• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

Neil, when you say the act has definitely been held back due to other shows, I'm assuming you just mean the headliner, and not the sub?

I'm assuming it's probably the case with the sub as well, but is your info just about the headliner?

Yep, my info is specifically about just the headliner, tho it might well be the same with the sub.

you're making the mistake of thinking the object is to get the best acts possible to headline. It's not.

It's to get the best possible line-up across all stages with the budget available - with that putting limits on how much will go on the headliners, and the price of one headliner impacting onto who the other headliners might be.

Within all of the parameters they have to work to Noel was indisputably the best option they had otherwise they would have booked the better option - but that's something that applies to *every* headliner that *any* festival ever books.

I probably am and I won't question that as you know far more than me about all of this. I get what you say about booking the best possible across the weekend but on any given year, I can't remember when an act for a smaller festival has headlined a major one the same year. All I know of is when an act at a major fest has been given a different slot at another major fest.

Oh, I am not denying that Noel is the best of what they had, I'm kind of agreeing with. That's what I meant by I'd extend that thought to that's all they had I guess.

The lack of exclusivity from R and L for the Libertines still makes me think.

I know they are playing Scotland but even then they tend to try and do English and Wales Exclusives and no mention of that.

They could have even put exclusivity claims on them if they were the other stage opener.

I am still going for Libertines as sub being held back for this reason (unless they are being held back for bestival) and Blur for the discussed reasons

The lack of exclusivity from R and L for the Libertines still makes me think.

I know they are playing Scotland but even then they tend to try and do English and Wales Exclusives and no mention of that.

They could have even put exclusivity claims on them if they were the other stage opener.

I am still going for Libertines as sub being held back for this reason (unless they are being held back for bestival) and Blur for the discussed reasons

Yeah the Libertines thing makes sense, and it's very strange how they haven't claimed any exclusivity. I also agree that they'd still claim exclusivity if they were doing a secret set.

How tough is it for them to get over for Sunday night after their gig in Russia (or somewhere) the night before?

Yeah the Libertines thing makes sense, and it's very strange how they haven't claimed any exclusivity. I also agree that they'd still claim exclusivity if they were doing a secret set.

How tough is it for them to get over for Sunday night after their gig in Russia (or somewhere) the night before?

Easy - when everton played in Ukraine i remember seeing on their twitter they'd arrived back way quicker than id have expected. can just fly over night and even make it in time to spend the afternoon at the festival

Neil, when you say the act has definitely been held back due to other shows, I'm assuming you just mean the headliner, and not the sub?

I'm assuming it's probably the case with the sub as well, but is your info just about the headliner?

This is my thought too, there probably just isn't as much emphasis on the booking of the sub as much and to be honest before yesterday we didn't have it confirmed there would be another sub, everyone on here and I'd imagine social media sites jumped to that conclusion too. There is this whole, is there another Other headliner to come and the argument why hold them back but I think in this case, although being separate acts they may just fit hand in hand and the announcement of both of them together will get a buzz. I'm presuming that both of them are in the June drop and the sub won't be in the May breakdown.

Personally I don't feel one of them is Taylor, definitely by May they could announce that and I'd not see by her promoters would hold back. I don't feel it's FM either. I can see how Blur randomly wouldn't come across too big but to announce Blur and Noel (kind of the TWO of their time) would be pretty big and people will suspect there will be a collaboration. As Neil said, what Emily said was that there will be two acts, she didn't rule out the idea that there could still be a link up between them two.

This is my thought too, there probably just isn't as much emphasis on the booking of the sub as much and to be honest before yesterday we didn't have it confirmed there would be another sub, everyone on here and I'd imagine social media sites jumped to that conclusion too. There is this whole, is there another Other headliner to come and the argument why hold them back but I think in this case, although being separate acts they may just fit hand in hand and the announcement of both of them together will get a buzz. I'm presuming that both of them are in the June drop and the sub won't be in the May breakdown.

Personally I don't feel one of them is Taylor, definitely by May they could announce that and I'd not see by her promoters would hold back. I don't feel it's FM either. I can see how Blur randomly wouldn't come across too big but to announce Blur and Noel (kind of the TWO of their time) would be pretty big and people will suspect there will be a collaboration. As Neil said, what Emily said was that there will be two acts, she didn't rule out the idea that there could still be a link up between them two.

Yeah I'm thinking Blur subbed by Noel for now.

Would have considered Swift and Foals as subs but there'd be no reason to hold them back.

Other than that there's The Libertines' non-exclusive deal at R&L, so I'm considering them as well.

Yeah I'm thinking Blur subbed by Noel for now.

Would have considered Swift and Foals as subs but there'd be no reason to hold them back.

Other than that there's The Libertines' non-exclusive deal at R&L, so I'm considering them as well.

If Blur and Noel are announced and The Libs get a slot too which'd be on the Friday then it'll look very strong, to the point of having 4 headliners.

20 or 30? Thats funny.

Stronger

All of the Lights

Can't Tell Me Nothing

Gold Digger

Touch the Sky

Jesus Walks

Good Life

All Falls Down

Runaway

Niggas in Paris

Run This Town

Heartless

All Day

Through the Wire

Love Lockdown

FourFive Seconds

Only One

Power

Bound 2

Homecoming

There's 20 for you...

Yep, Libs have to be ruled in I'd say, and that lack of exclusivity claim is odd, cos R/L would normally claim it. Tho I'm not entirely sure they'd claim it if they knew them to be doing a secret set, as I don't think anyone really sets out to deceive, it's more likely that things have changed when a claim turns out to be wrong.

The time zone differences are in their favour for getting back to the UK.

How many hits does Kanye have that DO NOT feature another artist ?

About half of them do but I guess that is partly because lots of them have singers doing the chorus because he can't really sing (though unfortunately he has been doing so more and more)... But they are still his songs on his albums (except Run This Town that I listed, which is Jay-Z's so fair enough there).

I don't understand why you are bothered how many hits he has had that don't feature someone else.

You have to think of the average age at Glasto these days. I guarantee Kanye will not only pull one of the biggest crowds of the festival, but he will also be one of the best 'alternative' headliners ever.

I remain convinced he will play a combo of old and new stuff and wont bother doing his rant like he did at Wireless or wherever it was, because he knows the crowd he's performing to.

I don't understand why you are bothered how many hits he has had that don't feature someone else.

You have to think of the average age at Glasto these days. I guarantee Kanye will not only pull one of the biggest crowds of the festival, but he will also be one of the best 'alternative' headliners ever.

I remain convinced he will play a combo of old and new stuff and wont bother doing his rant like he did at Wireless or wherever it was, because he knows the crowd he's performing to.

people said the same about Jay Z though, and he was complete shit.