Acid_Haze

Well no, actually, you're wrong. Rage only played 4th down on that day because they fancied Kelly Jones. Why would they play below someone if they didn't want to suck them off?

It's quoted in the Rage lyrics, so it must have had quite an impact on Zac:

Anger on the streets, burning up the city,

Damn that Kelly Jones mouth is pretty.

He once sucked me off at Reading.

I'm just generally angry.

• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

It's possible IMO but they'd be the 'penultimate act'

Aye I agree with that. Not sure on where they would stand with the fee they would get though. Would give the festival a strong finish if they were subbing Blur.

What even is Keithy's point now? He originally said Noel won't sub Blur because he wished AIDS on them, which is fair enough

yes that is exactly what I said. Well done.

My point is that there's not a hope in hell that Noel will sub Blur. The man's ego won't allow it. He'd want to headline Glastonbury. The idea he might phone up and say " I'm happy to play anywhere" is frankly glastonbury romanticism of the highest order! If that was the case, why's he not played solo before?

Aside from the fact that Noel subbing Blur would be a depressingly unimaginative booking from Eavis. They've already got Dad Rock with the Foo's.

The counter argument seems to be 'Damon and Noel get on', 'the played a song together once' and the NME story where they'd discussed a collaboration 'more than once' and the publicity would be good. It's just wishful fan thinking that it'll happen.

Edited by Keithy

How many hits does Kanye have that DO NOT feature another artist ?

About half of them do but I guess that is partly because lots of them have singers doing the chorus because he can't really sing (though unfortunately he has been doing so more and more)... But they are still his songs on his albums (except Run This Town that I listed, which is Jay-Z's so fair enough there).

Hadn't realised how many Kanye songs have 'guests'. How does this translate into a live performance? Do they just play the guest vocals off tape or backing singers cover it?

The sooner he is completely wiped from the rumour mill the better, he can't be far off it, it's not going to be macca

I personally don't think it's him either but obviously there isn't going to be that many US tour date's announced as he has Roskilde to get back for early July, but as he's not playing until the 4th July, flying in by the 1st, even the 2nd would be fine.

My point is that there's not a hope in hell that Noel will sub Blur. The man's ego won't allow it. He'd want to headline Glastonbury. The idea he might phone up and say " I'm happy to play anywhere" is frankly glastonbury romanticism of the highest order! If that was the case, why's he not played solo before?

How is Noel these days? You must know him pretty well to be able to gauge his reaction to such a proposal.

Oasis wouldn't sub to Blur (and vice versa most likely) but we're not talking about Oasis here. Noel will be aware that the HFB are a different proposition and I think for that reason he would be prepared to go on before them.

He does have an ego and I'd imagine he'd be pushing for both acts to be announced together as opposed to Bluer being held back for the 'big' announcement. That way it can kinda be spun as the co-headliner thing when in truth he'd be subbing.

Hadn't realised how many Kanye songs have 'guests'. How does this translate into a live performance? Do they just play the guest vocals off tape or backing singers cover it?

For most songs it is played off tape (like the video here) but for a couple he will probably get the guest singer to come along, especially as its Glastonbury. Just depends how much he wants the limelight to be shared with someone like Rihanna.

Aside from the fact that Noel subbing Blur would be a depressingly unimaginative booking from Eavis. They've already got Dad Rock with the Foo's.

The counter argument seems to be 'Damon and Noel get on', 'the played a song together once' and the NME story where they'd discussed a collaboration 'more than once' and the publicity would be good. It's just wishful fan thinking that it'll happen.

How can you possibly know how he would react?

He subbed T the other year under Stone Roses, and seems to be a regular punter at Glasto, so why wouldn't he sub? Obv that might be wrong and he's had another album out since then, but I just don't see how you can be like 'oh he definitely wouldn't sub'

How can you possibly know how he would react?

He subbed T the other year under Stone Roses, and seems to be a regular punter at Glasto, so why wouldn't he sub? Obv that might be wrong and he's had another album out since then, but I just don't see how you can be like 'oh he definitely wouldn't sub'

I think given he's headlining everywhere else in the UK he'd want to be billed as a headliner but I don't think there would be a big problem if he was to play before Blur but still be classed as more than a sub.

The main point I don't get is Keithy's "why's he not played solo before" one given he was only touring in 2012 with his first High Flying Birds album.

Have we all (including it seems Neil) forgotten Neil's speculation that Noel caused ME ill-health in '08 so isn't exactly their favourite person on earth

Since then Michael has said Oasis would be one of his ideal headliners so I doubt that is an issue.

My brother said that noel was quoted as saying he'd only sub someone absolutely legendary in his eyes at this point in his career now, that's not blur.

He cut one of his sets short earlier this year to go see prince at koko, He'd sub for prince. His words at that gig was "I'm not doing an encore because I'm off to see the purple genius, nobody can argue with the purple one".

My brother is clutching at straws at this point as apparently kanye was signed to play backstage at his koko gig, so my brother thinks so were prince and noel and that's it's being kept under wraps.

He's going to be so disappointed