Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

8 minutes ago, gfa said:

Speaking off - absolutely went off at Brixton last night.

Enjoy all seeing him tonight and tomorrow!

Haha it’s incessant already must have had about 20 heads on my Insta that were there - thought it was meant to be hard to get tickets!

The live show is good I caught it at APE 2021. Production still a million miles from being good enough for West Holts tho.

54 minutes ago, gfa said:

Speaking off - absolutely went off at Brixton last night.

Enjoy all seeing him tonight and tomorrow!

I have "balcony" tickets for tonight but I know sometimes (actually most times I've been) it doesn't matter - knowing how the tent was at APE though wouldn't be surprised if they enforce it - how was it last night?

3 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Haha it’s incessant already must have had about 20 heads on my Insta that were there - thought it was meant to be hard to get tickets!

The live show is good I caught it at APE 2021. Production still a million miles from being good enough for West Holts tho.

Crowd was very young i thought, bumped into a few people there as well haha

re second point - not sure it matters. sure he'll have something new anyway for 2023 - if EP and others are booking him as a headliner he's gotta have something up his sleeve

edit - very cringe outside the venue afterwards, feel like every show people try and force a moment like that falafel shop with four tet in nyc. seems the met has cleaned up the nos dealers too

Edited by gfa

42 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Might depend on the night & location.

Big nos crew with their own music outside Electric Brixton after Chaos in the CBD around 5am

Also saw them outside Phonox after DJ Tennis at 4am

I mean it was Fred Again, they'd have made £££ surely. They had them outside Kasabian but not fred again - doesn't add up!

23 hours ago, Field Commander Jefferson said:

very odd, are they headlining a tent or something?

(I haven't been there for years so don't know what the setups like these days)

Tents gone its two main stages now. They are subbing the second main stage (outdoors) and so will be on about 6-7pm

On 12/9/2022 at 7:48 PM, gfa said:

Speaking off bicep why on earth have they accepted a slot as a reading 4th down 😂

Yeah in addition to what someone else said about it not really being 4th down, the Bicep lads are also lovely and I wouldn’t think make too much of a fuss about placement as long as they’re getting paid their fee. Headline lots of fairly tiny festivals. 

Going to make myself a very unpopular person on here but I saw Fred Again on Friday at Brixton and I thought it was very average. 

I guess it would be hard to match the hype, but just felt it was a normal bog standard gig. Didn’t rate the set list much, felt there was pacing issues. Production was pretty minimal. Kept waiting for something that didn’t happen, I couldn’t get into it. Maybe it was an off-night for me, tired from work etc. 

Also probably didn’t help that I was likely subconsciously comparing it to last weekend’s gig - Bicep at Alexandra Palace. Obviously that is comparing apples and pears and is a silly comparison. 

1 hour ago, gordong said:

Going to make myself a very unpopular person on here but I saw Fred Again on Friday at Brixton and I thought it was very average. 

I guess it would be hard to match the hype, but just felt it was a normal bog standard gig. Didn’t rate the set list much, felt there was pacing issues. Production was pretty minimal. Kept waiting for something that didn’t happen, I couldn’t get into it. Maybe it was an off-night for me, tired from work etc. 

Also probably didn’t help that I was likely subconsciously comparing it to last weekend’s gig - Bicep at Alexandra Palace. Obviously that is comparing apples and pears and is a silly comparison. 

I've seen Fred Again five times now including Friday at Brixton- previously Village Underground, Islington Assembly Hall, APE and Primavera, and Brixton was 100% the worst of the lot. Over reliance on the 3rd album which is the weakest and he previously built the set to a really good final 15 mins but he lost that with the slow paced tracks this time. 

Was the DJ Mag Best of British Awards last night, here are the results! 

Best DJ - Patrick Topping

Breakthrough DJ - Girls Don't Sync

Best Live Act - Fred Again..

Best Producer - Interplanetary Criminal

Breakthrough Producer - Nia Archives

Best MC/Vocalist - Novelist

Breakthrough MC/Vocalist - Bemz

Best Label - XL Recordings

Breakthrough Label - Time Is Now [Shall Not Fade]

Best Album - Capricorn Sun, TSHA

Best Compilation - to hell with it (Remixes), PinkPantheress

Best Track - B.O.T.A (Baddest Of Them All), Eliza Rose & Interplanetary Criminal 

Best Remix/Edit - La Murga (Michael's Midnight Mix), Michael Bibi

Best Rap Album/Mixtape - hugo, Loyle Carner

Best Rap Track - The Family, Giggs x Tiny Boost

Best Radio Show - Soup To Nuts, NTS

Best Large Club - Printworks, London

Best Small Club - Night Tales, London

Best Club Event - PXSSY PALACE

Best Festival - Outlook Festival

Best Boutique Festival - No Bounds Festival

Underground Hero - Jeremy Sylvester

Outstanding Contribution - DJ Fligjt

Innovation & Excellence - Jamal Edwards MBE

Game Changer - Ripgroove, Double 99

Personally I'm absolutely buzzing for Patrick Topping, Fred Again.. and Nia Archives! Shame Trick didn't win Best Label, but overall pretty solid winners across the board!

8 hours ago, nikkic said:

Just been chatting to HAAI on Insta and she's not been offered a slot to play this year. Shame, thought she might bring her live show to the farm this time. 

Ffs that’s so shit, was quietly confident we’d get a HAAi live show. I know she played like 3/4 times last year but the live show looks so good. 

5 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Ffs that’s so shit, was quietly confident we’d get a HAAi live show. I know she played like 3/4 times last year but the live show looks so good. 

Yeah I thought it would be a given she’d play again. 

I guess there’s still time for her to be offered a set, can’t imagine the slots are all wrapped up by December. 

Tried to think of my favourite electronic tracks of the year and got to about 20, so instead of narrowing them down here they are 

Burial, Four Tet - Nova
Pangaea - Fuzzy Logic 
Overmono - Gunk  
HAAi - Baby We're Ascending
Daniel Avery, HAAi - Wall Of Sleep
Two Shell - Home
Two Shell - Ghosts 
Bonobo, Jordan Rakei - Shadows 
KH - Lookin At Your Pager 
Shanti Celeste - Cutie 
El Columpio Asesino - Toro (I Hate Models Speed Up Revival Edit of Andre VII RMX)
Dukwa - Prune 
Skin on Skin - Burning Bridges (Nia Archives Edit)
Vladimir Dubyshkin - No Tell Motel 
Four Tet, Fred Again - Baby Again 
Harvey McKay - Elves Playground 
DJ HEARTSTRING - Don't Stop The Night 
DJ HEARTSTRING - Dancing With Somebody 
pinkpanthress - Just For Me (salute edit) 
Mathew Jonson - Marionette (Shanti Celeste remix)

• Upvote 5