Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

3 hours ago, stanh said:

Funnily enough, I mentioned that to my mate earlier, I'd honestly go absolutely feral - providing we get a solo Fred and Skrillex set elsewhere too. Would take any of it though in a heartbeat.

Said previously not sure Fred has ever played a DJ set, at least not in the past couple of years that I’ve seen or can easily find, and if he’s headlining Park or West Holts think it’s unlikely he does his live set elsewhere on the farm.

If he does get West Holts hope he is substantially improving his lights/stage production from Primavera/Coachella, which as far as I’ve seen is just those videos he sticks on his instagram on a screen and a basic light set up - hugely gap between that and Bicep’s laser show from this year. 

8 hours ago, MaxPower said:

If he does get West Holts hope he is substantially improving his lights/stage production from Primavera/Coachella, which as far as I’ve seen is just those videos he sticks on his instagram on a screen and a basic light set up - hugely gap between that and Bicep’s laser show from this year. 

Another reason why he’s not ready for WH

17 hours ago, jannybruck said:

If you're into that check out Bicep who are similar but much less saccharine, Forest Swords or Actress if you want something a bit slower and darker, Overmon or Daniel Avery if you want something a bit harder.

Fred Again is.. fine I guess, but definitely broaden out a bit as there's much more interesting stuff going on in leftfield-ish UK electronic music.

Throw in Max Cooper too…

Hi, thought I'd pop this in here for electronica heads

Atomnation are doing a 25% discount through December on bandcamp. Pop in "2022" on checkout. Large rosta of artists.

Please not I have noting to do with this label and just spreading some December cheer.

Have bought several vinyls from them over time and a very big fan of Gidge.

I went to go see Bicep at Alexandra Palace last night. I love Bicep but I was semi-hesitant to go after seeing them twice on back-to-back nights at Brixton last year and then Glastonbury this year. 

Oh my god, so glad I did. Production was insane, they’ve really taken things to a whole new level. Also played a couple of new songs. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, gordong said:

I went to go see Bicep at Alexandra Palace last night. I love Bicep but I was semi-hesitant to go after seeing them twice on back-to-back nights at Brixton last year and then Glastonbury this year. 

Oh my god, so glad I did. Production was insane, they’ve really taken things to a whole new level. Also played a couple of new songs. 

Amazing. 

They'll be Other stage headliners in 2024/5 I reckon, whenever they bring out a new album.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

Amazing. 

They'll be Other stage headliners in 2024/5 I reckon, whenever they bring out a new album.

That is going to be fantastic. Absolutely killed it on WH this year.

4 new songs for ally pally (not sure if that Water one is included), they posted it on their instagram story.

Went to Daniel Avery's live show in London last night. Saw him at Primavera this year, so knew to expect great things, and it was indeed incredible. I think it's quite a limited tour run, but he'll surely be expanding it next year. Catch him when you can!

Was also a chance to try the shiny new venue, Here at Outernet, which I've been watching them build for years as I work nearby. Was pleasantly surprised - expecting it to be a bit corporate and vibe-free, but was actually pretty good. And the sound system and lighting were superb. Nice to have a venue back on Denmark Street again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gordong said:

Was going to behave myself this weekend, but this has convinced me to look for a ticket for tonights gig

Edited by slip-slop-slap
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gfa said:

That is going to be fantastic. Absolutely killed it on WH this year.

4 new songs for ally pally (not sure if that Water one is included), they posted it on their instagram story.

Missed the WH set as I saw Kenny instead, but had seen them twice in the 6 months before. 

The way the show has progressed so much in a short space of time, it would be off the scale in another year or two!!

19 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Missed the WH set as I saw Kenny instead, but had seen them twice in the 6 months before. 

The way the show has progressed so much in a short space of time, it would be off the scale in another year or two!!

I saw them at a brixton date and then felt WH was pretty similar so i guess i’d disagree. Cracking time regardless and thats the main thing

13 hours ago, SophieBee said:

Went to Daniel Avery's live show in London last night. Saw him at Primavera this year, so knew to expect great things, and it was indeed incredible. I think it's quite a limited tour run, but he'll surely be expanding it next year. Catch him when you can!

Was also a chance to try the shiny new venue, Here at Outernet, which I've been watching them build for years as I work nearby. Was pleasantly surprised - expecting it to be a bit corporate and vibe-free, but was actually pretty good. And the sound system and lighting were superb. Nice to have a venue back on Denmark Street again.

Really expecting/hoping for a live set from him at glasto this year (along with similar for Kelly Lee Owens and HAAi)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stanh said:

Terminal V in Scotland have just announced for April next year, would happily take a few of these names!

FjY_Jv0WYAAVSNe.thumb.jpg.6da021f98b017e7e87206d6bc4322f5b.jpg

Weirdly, I've found myself listening to a lot of harder techno recently like Dax J, SPF and 999999999, so I'd take the latter from that lot. And the other two tbf. Thought my tastes were slowing down. At this rate, this time next year I'll be all over Angerfist and Miss K8 

9 hours ago, stanh said:

Terminal V in Scotland have just announced for April next year, would happily take a few of these names!

FjY_Jv0WYAAVSNe.thumb.jpg.6da021f98b017e7e87206d6bc4322f5b.jpg

Really happy they’re still able to host this after all the incredibly unlucky cancellations they had. 

Would take loads of these on the farm for sure. Would like VTSS back on her own and in a late night slot. Jennifer Loveless and Taahliah would be great.

Hopefully that Folamour show happens this time

2 hours ago, pops1998 said:

Is it super wishful thinking to have some hope that Jamie xx might make an appearance? He’s playing a fest in the US on the Glasto Thurs, and then currently he has a big gap after that. So I don’t know if that can entirely rule him out 100% or not (you know, planes and all)

It’s unlikely as he’s in US but definitely possible. It’s hard to place him as he’s a stage headliner and unsure there’s any logical slot for him, other than West Holts headliner.

Not to further dampen your enthusiasm but many of us have seen him in the last few years and it’s very rare anyone in this thread expresses anything other than describing his sets as absolutely terrible. Worst festival headliner I’ve ever seen - generally reviews of his festival sets over the past 18 months have been very bad - so perhaps that also lessens the chances someone like the West Holts bookers has him as a headliner (particularly with Fred Again filling a similar role and having all the hype etc).

6 hours ago, MaxPower said:

It’s unlikely as he’s in US but definitely possible. It’s hard to place him as he’s a stage headliner and unsure there’s any logical slot for him, other than West Holts headliner.

Not to further dampen your enthusiasm but many of us have seen him in the last few years and it’s very rare anyone in this thread expresses anything other than describing his sets as absolutely terrible. Worst festival headliner I’ve ever seen - generally reviews of his festival sets over the past 18 months have been very bad - so perhaps that also lessens the chances someone like the West Holts bookers has him as a headliner (particularly with Fred Again filling a similar role and having all the hype etc).

Each to their own - I’ve been to a fair amount of Jamie xx sets over the last 8 or so years and always had the absolute time of my life and know many others who feel the same!! Guess it’s all subjective at the end of the day 🙂

7 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Speaking off - absolutely went off at Brixton last night.

Enjoy all seeing him tonight and tomorrow!