Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 minute ago, gfa said:

you can find it early on tiktok 🙂 pretty decent

OHHH! I am pretty certain I've heard it before somewhere, not sure if it was either at Parklife, watching the iPlayer recording of their Glasto set or not at all, but it really rings a bell... Looking forward to it!

28 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Anybody else going to see Four Tet at Ally Pally? Got some tickets for the Wednesday, Thursday had sold out before the pre-sale!?!

Wonder if he’ll add a Friday date too?

thursday sold out in the ticketmaster raffle presale thing - seetickets didn't get a thursday allocation it seems. very strange i must say

Edited by gfa

30 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Anybody else going to see Four Tet at Ally Pally? Got some tickets for the Wednesday, Thursday had sold out before the pre-sale!?!

Holding out for a Friday date. Live in Manchester so Wednesday and Thursday make it difficult with work. Judging by how fast Thursday went though I think I’d struggle getting a Friday one even if announced. 

5 hours ago, The Red Telephone said:

Same situation. Entered the pre-presale allocation raffle on Ticketmaster for the Thursday which went unfulfilled, then bought a Wednesday ticket.

Saw the squid soup production at Village Underground about 4 years ago and it was excellent. Looking forward to seeing it again in a bigger venue, and with more bangers under Kieran's belt.

3 hours ago, nikkic said:

Four Tet now doing a 3rd night at Ally Pally, but annoyingly it’s a Tuesday-Thursday run.

Thought he might announce the Friday. 

comments sections are begging for this, really hope it happens but can't see it to be honest. 30k is a lot already

Yeah the Four Tet shows had like a new Ticketmaster feature (or first I'd ever seen it in use) A sign up ticket raffle. Tickets instantly bought if you win. I got lucky, so will be going Thursday. 

Kinda wouldn't mind seeing more people doing this, less stressful than refreshing like mad hopelessly as I was for Fred Again.

New Bicep is pretty decent, the most radio friendly Bicep (?) 

Been also banging these ones out lately, recently released icymi

14 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Yeah the Four Tet shows had like a new Ticketmaster feature (or first I'd ever seen it in use) A sign up ticket raffle. Tickets instantly bought if you win. I got lucky, so will be going Thursday. 

Kinda wouldn't mind seeing more people doing this, less stressful than refreshing like mad hopelessly as I was for Fred Again.

New Bicep is pretty decent, the most radio friendly Bicep (?) 

Been also banging these ones out lately, recently released icymi

The raffle thing is interesting - not seeing much to stop people entering 100 times to be honest (and i'm pretty fast at first come first serve so like that, better than queueit though!)

I dislike how if you won both days it said you had to buy both - it should let you prioritise a day if you wish. If you could return to pot that would be good as otherwise people will just be dumping extras on twickets... or viagogo. If theres low demand though it increases sales and then they won't let you return no doubt - its a weird one. For less in demand shows it will force big fans to buy all dates i feel even if they only want one really

Edited by gfa
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

How was it?  Had a great time there for Seinfeld in March

Boring was absolutely slamming, don't think any of his tunes went below 135 BPM. SO GOOD.

Really surprised by how young the crowd was, it felt like no one was over 20 (not bad, just an observation). I was expecting it to be a bit older cause of the lineup and it being for Lakota's 30th. 

Alfresco Disco next weekend, we go again! 

Edited by Zacko
  • Upvote 1

Worked a Ewan McVicar event last night. His set was fairly decent, big time upstaged by Optimo Espacio on before though. They went back B2B with Ewan for half an hour at one point which was interesting too. Missed Optimo everywhere this year so was happy to rectify that.

Going to Boiler Room on Friday for Daniel Avery, Chaos in the CBD & LCY then working Hybrid Minds & Voltage the next day so should be a fun weekend for me.

7 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Worked a Ewan McVicar event last night. His set was fairly decent, big time upstaged by Optimo Espacio on before though. They went back B2B with Ewan for half an hour at one point which was interesting too. Missed Optimo everywhere this year so was happy to rectify that.

Going to Boiler Room on Friday for Daniel Avery, Chaos in the CBD & LCY then working Hybrid Minds & Voltage the next day so should be a fun weekend for me.

Sounds like a good weekend ahead that.

Currently contemplating four tet at ally pally, really just want a friday announced but i think i'm losing hope. exam season so none of my lot will want to go as they are all at uni still

On 10/9/2022 at 2:08 PM, Zacko said:

Boring was absolutely slamming, don't think any of his tunes went below 135 BPM. SO GOOD.

Really surprised by how young the crowd was, it felt like no one was over 20 (not bad, just an observation). I was expecting it to be a bit older cause of the lineup and it being for Lakota's 30th. 

Alfresco Disco next weekend, we go again! 

Yeh, was a really young crowd last time I was there too!

On 10/10/2022 at 2:23 PM, Adam_B said:

Anyone been to beams yet? I went on Saturday for the first time. 

Interested to hear what people think of it. I enjoyed myself and thought it was a nice space but don't think the sound or visuals come close to Printworks. 

I am heading to Beams tomorrow for Honey Dijon. Looking forward to it. Always keen to try new venues.

I am not a big fan of Printworks as I find it really soulless & getting the right spot is really difficult. Hoping Beams doesn't have the same issue.

This will be my first time out for a proper dance since Houghton so ready to blow off those cobwebs 🕸️

46 minutes ago, gherring8 said:

I am heading to Beams tomorrow for Honey Dijon. Looking forward to it. Always keen to try new venues.

I am not a big fan of Printworks as I find it really soulless & getting the right spot is really difficult. Hoping Beams doesn't have the same issue.

This will be my first time out for a proper dance since Houghton so ready to blow off those cobwebs 🕸️

Fair enough. Printworks is my favorite venue so im biased maybe.

Enjoy Beams! We spent most of the time at the back and sides in the main room last week so didnt have any problems. I am off to Carl Cox at Wembley this weekend.