The stone roses

weeksy97

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Still looking mate? I have one spare if you still need it? Was going for twickets but would prefer it goes to someone on here!

Honestly would prefer I was selling more - I got a ticket in November because my brother (who hasn't seen them) wanted to go and im regretting it now. It won't beat Heaton park and the crowd will be horrible!! 

Yes mate, still need one Saturday standing if you have a spare.

Lyrically and melodically it's a weak Brown solo type effort, but it's nice to hear them have their groove back. I like the production on as well. I'm it finishes well. Would the world be going crackers for it if they'd never unleashed All For One on us? 

Still cannot hear Reni's backingvox.

It sounds exactly where we all hoped they would be at this point surely? They aren't expected to match the early stuff, but if they could make an album with them kind of songs it would be most welcome. I just don't understand what they where thinking with the first single, if they had this up their sleeves. I reckon we'll get another couple of singles then they might just release an EP, if they haven't got a full albums worth of stuff. 

not perfect or even particularly fantastic but much better than it has any right to be after that last effort. agree that All For One was more likely written to be a single whereas this was just them going back to doing what they always did. i do hope an album's coming - after all this wait a measly EP or a few songs would be a bit of a let down. i wanna see them give it a real go

1 minute in and its fucking excellent so far.

Will give a full review in 6 minutes

edit: can have a solid 8 out of 10 I think. About 2 mins from the end when it fades and Ian is singing 'its a beautiful thing' I really wanted it to go mad and explode...... but alas.

I can actually see them doing G next year if they get round to putting a record out before then. Would be fucking marvellous!

Edited by mungo57

59 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

It sounds exactly where we all hoped they would be at this point surely? They aren't expected to match the early stuff, but if they could make an album with them kind of songs it would be most welcome. I just don't understand what they where thinking with the first single, if they had this up their sleeves. I reckon we'll get another couple of singles then they might just release an EP, if they haven't got a full albums worth of stuff. 

This is it for me. We all knew they were never going to come back and match the early stuff, that just doesn't happen and certainly not under these circumstances, the best we could hope is something like a return to form. All For One was so disappointing because it didn't even match those fairly low, realistic expectations.

This however, is far more like it. I agree with whoever said it sounds a bit like an extension of Love Spreads (which for me is a positive given it's one of my favourite Roses tracks). If there is an album I feel far more positive about it that I did at midnight last night.

Much better. A return to some sort of form for them after the letdown of AFO (which i will be using as my bar/toilet pitstop at the etihad next saturday). This new one has restored my faith that they can at least still write music and have a fucking good jam together. Mix that in with the oldies and i'll be happy enough when i'm on the sauce!

Think people are expecting too much really.

The first album really is one of the great debut albums but it was written decades ago when they were completely different people. They're not going to be in the same place to write similar stuff today.

Second album as a standalone is actually good and much, much better than a lot of the landfill out today.

Hoping they're making money off the gigs and just writing a third album to make music again.

They were outstanding at Heaton Park, just hoping that atmosphere can be recreated!