"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

Obama would most definitely be huge alright... Surely its not possible tho, with that fee? 

Actually I have no idea.... $400,000 for a speech seems such a ridiculous figure to me that its actually rendered meaningless. 

But, surely it can't be him...can it??

12 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Obama would most definitely be huge alright... Surely its not possible tho, with that fee? 

Actually I have no idea.... $400,000 for a speech seems such a ridiculous figure to me that its actually rendered meaningless. 

But, surely it can't be him...can it??

Cheaper than burning a million quid ;)

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

KLF are supporting pearl jam..... It's the truth old sons 

1 hour ago, Franky said:

Cheaper than burning a million quid ;)

Ok....I have a confession to make. I had never heard of The KLF until Franky mentioned it on that thread (sorry!!). I don't know why...judging from the videos, maybe I'm too young?? Or maybe my friends weren't cool enough. Did they burn a million quid? Whats this business with cows and sheep? I have no clue

I have however heard of Pearl Jam and that would indeed be ace :-D 

Edited by Sasperella
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Ok....I have a confession to make. I had never heard of The KLF until Franky mentioned it on that thread (sorry!!). I don't know why...judging from the videos, maybe I'm too young?? Or maybe my friends weren't cool enough. Did they burn a million quid? Whats this business with cows and sheep? I have no clue

5 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I'm glad someone else admitted it before me :ph34r:

Do some reading up on them. very interesting characters and story. Music sounds a little dated these days but you will know the tunes even if you did not know who they were by.

7 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Do some reading up on them. very interesting characters and story. Music sounds a little dated these days but you will know the tunes even if you did not know who they were by.

I'll definitely do a bit of research with how excited some people are at the (probably unlikely) prospect of them playing.

4 minutes ago, Trout Mask Replica said:

Bloody hell that makes me feel old. (43)

I'm 29, should I have heard of them?

Also, if you're anything like the mate I have in his 40s who goes to Glastonbury then you can probably out drink most of us younger ones!

5 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I'll definitely do a bit of research with how excited some people are at the (probably unlikely) prospect of them playing.

Also, if you're anything like the mate I have in his 40s who goes to Glastonbury then you can probably out drink most of us younger ones!

Well I was probably 16/17 when they were at peak popularity so you'd have been a tot. They were pretty much all over the place at the time and you couldn't go anywhere without hearing them, from student bars to cheesy night clubs they were all over. 

Sort of a precursor to the rave scene so regarded by many as influential although at the time I recall there being a lot of hype about them. 

It's unsurprising you probably haven't heard of them but in the event it is them you should check it out. They'll put on a show and the hype will all kick off again no doubt. 

As for the drink, we'll without any other substances I normally keep going til 4am most nights of the festival. Only on cider. My trick is to take in food regularly and the occasional cup of tea to level me out a bit. 

2 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

@Trout Mask Replica

I'm 31 so I guess we just missed the boat!! They sound mental though. My internet isnt good enough to watch anything on youtube sadly, but at least ive got myself some bedtime reading. I need to know why they burnt a million dollars!!!

I'm old enough to remember KLF in their heyday, always thought of them as a bit of a novelty act. They made me feel the same way as I imagine I would if faced with my mum saying "I'm cool, right? No? Ok I'm not cool, that's cool right? Saying you're not cool?"*

But that's just me, I'm glad others like them, happy others are happy :)

*to paraphrase Marge Simpson

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

One of which you labelled "okay but a bit sub-Swizzle" heheh. Hype train was just about to leave and you was all...

Luke something something:  "There is more joy in heaven over one sinner who repenteth than over ninety nine righteous men who need no thingummy."

That booming gospel piano sealed the deal.

6 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Read '17' by Bill Drummond. Waterstones in Lima has a copy. ;-)

I remember playing its grim up north a lot when I was a kid as it was on a copy of Now 20 that I had. Sandwiched between Go by Moby and PM Dawn.

It was a rave track with them reading out the name of Northern Towns with crow noises etc 

Edited by rubenz