• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

An article a year ago when Damon was solo and before Blur got back together and started recording. It's just off the cuff chatting for the NME. It's well documented by tabloids and the NME. Y'know, media with papers to sell. Just like the 'Oasis reunion' stories.

"it would be fair to say, we have discussed it at least once". At least once! I take it all back, Noel is defo subbing Blur now.

Alex James:

"They've been best buddies ever since," Alex admitted to Jon on the XFM Breakfast Show. Damon has recently confessed that he and Noel have discussed potentially collaborating.

"I think it's a lovely, lovely ending, they have got quite a lot in common and they obviously enjoy each other's company," Alex continued. "So it's a nice way to end.

"I think I still annoy him a bit, I really try not to."

Alex James:

"They've been best buddies ever since," Alex admitted to Jon on the XFM Breakfast Show. Damon has recently confessed that he and Noel have discussed potentially collaborating.

"I think it's a lovely, lovely ending, they have got quite a lot in common and they obviously enjoy each other's company," Alex continued. "So it's a nice way to end.

"I think I still annoy him a bit, I really try not to."

And yet, despite being solo artists for a while, they have produced diddly squat in the way of a collaboration. Damon instead decided to get back with the rest of Blur and record an album that's the polar opposite of Dad rock Noel.

If it wasn't for a brief moment in the 90's when the press invented the rivalry and they briefly occupied a vaguely similar musical sphere, Oasis and Blur's path would never have crossed. Totally different musical outputs.

Playing together at the same festival is plausible. A man with Noel's ego subbing Blur isn't.

Talk about collaborating is just paper talk and pre Blur reforming. Never going to happen. Blur's current album and Noel's dad rock couldn't be more different.

Talk about collaborating was from one of them. We'll see, personally I don't think Noel would turn down Glastonbury over playing below a band he's performed with. It would be cracking publicity for everyone involved including those with new albums and tickets to sell

Talk about collaborating was from one of them. We'll see, personally I don't think Noel would turn down Glastonbury over playing below a band he's performed with. It would be cracking publicity for everyone involved including those with new albums and tickets to sell

But Blur don't need the publicity? they've just reformed, dropped a new album, headlining BST and IOW. Got plenty of press on their own.

But Blur don't need the publicity? they've just reformed, dropped a new album, headlining BST and IOW. Got plenty of press on their own.

Yeah, headlining Glasto with Noel subbing would get no publicity and earn zero album and ticket sales. You are right. They really wouldn't want that kind of publicity.

I reckon Chris Martin is organising an all star show of collaborations the like of which Glastonbury has never witnessed. With walk on roles for everyone who has been mentioned in this thread that is available on the Sunday night.

I'm off to bed to dream about that now.

And yet, despite being solo artists for a while, they have produced diddly squat in the way of a collaboration. Damon instead decided to get back with the rest of Blur and record an album that's the polar opposite of Dad rock Noel.

If it wasn't for a brief moment in the 90's when the press invented the rivalry and they briefly occupied a vaguely similar musical sphere, Oasis and Blur's path would never have crossed. Totally different musical outputs.

Not saying they will ever work together, but I certainly wouldn't rule out Noel ever subbing them. I would imagine he would be happy to sub an artist he respects at an event like Glastonbury. The only problem is whether Noel only see's himself as a headliner now. I don't see why he should mind. Oasis are my favourite band (Blur 3rd/4th), but Noel on his own should be subbing Glastonbury for me. I don't think it will happen, but if Blur and Noel were announced on the same day, I think a big percentage of people going would be made up.

I reckon Chris Martin is organising an all star show of collaborations the like of which Glastonbury has never witnessed. With walk on roles for everyone who has been mentioned in this thread that is available on the Sunday night.

I'm off to bed to dream about that now.

What do u mean like Muse and AC/DC ha ha ha it's funny because everyone keeps saying it and everyone has been making the same joke for the past 500 pages !!!!!! :')))))

Not saying they will ever work together, but I certainly wouldn't rule out Noel ever subbing them. I would imagine he would be happy to sub an artist he respects at an event like Glastonbury. The only problem is whether Noel only see's himself as a headliner now. I don't see why he should mind. Oasis are my favourite band (Blur 3rd/4th), but Noel on his own should be subbing Glastonbury for me. I don't think it will happen, but if Blur and Noel were announced on the same day, I think a big percentage of people going would be made up.

I think all that is likely is Noel to come out with Blur for Tender. He came out at TCT in what you could call 2nd fiddle so he was happy to be an extra. Subbing them when Noel will know business wise who the bigger deal is won't bother him at all.

On a side note, something I have noticed is last year the middle of that poster had 18th acts on it, only 14 this time.