• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

I completely agree. But I would like to think, that no matter how outspoken and self centered he is, that he knows Glasto isn't just another show......... the press would hammer him if he ranted for 15 minutes.

I think that he will make a reference to ranting and will get a few laughs and then HOPEFULLY carries on as normal......

but then again, its Kanye West and there's no saying what he will do. Lets just hope he's not that stupid.

But thats it, he knows it's Glasto, anything he does will be eaten whole by the media and bad gets more publicity than good!

Kim on stage for a 3 song mini set?

Hologram of himslef singing the hits?

15 minute Punch and Judy show with him doing the voices?

considering caroline lucas was booed and heckled for daring to discuss green issues at glastonbury, I dont think the 99% white crowd will take kindly to someone preaching this message to them

I don't really think she was booed for the issues she was discussing. She was booed partly because someone decided to put her on while people were waiting for Wu Tang Clan (not the best choice, perhaps), and partly because her delivery was very dry, and quite 'preachy'. If she'd had a different crowd and/or presented her argument in a more accessible way, she probably would've got a far better response.

Given the situation in the States at the minute between the black community and cops, which gets worse by the day as each new killing or video becomes public, I'd be amazed if he doesn't take the opportunity to have his say on the biggest stage there is.

Maybe it's too sensitive a situation?

I'd say from a UK perspective it's almost-irrelevant situation.

If he's gonna rant and keep the crowd, he'll at least need to be ranting about something the crowd can relate to.

Hi guys, wonder if someone could answer me something about last year......?

I didn't follow the threads as much last year but as far as I'm aware, even though Metallica wasn't announced, it was "known" it was them...... How did it become known?! Was it guess work like this year or did something actually come out? I can't believe how much more secretive it is this year! I genuinely couldn't even hazard a guess haha It's roundabouts every time I look at this thread!

Last year the Metallica thing came from a number of directions.

The first was Michael Eavis getting randomly asked in the previous November by the daughter of one of the posters here. It was suggested in the xmas edition of Q Mag ... and then I got a wealth of 'secret' info from a variety of different sources which was ultimately so overwhelming it had to be them (I don't just believe it by default tho; it depends who it comes from, etc, etc).

The man has been living up his own arse for a long, long time. I love that about him. I know it's bizarre, but I find it fascinating that he can be so utterly oblivious to anything or anyone else other than himself. I liken it much to how I perceive Prince to be. They live in their own world where they get and do whatever they want, only on their terms.

Have you seen the youtube clip of Kevin Smith talking about his Prince experience. Very enlightening and very funny.

I think the quote I remember was from one of Prince's people... "The thing you have to remember is, he's been living on Planet Prince for a very long time.'

Alex James and Graham Coxon are on Paul O'Grady and Alex James says they're playing Hyde Park and IoW (as we all know) but said the lineup included Fleetwood Mac, Pharrell Williams (who we know are playing there) and oddly Florence and the Machine. Probably just a mistake on his part though.

Edited by aidenlangan95

Metallica became TBC on the day of the initial announcement last year.

One of the reasons why they weren't TBC before that is that they weren't certain to be headlining for a long while. I knew for certain (as certain as I can ever be, anyway) that they were playing a while before that, but it wasn't until the first announcement I was certain (same priviso) that they were playing the Pyramid.

That was because Prince was in the mix until a short while before that announcement.

One of the reasons why they weren't TBC before that is that they weren't certain to be headlining for a long while. I knew for certain (as certain as I can ever be, anyway) that they were playing a while before that, but it wasn't until the first announcement I was certain (same priviso) that they were playing the Pyramid.

That was because Prince was in the mix until a short while before that announcement.

Oh yeah that was just in response to the person who asked; wasn't disputing what was said in your post.

I reckon Depeche Mode would be able to headline without too many people being shocked/disappointed to be honest. I also think Taylor Swift could probably just about headline most years but not this year as I think people would kick up even more of a fuss if it was Taylor and Kanye (I know hip hop and pop are completely different but I don't think a lot of moaners would see it that way...)

I'd love it to be Depeche Mode. Not sure how well known they are with younger folk though.

Have you seen the youtube clip of Kevin Smith talking about his Prince experience. Very enlightening and very funny.

I think the quote I remember was from one of Prince's people... "The thing you have to remember is, he's been living on Planet Prince for a very long time.'

That is exactly what I was drawing from. Someone linked the video on here about 500 pages ago. Despite being half an hour long it flew by. Utterly hilarious. The bit about wanting a camel at 3am or something was brilliant.

I've a feeling Kanye is similar in that regard. I really hope he doesn't rant for an extended period of time. I reckon there's more chance of hell freezing over