Acid_Haze

Alex James and Graham Coxon are on Paul O'Grady and Alex James says they're playing Hyde Park and IoW (as we all know) but said the lineup included Fleetwood Mac, Pharrell Williams (who we know are playing there) and oddly Florence and the Machine. Probably just a mistake on his part though.

That's no mistake! It's 100% Blur in my mind

• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

unless flo is yet to be announced for isle of wight? seems unlikely tho...deffo weird he mentioned her tho!

Nowhere she can play and is already announced for the only festival she can. MB stated she was only playing one and made a point that he couldn't book them. It'd look rather shit on him if IOW went and announced them. There is no confirmation but I'd not be surprised if it was a purposeful to see who picked up on it, name a selection from both festivals.

Nowhere she can play and is already announced for the only festival she can. MB stated she was only playing one and made a point that he couldn't book them. It'd look rather shit on him if IOW went and announced them. There is no confirmation but I'd not be surprised if it was a purposeful to see who picked up on it, name a selection from both festivals.

is she playing any fests abroad that blur are playing?

So looking at.

Foo's

Flo

Motorhead

George Ezra

Alabama Shakes

James Bay

Courtney Barnett

The Libertines?

Deadmau5

Rudimental

Kanye

Pharrell

Van Morrison

Paloma Faith

rockier act

Ben Howard

Blur?

Noel G?

Alt-J

Lionel

Hozier

The Chem Bros

Jamie T

Saturday Pyramid is just painful overall!

Just a quick edit of this :)

Edited by thewayiam

Just a quick edit of this :)

Agreed with most of this, except if The Libs aren't part of Sunday's top two I don't think they'll be there. Add Courtney Barnett to Friday Pyramid and move Ben Howard up to Other headliner and that's my guess.

Edit: Unless Mary J. Blige is on Pyramid (which I thought she would be before this talk of Sunday's top two still to be announced. In which case I'd stick her third down and do some reshuffling.

Edited by Will-2609

The idea of Noel Gallagher, the man with a huge ego, subbing Blur, led by a man he wished aids on, is absurd in the extreme.

This Noel subbing Blur is just people creating their own wishful thinking headliners based on their musical tastes. Utterly no basis in reality. I love the idea that Chris Martin might have talked him in to it. That is some vivid imagination people have on here.

Ok so I think:

Blur will headline: Playing IoW being the major problem.

Foals will sub: Picture on Instagram. Not playing any other UK festivals but playing EU festivals. Want to make sure that they will have new material for Glasto (and so maybe asked if they can be announced later? This is pure speculation, not fact)

Two British acts on Sunday where Foals are big enough to be a band who could headline but isn't (like Flo)

Chris Martin was involved in getting Kanye on side to playing Glasto (and not as we are thinking which is that he is involved in getting at least one of these two Sunday bands.)

Can't remember any other info given by Michael recently though, so feel free to ignore/disagree.

Edited by aidenlangan95

The idea of Noel Gallagher, the man with a huge ego, subbing Blur, led by a man he wished aids on, is absurd in the extreme.

This Noel subbing Blur is just people creating their own wishful thinking headliners based on their musical tastes. Utterly no basis in reality. I love the idea that Chris Martin might have talked him in to it. That is some vivid imagination people have on here.

ok mate

they've played together since, they obvs get on now

Ok so I think:

Blur will headline: IoW exclusive being the major problem.

Foals will sub: Picture on Instagram. Not playing any other UK festivals but playing EU festivals. Want to make sure that they will have new material for Glasto (and so maybe asked if they can be announced later? This is pure speculation, not fact)

Two British acts on Sunday where Foals are big enough to be a band who could headline but isn't (like Flo)

Chris Martin was involved in getting Kanye on side to playing Glasto (and not as we are thinking which is that he is involved in getting at least one of these two Sunday bands.)

Can't remember any other info given by Michael recently though, so feel free to ignore.

Why would holding Foals back affect whether they'll have new material for the festival?

Foals aren't big enough to headline yet. Maybe after a new album, but they subbed the Other Stage in 2013 and have done nothing since (and won't have by the time of the festival).

Why would holding Foals back affect whether they'll have new material for the festival?

Foals aren't big enough to headline yet. Maybe after a new album, but they subbed the Other Stage in 2013 and have done nothing since (and won't have by the time of the festival).

They are recording. I'm not saying it's likely. It's just my thoughts about it.

Edited by aidenlangan95

Agreed with most of this, except if The Libs aren't part of Sunday's top two I don't think they'll be there. Add Courtney Barnett to Friday Pyramid and move Ben Howard up to Other headliner and that's my guess.

Edit: Unless Mary J. Blige is on Pyramid (which I thought she would be before this talk of Sunday's top two still to be announced. In which case I'd stick her third down and do some reshuffling.

Just add Courtney Barnett in the 7th place where there is a gap. It looked like she would be but I guess if they've literally mixed it up this year that it's not that easy to predict, she could easily be a WHs header. Unless Motorhead are 4th Friday and Alabama Shakes are 3rd Other Friday?

Ok so I think:

Blur will headline: IoW exclusive being the major problem.

Can't remember any other info given by Michael recently though, so feel free to ignore.

For a start, Blur are not an IOW exclusive, they are not exclusive anywhere this year.

Secondly, Foals are NOT a band big enough to headline, not even close in terms of Glastonbury.

Chris Martin I doubt was involved in getting Kanye on side, judging by his comments are his announcement, he didn't need the encouragement. I think he's wanted to do it for a while now.

Edited by thewayiam

Just add Courtney Barnett in the 7th place where there is a gap.

For a start, Blur are not an IOW exclusive, they are not exclusive anywhere this year.

Secondly, Foals are NOT a band big enough to headline, not even close in terms of Glastonbury.

Chris Martin I doubt was involved in getting Kanye on side, judging by his comments are his announcement, he didn't need the encouragement. I think he's wanted to do it for a while now.

Editted as I realised my error with Blur and exclusivity.

And Foals have headlined some smaller festivals (Latitude and Bestival), been 3rd at Reading, which is very similar to Florence. So I think they are definitely big enough to sub and possibly have the first push by Glastonbury to headline a major festival like Muse had so a few years ago. So I'm going to suggest we agree to disagree about that point.