Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

30 minutes ago, nikkic said:

The only thing that would stop me being there is Elton. 

Yeah I'm a bit torn on Elton as well.  On the one hand he has bangers for days and would be a good ol' singalong.

On the other, his voice has gone.  It wasn't the greatest when I saw him at Bestival and that was a decade ago.

39 minutes ago, nikkic said:

He probably falls neatly between the two, his crowd at The Park would be monstrous I think, or he’d be a smallish WH headliner compared to previous years.

Yeah, he's got the  whole "Sensitive, thoughtful dance" niche well and truly covered that fits across the two stages but fwiw, I think WH would be a better fit if only because the field can manage more people better and the sound system at WH is a thing of beauty. 

I'd agree he fits inbetween WH and Park, but the difficulty for people to get tickets for him could push him to WH.

He's only done his own shows in London the 3 instant sold out brixton dates which are silly expensive on viagogo. He was at Warehouse Project too which was sold out i think and not a whole lot of other fests.

Pretty similar to wet leg actually - if they'd have been possible to see and booked more suitable venues then they'd have been fine at the Park i think (or at least noticeably better)

On 11/20/2022 at 11:09 AM, gfa said:

I can’t believe how different warehouse project is to printworks, thought they’d be similar vibes due to similar ish capacity.

Warehouse project is fantastic, very impressed. Daphni was our lot’s highlight i think

The concourse room is absolutely unbelievable 

On 11/20/2022 at 11:09 AM, gfa said:

I can’t believe how different warehouse project is to printworks, thought they’d be similar vibes due to similar ish capacity.

Warehouse project is fantastic, very impressed. Daphni was our lot’s highlight i think

For a large venue it is quality. I've seen some stuff on twitter about the crowd Friday (I realise you went Saturday) but we didn't see any bother. The concourse is a great space to party and the whole of the main room was pumping Friday, the sound has been a bit low in some spots in previous seasons but not at the weekend. The thrud room is similar to the old Store Street venue which I absolutely loved

Hats off to the Sacha Lord, fair ballsy to have a venue that big, organise it so well and having it going off for a decent season. I know some don't like that the Djs can't play other Manc venues but they've been throwing top parties for a long time

There were definitely idiots in the crowd but that can't be avoided at a 10k capacity venue, definitely some people who had overindulged but put no dampener on the mood.

Definitely varies night to night, seen some on tiktok that are full to the brim of chavs / 18 year olds

6 hours ago, Upside down frowner said:

Hats off to the Sacha Lord, fair ballsy to have a venue that big, organise it so well and having it going off for a decent season. I know some don't like that the Djs can't play other Manc venues but they've been throwing top parties for a long time

Do think this is a complete disgrace tbh, absolute poison to the scene. Makes me think he’s a prick forever more.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Obiginnaw said:

here for my obligatory 'Give me my Ben UFO and Skream' fix

would also love to see Prospa again, aside from a lot already said in here, Mark Blair, interplanetary criminal and Jackmaster if possible

Agree with all this.

Been listening to the BUFO B2B Joy O set in XOYO today, an all timer.

and yeah I’m obsessed with Mark Blair, all his productions absolutely go off. The recently Love Parade edit is 10/10. Whenever someone referencesgood tech-house” he’s exactly who comes to mind.

Stick on his Boiler Room a lot, some of the mixing is a bit hammy in the first half, but it is heaters all the way through.  It’s almost a shame Skin on Skin’s set kinda blew him away hype-wise right after, but two complete legends and both must haves on the farm. 

Mark Blair https://www.youtube.com/live/pYpfUUKHLSE?feature=share

Skin on Skin - https://www.youtube.com/live/lylcsb8OhzU?feature=share

BUFO x Joy O -

Edited by MaxPower

16 hours ago, gfa said:

Pretty similar to Wet Leg actually - if they'd have been possible to see and booked more suitable venues then they'd have been fine at the Park i think (or at least noticeably better)

Wet Leg was only a problem because they were on early.  I stand by my belief that at headliner time, Fred won't be a problem up there - busy, but that's much better than an underwhelmingly sized crowd.

9 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

Wet Leg was only a problem because they were on early.  I stand by my belief that at headliner time, Fred won't be a problem up there - busy, but that's much better than an underwhelmingly sized crowd.

Yeah agreed. Think it’ll be a busy Park field for sure, but incomparable to Wet Leg middle of the day with fuck all else on.

tho Park my favourite main stage anyway because of the natural amphitheater feeling, so if he’s elsewhere and someone I’m more keen on is headlining Park then happy days.

56 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

Good point

23 minutes ago, David_303 said:

I bloody loved the Cause. So much.

I think truly great clubs are only supposed to be around for a short while. You've just gotta be in the right scene at the right time. As much as I love some of my old haunts, there's a part of me that prefers them gone and to remember them as they were, rather than a 45 year old trying to compare them to how they used to be

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I think truly great clubs are only supposed to be around for a short while. You've just gotta be in the right scene at the right time. As much as I love some of my old haunts, there's a part of me that prefers them gone and to remember them as they were, rather than a 45 year old trying to compare them to how they used to be

100%. Especially with regards to the slightly DIY pop-up type places. 

(Written by a 45 year old, by the way!)

Edited by David_303

34 minutes ago, David_303 said:

I"m starting to feel it! 

Me too. Went to Hacienda 40 a couple weekends ago and I've been struggling with a virus ever since. Bed-ridden for four days! 😂

Reckon I've got a few years maximum left in the clubbing and festival tank and I'm done. The physical recovery just is no fun these days. 2023 is definitely going to be my final Glastonbury, weekend at least. The time has come to think about finally hanging up my white gloves...

Doubling up on my posts here and the other place but:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jO5JhZNSjUA&feature=youtu.be 

Just got round to listening to this. Absolutely banging straight in my top few boiler room sets.

Was momentarily gutted I missed her at glasto but she was really clash heavy. 

Hope she gets a good day time or super late night slot next year