Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

On 9/22/2022 at 11:18 AM, gherring8 said:

Just managed to bag 2 Standing Fred Again tickets for the Friday presale on O2 priority if people are thinking of trying.

Reading so many accounts of people being successful through O2 presale. Looks like I need an O2 contract for events and an EE contract to get signal at Glasto now 🙄

Sounds like the entire Friday sold out to O2 customers which feels great.

Was super unsuccessful through any "normal" pre sale & general sale, possible. Genuinely really deflated of trying to see this man who didn't want to come Glasto last year. 🙃 Bet he'll play next year & I bet I won't have tickets for that one with my luck. 

13 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Reading so many accounts of people being successful through O2 presale. Looks like I need an O2 contract for events and an EE contract to get signal at Glasto now 🙄

One thing that's not been publicised well - if you've got Virgin Media broadband, you can use that account to get access to O2 presales.

3 hours ago, Acid Loafers said:

Sounds like the entire Friday sold out to O2 customers which feels great.

Was super unsuccessful through any "normal" pre sale & general sale, possible. Genuinely really deflated of trying to see this man who didn't want to come Glasto last year. 🙃 Bet he'll play next year & I bet I won't have tickets for that one with my luck. 

You can just buy an O2 Pay as you go sim (or ask for someone else's - i used my dads all he had to do was request a code which i typed in my phone and its been logged in a few days now - i.e. won't get logged out 5 mins before the sale)

I never thought o2 priority was any good until now, just a shame its through ticketmaster!

4 hours ago, Adam_B said:

anyone able to read this, can't seem to get in at all and archive.ph didn't work either 😞 

---

Just won a pair of tickets for Seinfeld at printworks tomorrow, will be my third night on the trot not sure whether to bother - anyone interested in them (free of course!)

9 minutes ago, gfa said:

You can just buy an O2 Pay as you go sim (or ask for someone else's - i used my dads all he had to do was request a code which i typed in my phone and its been logged in a few days now - i.e. won't get logged out 5 mins before the sale)

I never thought o2 priority was any good until now, just a shame its through ticketmaster!

anyone able to read this, can't seem to get in at all and archive.ph didn't work either 😞 

---

Just won a pair of tickets for Seinfeld at printworks tomorrow, will be my third night on the trot not sure whether to bother - anyone interested in them (free of course!)

Seinfeld and Effy played at Lakota this Wednesday just gone. Gutted, I would have been all over that if it had been a weekend! Such a big booking for a midweek night.

39 minutes ago, gordong said:

Bonobo saying that he won’t be touring with his live band after this tour is done. Real shame, saw him at Royal Albert Hall and it was one of my favourite gigs ever. 

A4D70E66-F843-4805-B979-8C8340848BB8.jpeg

He clarified elsewhere he won’t be touring the live band in the US again (or presumably australia/Asia where I saw him this year). Reckon it will still be done in UK and maybe Europe.

I understand it, touring exhausting and for acts like Bonobo who can DJ it’s a bit like what’s the point. Tom Misch cancelled the the Australian/NZ leg of his tour last minute this year due to exhaustion related mental health issues.

10 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Anyone seen Overmono on the current tour? Scored a couple for the Bristol show on Thursday, only £18 each, too

Yeah .... made sure i caught them in London as I was elsewhere for the IICON set. I thoroughly enjoyed it and a good sound system in the new Koko. A solid 90 minutes and well worth your £18.

image.thumb.png.26bfc23c562768ae991c89f4558f697a.png

Edited by Fishman
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Anyone seen Overmono on the current tour? Scored a couple for the Bristol show on Thursday, only £18 each, too

Saw them three times over the summer (not hard considering they were booked at literally every festival ever), wasn't impressed. Fair play on trying very hard to be the next Bicep and having a big visual show but.. the tunes aren't really that good. Just found it a bit dull overall.

2 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Saw them three times over the summer (not hard considering they were booked at literally every festival ever), wasn't impressed. Fair play on trying very hard to be the next Bicep and having a big visual show but.. the tunes aren't really that good. Just found it a bit dull overall.

I will say that they haven't necessarily grabbed me like some other recent artists but for £18, I couldn't say no tbh. I shall report back...

3 hours ago, jannybruck said:

Totally agree.  I've tried four times now... just leaves me a bit cold.  I mean, it's alright.  But that's about it.  Really don't get the hype.

On 9/26/2022 at 5:53 AM, gfa said:

Oval Space at risk of shutting in London - takes 1 min to fill this form to send an email to the local council: https://www.ntia.co.uk/ropl-the-oval-space/

You've fairly changed your tune from the resistance of the closing of Printworks lol

Which as an aside, looks like it may be staying open in some form or another - https://www.timeout.com/london/news/printworks-might-stay-open-as-a-clubbing-venue-092622

8 hours ago, MaxPower said:

You've fairly changed your tune from the resistance of the closing of Printworks lol

Which as an aside, looks like it may be staying open in some form or another - https://www.timeout.com/london/news/printworks-might-stay-open-as-a-clubbing-venue-092622

Hmm maybe 🙂

New printworks dates announced inc a 3 hour chems set. looks like WHP will match it too based off their calendar

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stanh said:

Really great news that, can't wait to see what the future holds for them!

Not getting ahead of myself on this one - could so easily change imo, means it can shut without petitions and then silently scrap it in 6 months or so

51 minutes ago, gfa said:

Not getting ahead of myself on this one - could so easily change imo, means it can shut without petitions and then silently scrap it in 6 months or so

I'm trying to stay optimistic, but imo it does sound promising. At least they have the Beams now for the years that they'll be out of action at Printworks.