• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

The below was off the roses forum, probably bs but thought I'd post anyway

"I think it is more than safe to post, now the cat is pretty much out of the hat.

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds will be special guests of the Stone Roses and play directly before them on the bill. Apparently Noel agreed to the deal although he was originally slated as sole headliner. Finally."

Noels tour dates have changed on his site.

Rock Werchter (25th - 28th June, Noel's Date TBC)

Werchter, Belgium

I think it means something regarding glastonbury

Nah that's been like that for ages. Not sure how it changes anything anyway given it says he's playing the Saturday.

The below was off the roses forum, probably bs but thought I'd post anyway

"I think it is more than safe to post, now the cat is pretty much out of the hat.

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds will be special guests of the Stone Roses and play directly before them on the bill. Apparently Noel agreed to the deal although he was originally slated as sole headliner. Finally."

It's nothing new though is it, they did all this at v festival 2012, Noel subbing Stone Roses, not a bad evening but it was 3 years ago.

If this is what all the cloak and dagger is really about it'll be an underwhelming announcement come June 1st.

I thought (if we're taking Eavis' quotes from last week at face value) he said the headliners have played before?

He did say that yes, I think the top two are out of Blur, The Libs and Noel but I also think The Libs would open Friday if at all. Having played before could still count as Pete and Carl in various ways.

I'm not taking Michael's comments as gospel, to be honest. I will put faith in what Neil has said about the headliner in question having other shows, though and Emily's wording making it seem that it's a band, rather than a solo artist. Everything appears to point towards Blur as seems to have been the case since the eve of the ETC final.

The only way I could see it being the Stone Roses is if they announce dates imminently, or the meaning of 'having other shows' relates more to their intentions to announce a series of dates at the same time as Glastonbury, and not until they were ready to do so. Not seeing that as likely at all.

The Men That Will Not Be Blamed For Nothing posted on facebook yesterday "we have been offered / confirmed for a slot".

Now THAT would be in line with "doing something different" and I would finally make the effort to see a Pyramid headliner. Have managed to avoid all of them for the past two years.

Christ, people are STILL hanging on to the idea that the Stone Roses will record, edit, produce and release a new album, announce new shows, sell the tickets for those shows, rehearse the new songs and the old stuff, play those shows and play Glastonbury? All within the next two months?

It's nothing new though is it, they did all this at v festival 2012, Noel subbing Stone Roses, not a bad evening but it was 3 years ago.

If this is what all the cloak and dagger is really about it'll be an underwhelming announcement come June 1st.

Yeezy subbed by Pharrell is last years wireless lineup.

Glastonbury really going over the top with it's recycling ideas