Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

6 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Tried to think of my favourite electronic tracks of the year and got to about 20, so instead of narrowing them down here they are 

Burial, Four Tet - Nova
Pangaea - Fuzzy Logic 
Overmono - Gunk  
HAAi - Baby We're Ascending
Daniel Avery, HAAi - Wall Of Sleep
Two Shell - Home
Two Shell - Ghosts 
Bonobo, Jordan Rakei - Shadows 
KH - Lookin At Your Pager 
Shanti Celeste - Cutie 
El Columpio Asesino - Toro (I Hate Models Speed Up Revival Edit of Andre VII RMX)
Dukwa - Prune 
Skin on Skin - Burning Bridges (Nia Archives Edit)
Vladimir Dubyshkin - No Tell Motel 
Four Tet, Fred Again - Baby Again 
Harvey McKay - Elves Playground 
DJ HEARTSTRING - Don't Stop The Night 
DJ HEARTSTRING - Dancing With Somebody 
pinkpanthress - Just For Me (salute edit) 
Mathew Jonson - Marionette (Shanti Celeste remix)

Loads I love there and some I don’t know, so that’s the afternoon’s listening sorted! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Tried to think of my favourite electronic tracks of the year and got to about 20, so instead of narrowing them down here they are 

Burial, Four Tet - Nova
Pangaea - Fuzzy Logic 
Overmono - Gunk  
Two Shell - Home
Two Shell - Ghosts 
Shanti Celeste - Cutie 
El Columpio Asesino - Toro (I Hate Models Speed Up Revival Edit of Andre VII RMX)
Dukwa - Prune 

Top list. Might try to cobble my own together.

On 12/18/2022 at 8:10 AM, Mezhyp1 said:

Burial, Four Tet - Nova
Pangaea - Fuzzy Logic 
Overmono - Gunk  
Two Shell - Home
Two Shell - Ghosts 
Shanti Celeste - Cutie 
Dukwa - Prune 

Here's some of my best of (including 2022 remixes of older tracks), in no particular order:

Luciid - Paro Hour

Orbital - Are We Here? (Dusky remix)

Phantom Express - The Rhythm

Yotto & Something Good - Rhythm Of The Night

Radio Slave - Stay Out All Night

HAAi - Baby, We're Ascending

Sub Focus & Culture Shock - Recombine

Hankook - Chaos

Koenig Cylinders - 99.9 (John Selway remix)

Kleu - Rudy, A Message To You

Shee - Disco Machine Sound

Martin Badder - Control (Origin8a & Propa remix)

Sub Focus - Do It To It 

Todd Terry & Riva Starr - This Is The Sound

Justice - Planisphere Part III

Romy, HAAI & Fred Again - Lights Out (HAAi remix)

Bou - Camels

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Isaaclk said:

Thought this might be an appropriate question for this thread as this music genre benefits most from heavy soundsystems. What stage or venue do you think hold the best sound experience at glastonbury?

I've only done the one so couldn't tell you, but what I can say is theres so many its hard to give a definitive best and also it will change year to year. For example Other always had bad sound (i was told) but they really sorted it out for the 2022 fest.

Less factors at play for smaller venues though so less riddled with issues. Not Arcadia.

2 hours ago, Isaaclk said:

Thought this might be an appropriate question for this thread as this music genre benefits most from heavy soundsystems. What stage or venue do you think hold the best sound experience at glastonbury?

Of the big stages West Holts sound the best imo. The Other stage and pyramid can be affected by wind if you're far back. Of the smaller stages I think IICON probably has the best sound now. The old Funktion One setup on the old Glade Stage (rip) was the best on site but they've rejigged the glade and that stage is different now and I'm unsure if Funktion one are still doing any of the sound systems in the glade but would love to know if anybody has more info?

23 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

The Despacio setup in Silver Hayes a few years back was a lot of fun. 

The sound on Genosys (RIP) was always crisp, too. Can't remember what the bus was like this year, wasn't feeling it. Still sulking from the original stage getting axed.

I don't care what anyone says, that bus was a piss poor replacement for the epicness that was the Genosys, I really hope it was just temporary cost cutting post covid and the proper stage setup makes a return, it was so unique.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Madyaker said:

I don't care what anyone says, that bus was a piss poor replacement for the epicness that was the Genosys, I really hope it was just temporary cost cutting post covid and the proper stage setup makes a return, it was so unique.

Agreed. The original stage got mouldy during the years off and was unusable, apparently. The bus felt like it was hastily put together and labelled as a celebration of DIY culture. It was always going to be a shadow of the gloriously dystopian behemoth that was Genosys. Whether it returns this year, I have no idea. Sadly we lost a regular poster with extremely close links to the SEC during the issues on here over the past few months, he would definitely know. 

I know our illustrious leader @bennyhana22 was distraught at the loss of Genosys. When he's ready to return, it'd be great to get his feedback on the replacement bus service. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Agreed. The original stage got mouldy during the years off and was unusable, apparently. The bus felt like it was hastily put together and labelled as a celebration of DIY culture. It was always going to be a shadow of the gloriously dystopian behemoth that was Genosys. Whether it returns this year, I have no idea. Sadly we lost a regular poster with extremely close links to the SEC during the issues on here over the past few months, he would definitely know. 

I know our illustrious leader @bennyhana22 was distraught at the loss of Genosys. When he's ready to return, it'd be great to get his feedback on the replacement bus service. 

When I messaged Block9 team when they first announced the Genosys bus (late May time), they replied to me saying that the usual Genosys would be back in 2023

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

When I messaged Block9 team when they first announced the Genosys bus (late May time), they replied to me saying that the usual Genosys would be back in 2023

Hope this is true!

Quite enjoyed the bus from the first time perspective, was there from about 4am-6am sat night/sun morn. No clue who i saw 😂

29 minutes ago, gfa said:

Hope this is true!

Quite enjoyed the bus from the first time perspective, was there from about 4am-6am sat night/sun morn. No clue who i saw 😂

Felix Dickinson always closes that stage on Monday morning and since my first Glasto in 2016 I've always been there for his set, usually on my own because my mates are long gone to bed but it's always a special vibe, I hope they keep that tradition going.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Felix Dickinson always closes that stage on Monday morning and since my first Glasto in 2016 I've always been there for his set, usually on my own because my mates are long gone to bed but it's always a special vibe, I hope they keep that tradition going.

This is the set that wipes out the next week for me, but it's so worth it

28 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Defo think that Skrillex @ Arcadia could happen, not sure I'd be there but would get a decent crowd I reckon

b2b four tet and fred again would be rammed i think