Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

18 hours ago, mcshed said:

There were a load of TBAs on the line-up and obviously most of them weren't anyone special, the photo isn't mine we were walking along the railway track at the time and there were a few people standing gawping we stopped for a bit but assumed it wasn't really him and moved on it wasn't until poking around on here after the event that I found out it was actually him.

Spike is good for a late night set, 2019 saw Irvine Welsh in fake moustache and Borussia Dortmund tracksuit putting on a bad German accent and playing some acid house.

You should see the moustache I’m sporting tonight after shaving off my three month beard

9 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I have just dj'd at Hidden in Manchester - warming up for Bushwacka. He is self confirmed... I asked him re Glastonbury.

"Its all up in the air. 1 is a new stage, that my mate is doing. Other set is in the Glade area"

He did a set after Sasha and Digweed last time. 1-2/3am I think. Might be that sort of thing. 

12 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I have just dj'd at Hidden in Manchester - warming up for Bushwacka. He is self confirmed... I asked him re Glastonbury.

"Its all up in the air. 1 is a new stage, that my mate is doing. Other set is in the Glade area"

That's interesting, I wonder what the new stage is? SEC I'm guessing.

15 minutes ago, incident said:

To be fair, I think the SEC has had at least a couple of new (or refreshed and branded as new) stages every festival for the last 15 years, so it'd be no shock to see something there.

I think something a bit more major than a new stage or 2 possible 

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I think something a bit more major than a new stage or 2 possible 

Dunno.

I think after all the more-substantial-than-usual changes in 2019 (Pangea, Pier, IICON), and with some further changes likely to be enforced by crews moving on, I'd expect the festival to try stabilise rather than make any proactive changes. Especially given they've just had 2 unplanned years without income so budgets will be tight.

My best guess is that any new venues will be slotted in as like for like replacements without anything that involves a significant layout change.

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

This .. might mean some changes in its own right and new creative ideas … it comes from something I heard a while back so not sure how relevant it is any longer 

have we had any info on what's replacing the Beat Hotel yet/ when we can expect to hear?

On 3/12/2022 at 2:52 AM, Mezhyp1 said:

I don't think there's an electronic producer/producers doing anything even close to what Overmono have done since probably late 2019. That new track is insane 

So fucking good.

Still not caught them yet, but they're playing Forwards in Bristol in September so will definitely see them there (if not before, or at Glasto).

On 3/8/2022 at 5:49 PM, eyelovefests said:

I constantly get lost in Hidden somehow. I’ve been probably 10 times and always end up confused. Not sure how, it’s not even a big place 

On 3/8/2022 at 5:37 PM, bennyhana22 said:

It's a nicely grimy warehousey feel. Three rooms available, ground floor big room, then one upstairs and a pretty small one downstairs. 

Sound upstairs is my favourite. In fact it's the best room for me. The big room can feel weird if you're at the back as it's a thoroughfare to get to all other parts of the venue so the constant movement of people can be distracting. Also, at the back of that room the sound is a bit shit. Work your way up the left wall facing the booth and cut in from there to be well positioned for the speakers. Downstairs was too packed to move and VTSS was playing 145bpm mindless shite, so I can't comment on what it's really like in there. But I like the venue. Our Lord Jeff Mills is playing there soon. Not going but sorely wish I was. I just can't always go to MCR (from SW of Birmingham) every time I go out! Have a brilliant night. 

And, this thread is on FIRE 🔥, folks. Love it. 

Ben

Had a really good night on Saturday for the Global Underground thingy. Bushwacka!, Dave Seaman and Darren Emerson and @FuzzyDunlop all playing great sets.

Liked the venue, although only one room was open. Was MEGA hot in there, but thankfully there was some colder chill-out spaces to cool down a bit. As @eyelovefests also says, did get lost at times and started wandering into areas I shouldn’t have been!

Very much a friendly, older crowd in that night and had some good chats. When I ventured out that night I was not expecting to have a conversation about Coventry City’s Maltese striker from the late 00s, Michael Mifsud, with a Blackburn Rovers fan.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Had a really good night on Saturday for the Global Underground thingy. Bushwacka!, Dave Seaman and Darren Emerson and @FuzzyDunlop all playing great sets.

Liked the venue, although only one room was open. Was MEGA hot in there, but thankfully there was some colder chill-out spaces to cool down a bit. As @eyelovefests also says, did get lost at times and started wandering into areas I shouldn’t have been!

Very much a friendly, older crowd in that night and had some good chats. When I ventured out that night I was not expecting to have a conversation about Coventry City’s Maltese striker from the late 00s, Michael Mifsud, with a Blackburn Rovers fan.

Thanks a lot! The monitors were not the best in there. I like the venue though. Majefa is always a friendly night. The next one is going to be massive. My mate is the promoter. I can't reveal yet... but it will be a big one!

• Upvote 1