Just now, SwedgeAntilles said:

A couple of our crowd like GNR, not my kinda thing but I'd be happy with it for their sake.

I'm fairly ambivalent about the whole thing after today's announcement :D

Yup! Me too. I'd love to have the Roses, but it's hard to be too devastated on a glorious day like this.