"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

Just curious, but what makes you say Gaga is more likely to be into Glastonbury than Grohl? I mean, he seems pretty damn keen...

They do I won't deny, but Grohl turned it down everytime before for the money, Gaga if asked to play and headline and was over hear then it similar circumstances wouldn't think twice as she loves it.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

That tells you enough and she is likely to be more into Glastonbury and what it is than Grohl.

Are you sure about that? This is from an NME article in 2015, shows he fully gets what Glastonbury is.

“It’s an amazing thing – THE POWER OF THE GLASTONBURY!” Dave Grohl proclaimed to NME a fortnight ago, waving his arms in mock Gandalf grandeur. “It’s only just starting to sink in for us. I don’t really know if we have that same kind of iconic old-school festival back home,” he explains, before grinning his way through platitudes for what Michael Eavis has spent 60 years creating in Somerset: “an institution… that badass fucking farm party… a place that’s basically music festival Valhalla.” He may have only dropped by Worthy Farm once before in his career, performing with the Foo Fighters low on the bill in 1998, but he’s wise to its importance, and bouncing off the walls with anticipation for his shot at its famous headline slot. “I’m so excited to show up, walk on the side of the stage, look at the audience and just think – oh this is gonna be gooooood. We’re gonna fucking give it to them tonight.”
Edited by mf_2005

1 minute ago, Bonaneas said:

I'm not taking the risk either way, I'm preparing the pyre for when the ticket arrives. 

I don't care for Lorde either way because you know it's manufactured pop music aimed at a certain audience. But paramore? It's manufactured computer pseudo 'rock' given an attempted sheen of credibility by making the band wear instruments and the appropriate clothing. Kill me now if they ever play Glasto. 

Not a fan myself but why do you even care? Live and let live, they have plenty of fans and clearly some people would be very excited if they did play.

I can't stand the pseudo-intellectual 'I don't like manufactured music' stance of some people. It's so much easier and nicer to just think "it's not for me, but if some people like it then whatever"

I know it's a cliché but there's 100s of other places you could be at Glastonbury anyway ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bonaneas said:

I'm not taking the risk either way, I'm preparing the pyre for when the ticket arrives. 

I don't care for Lorde either way because you know it's manufactured pop music aimed at a certain audience. But paramore? It's manufactured computer pseudo 'rock' given an attempted sheen of credibility by making the band wear instruments and the appropriate clothing. Kill me now if they ever play Glasto. 

I'm no Paramore fan but I know that's not true. The band got together when they were in school and got signed up as Christian emo kids but just so happened to get huge when Riot came out. The "computer pseudo" bit came later on when their original guitarist left and Hayley Williams started having more control.

8 minutes ago, mf_2005 said:

Are you sure about that? This is from an NME article in 2015, shows he fully gets what Glastonbury is.

“It’s an amazing thing – THE POWER OF THE GLASTONBURY!” Dave Grohl proclaimed to NME a fortnight ago, waving his arms in mock Gandalf grandeur. “It’s only just starting to sink in for us. I don’t really know if we have that same kind of iconic old-school festival back home,” he explains, before grinning his way through platitudes for what Michael Eavis has spent 60 years creating in Somerset: “an institution… that badass fucking farm party… a place that’s basically music festival Valhalla.” He may have only dropped by Worthy Farm once before in his career, performing with the Foo Fighters low on the bill in 1998, but he’s wise to its importance, and bouncing off the walls with anticipation for his shot at its famous headline slot. “I’m so excited to show up, walk on the side of the stage, look at the audience and just think – oh this is gonna be gooooood. We’re gonna fucking give it to them tonight.”

Yeh, exactly...he seems pretty excited to me!! And I love that about them headlining :D

8 minutes ago, mf_2005 said:

Excellent work by the NME there - he played drums with QOTSA in 2002, and hung around the site for plenty of the weekend. 

Source - kind of worked the festival. Saw Mr Grohl around and about. Seemed to be having a ball. 

1 minute ago, Titters said:

Excellent work by the NME there - he played drums with QOTSA in 2002, and hung around the site for plenty of the weekend. 

Source - kind of worked the festival. Saw Mr Grohl around and about. Seemed to be having a ball. 

What do you mean "kind of worked"?

You weren't an "on-site chemist" were you? :P

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Pretty embarrassing time to not be on the Lorde bandwagon when she's already dropped two of the jams of the year.

Have to admit I am a bit meh when it comes to Lorde, but the Green Light tune along with few previous releases are decent. I will catch her if she doesnt clash with someone I want to see more. 

Just now, 42hamlet said:

What do you mean "kind of worked"?

You weren't an "on-site chemist" were you? :P

Ha! About the exact opposite... Voluntary journo type.  

Although looking back at the video it does stand as proof that I have been to Glastonbury when it's not be muddy and/or raining. 

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Pretty embarrassing time to not be on the Lorde bandwagon when she's already dropped two of the jams of the year.

Hear, hear. If those two singles are anything to go by then the record is one hundred percent gonna go off. The only way is up as far as Lorde is concerned. She's gonna reach another level with this record, it will be in your album of the year list and all doubts will be completely quashed. Future headliner.

god its interesting being a fan of rock and metal in the main and not really as `into` a lot of the regular acts mentioned on these boards sometimes, means im tottally out of the hype for so many of these acts, never heard the national mentioned earlier in the thread, all I know of lorde is that annoying poppy song that was on local radio all the goddamn time a few months back.....still does have its advantages as it allows me to watch acts with a total open mind, no expecations at all. discovered some of the best music ive heard in situations like that.

Edited by waterfalls212434

A new challenger enters (perhaps)

Hugely unlikely of course given he's not even touring said new record yet, and it probably won't be out for months. 

But still, might as well add him to the list eh. Not been rumoured yet either, so it must be him when you think about it *taps nose*

Edited by Junglist1981

8 minutes ago, Junglist1981 said:

A new challenger enters (perhaps)

Hugely unlikely of course given he's not even touring said new record yet, and it probably won't be out for months. 

But still, might as well add him to the list eh. Not been rumoured yet either, so it must be him when you think about it *taps nose*

I doubt he'd count as huge. Was announced for radio 1 big weekend, and seemingly nobody except me noticed/cared