Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

2 minutes ago, Field Commander Jefferson said:

Yeah its a gimmicky waste of time. can do better 

The space could be used more efficiently, the sound is terrible unless you're right in the centre of the speakers and they've sold their soul to a despotic regime, which gives GFL the perfect excuse to get rid.

Arcadia will be there whether you like it or not

34 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Fred Again... Hoping somewhere like JP or WH (maybe even a cheeky secret DJ set at Stonebridge later)

Folamour could potentially return since he bailed last time, he didn't fit into my schedule last time, so maybe this time he would. 

Wonder if the same counts for Solomun too? 

Wouldn't mind Palmsy or Jobse, but feel like whenever set times come out, I just can't find space for them in the clashes.

I thought Prodigy had a chance of playing, but their IG post says "Only UK Headline show" or something

I also wonder if there's any chance of Pendulum, with their Brixton shows coming.

Maybe this is the year Jamie XX gets an Arcadia headline slot?

Saw them last time, but would probably give Piri & Tommy another watch, really enjoyed it on Thursday

Of course, Two Shell. Can't believe they clashed with Bicep & Kendrick. 

Prodigy wording puts them still in the picture

No Jamie XX please, more likely for like WH than Arcadia i think or maybe Park, awful live anyway

Edited by gfa

Give me some of these in addition to Prodigy or Chems and Fred and I'll be good - Braxe + Falcon, Weval, Mall Grab, Gold Panda, Nosaj Thing, Prospa, Moderat, Romare, CINTHIE, Dam Swindle, Mount Kimbie, Daniel Avery, TDJ, Krystal Klear, HAAi, SBTRKT, George FitzGerald, KETTAMA, DJ Python, Plaid, Lewis Ofman, Axel Boman, DJ Heartstring, Shygirl, Eris Drew, Octo Octa, Roman Flugel, Leftfield, Royksopp, Talker, Folamour, DJ Seinfeld, Avalon Emerson, Adam BFD, Overmono, 1-800 Girls, Sworn Virgins, Harrison BDP, X-Coast, Sofia Kourtesis, Vegyn, Shinichi Atobe, Janus Rasmussen

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Met some Dutch guys this year who *claimed* they had bought the spider with plans on taking it on a worldwide tour. Think the Arcadia crew are fully done with it.

Last I'd seen they've bought an old Sea King helicopter for their next venture. Hopefully with better longevity than Pangea (which I loved tbh, and going back to the spider this year was a massive let down in comparison)

29 minutes ago, themunn said:

Met some Dutch guys this year who *claimed* they had bought the spider with plans on taking it on a worldwide tour. Think the Arcadia crew are fully done with it.

Last I'd seen they've bought an old Sea King helicopter for their next venture. Hopefully with better longevity than Pangea (which I loved tbh, and going back to the spider this year was a massive let down in comparison)

Not true, from the Arcadia website:

The Spider, the Afterburner and the Bug will be in Doha, Qatar for a month long installation during the World Cup. This is an independent event with no affiliation to Glastonbury Festival.

https://www.arcadiaspectacular.com/events

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

Not true, from the Arcadia website:

https://www.arcadiaspectacular.com/events

Perhaps it was a lease then, the rub of it was that in order for them to tour with a busy schedule it needed effectively a completely different team to run it, and the guys that do glasto wouldn't be involved with it anymore.

I can't imagine that with a packed schedule they have time to focus on new creations for glasto, which is exactly what they want to do.

On 11/14/2022 at 8:11 PM, Acid Loafers said:

Fred Again... Hoping somewhere like JP or WH (maybe even a cheeky secret DJ set at Stonebridge later)

Folamour could potentially return since he bailed last time, he didn't fit into my schedule last time, so maybe this time he would. 

Wouldn't mind Palmsy or Jobse, but feel like whenever set times come out, I just can't find space for them in the clashes.

I thought Prodigy had a chance of playing, but their IG post says "Only UK Headline show" or something

I also wonder if there's any chance of Pendulum, with their Brixton shows coming.

Saw them last time, but would probably give Piri & Tommy another watch, really enjoyed it on Thursday

I would also like Skin on Skin to show up somewhere, was here there last year?

I can’t believe how different warehouse project is to printworks, thought they’d be similar vibes due to similar ish capacity.

Warehouse project is fantastic, very impressed. Daphni was our lot’s highlight i think

On 11/14/2022 at 3:29 PM, nikkic said:

I’m not getting my hopes up on Pulp. 

It looks like a done deal, but until it’s over the line I’m not allowing myself to get hyped! 

Prodigy I may give another shot clash dependent, I love them, the music of my youth, but I’ve really not enjoyed the live experience the two times I’ve seen them. 

Just out of curiosity when did you see them and what didn’t you enjoy? 
I’ve seen them 4 times and 3 times they’ve been unreal and the other they were just decent

35 minutes ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

Just out of curiosity when did you see them and what didn’t you enjoy? 
I’ve seen them 4 times and 3 times they’ve been unreal and the other they were just decent

Glasto 09 and Bestival 10.

Found Maxim to be fairly tedious tbh, constantly shouting “Where all my warriors” every 6 seconds just got annoying. 

On 11/15/2022 at 7:11 AM, Acid Loafers said:

Still have Fred Again as Park headliner, but yeah others saying WH headliner. I don think he does a lot of DJ sets really? Cant say I've seen a load of them on socials and I follow way too many promoters.

Folamour if he's on the festival circuit, he's nailed on. I hope on a different stage this time, biggest disappointment of the festival checking twitter when about 30 heads I knew had all arranged tobe there for him and were standing in the hoards at the back of ShangriLa

Solomun weird booking imo, could see him back to fulfil it but zero interest.

Palm and Jobse - their B2Bs are not to be missed IMO, would almost prioritise over a live act, so good.

Jamie XX yeah could defnitely see Arcadia, wont be there!

Two Shell and Piri & Tommy - feel like both are extremely likely, both playing 1- times more gigs now than when they were booked for 2022. Would love osmeone who has seen a whole Two Shell gig other than that fakeout boiler room to opine on if theyre worth the effort - heard they did pre-recorded at glasto too. Irony-performing only works for a short time imo (particuarly when theyre ripping off SOPHIE, but that doesnt bother me too much).

3 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Still have Fred Again as Park headliner, but yeah others saying WH headliner. I don think he does a lot of DJ sets really? Cant say I've seen a load of them on socials and I follow way too many promoters.

Folamour if he's on the festival circuit, he's nailed on. I hope on a different stage this time, biggest disappointment of the festival checking twitter when about 30 heads I knew had all arranged tobe there for him and were standing in the hoards at the back of ShangriLa

Solomun weird booking imo, could see him back to fulfil it but zero interest.

Palm and Jobse - their B2Bs are not to be missed IMO, would almost prioritise over a live act, so good.

Jamie XX yeah could defnitely see Arcadia, wont be there!

Two Shell and Piri & Tommy - feel like both are extremely likely, both playing 1- times more gigs now than when they were booked for 2022. Would love osmeone who has seen a whole Two Shell gig other than that fakeout boiler room to opine on if theyre worth the effort - heard they did pre-recorded at glasto too. Irony-performing only works for a short time imo (particuarly when theyre ripping off SOPHIE, but that doesnt bother me too much).

A fair amount of us saw two shell at eat your own ears this weekend, i enjoyed it enough (hardly stand out) ,it was definitely a bit strange - bpm was all over the place and people were leaving fast towards the end - the room was half empty after 90 minutes.

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Folamour was an absolute fortune to book last summer

It was very odd those Dixon and Folamour bookings in Shangri last time just to be cancelled. Neither ever seemed like a possibility 

He definitely has a strong following, was packed at All Points East this year.

6 hours ago, MaxPower said:

His boiler room set was pretty damn good. Instantly went from thinking he was alright to straight to the top of my must see list.

At first I thought he'd be perfect for the sunday on WH, either supporting or headlining but the park is just as good a fit.  

Though where ever he is placed, he's going to be a big draw

1 hour ago, BambooShanks said:

His boiler room set was pretty damn good. Instantly went from thinking he was alright to straight to the top of my must see list.

At first I thought he'd be perfect for the sunday on WH, either supporting or headlining but the park is just as good a fit.  

Though where ever he is placed, he's going to be a big draw

He probably falls neatly between the two, his crowd at The Park would be monstrous I think, or he’d be a smallish WH headliner compared to previous years.

Love his new album but not sure what it’s done commercially.

The only thing that would stop me being there is Elton. 

Edited by nikkic