"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

32 minutes ago, HomeParkMark said:

Other than Lorde (i'd forgotten about her) are any of those really that big a deal (most have played before anyway)? You can't deny the lineup is very male heavy at the top of the stages and Emily's stated many times that she wants a bigger female presence. 

Paramore are playing bristol with tickets under 30 pounds, most of those acts are bigger than paramore nowadays who are past their hay day 

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The final poster/line up is always late May/early June.

Patience. 

im trying trust me haha, its that time of year when your in limbo, you want to get all excited but you cant fully get into it until youve got the nitty gritty details and there doesnt seem to be any reason for the delay because theyve sold all the tickets and your anxious to get on the clashfinder and all that kind of thing..........frustrating! lol

1 minute ago, OddRon said:

Paramore are playing bristol with tickets under 30 pounds, most of those acts are bigger than paramore nowadays who are past their hay day 

Not a single one of those acts is as big as Paramore. Paramore are far from past their hay day - they'll almost certainly be headlining festivals next year.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

The xx, solange, lorde are all headlining festivals this years and are far more relevant, paramore does not consist of a big secret they'll show up on the main poster if anything

Edited by OddRon

Just now, OddRon said:

The xx, solange, lorde are all headlining festivals this years and are far more relevant, paramore does not consist of a big secret they'll show up on the main poster if anything

Paramore are bigger than all of those acts, no question. Not that I think they're gonna be the big secret mind - they're just bigger. Their current small shows are simply intimate gigs much like tons of other big acts do before their bigger shows later on.

23 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Paramore are bigger than all of those acts, no question. Not that I think they're gonna be the big secret mind - they're just bigger. Their current small shows are simply intimate gigs much like tons of other big acts do before their bigger shows later on.

No question that they're bigger than Lorde? Spotify stats suggest otherwise, Lorde coming out tops by a fair distance.

Just now, MrPink said:

No question that they're bigger than Lorde? Spotify stats suggest otherwise, Lorde coming out tops by a fair distance.

Lorde has the overnight hit Royals which I'm assuming is the main culprit for most of those plays. Paramore have never had a breakthrough hit as big as that one song, but yeah, they're the bigger act for sure.

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Lorde has the overnight hit Royals which I'm assuming is the main culprit for most of those plays. Paramore have never had a breakthrough hit as big as that one song, but yeah, they're the shitter act for sure, shittier than anyone else on the line up even if Take That were added, and can find their rightful, pitiful spot amongst the other contrived pseudo rock-pop acts at V or Reading. 

Corrected for you. 

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Lorde has the overnight hit Royals which I'm assuming is the main culprit for most of those plays. Paramore have never had a breakthrough hit as big as that one song, but yeah, they're the bigger act for sure.

Sure, Royals is way out ahead, it's not purely down to one song though. She has 5m more monthly listeners than Paramore, making her the 63rd most listened to act in the world (on spotify), Paramore come in at 131. Team, Tennis Court and Green Light also have more listens than any other Paramore song. 

The Love Club (which isn't even on the original Pure Heroine release) comes in at 48m listens. That is more than all but four Paramore songs (Misery Business, The Only Exception, Still Into You, Aint it Fun).  

Sure, this is spotify stats (which can only say so much) but it appears far from certain that Paramore are the bigger act. If anything it's the other way around.  

5 hours ago, mufcok said:

Just on the Roses, for anyone who is bothered (not a lot going off what I read on here)

There was a lad who met Ian Brown in Scotland yesterday on one of the facebook fan groups (pictures with him etc). Apparently.. there will be no more new stuff. Most of it has been recorded since 2013 but they are having major issues with Reni. His knee is in a bad way and he can't play for more than 2 hours max at gigs and recordings. He also hasn't been showing sometimes when they've been practicing. They also had 'major problems' with the All For One recording (... waits for the endless jokes), not sure if again that's do with Reni or other factors.

Sensible bets seem to be that the Wembley and Hampden gigs could be the last hurrah 

Goes with what i've heard also. Wembley and Hampden and that's it. Also heard Reni mainly at fault.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Can those stats be broken down by country? Paramore have shifted big numbers here but in the US, Lorde is much bigger as they clearly love the faux-underdog, quasi-outsider, bizarro-singing schtick. And Royals.

From the "where people listen" bit on each artist's page ( I guess it's monthly listeners): 

Paramore: 

1 - Mexico city -- 174k

2- Sao Paulo -- 165k

3- London -- 158k 

4- LA -- 125k

5- Manhatten -- 112k

Lorde: 

1- London - 204k

2- Sao Paulo - 182k 

3- Mexico City-- 182k 

4- Manhatten - 161k 

5- LA -- 149k

Edited by MrPink

2 minutes ago, wozwebs said:

Goes with what i've heard also. Wembley and Hampden and that's it. Also heard Reni mainly at fault.

Best make the most of the Wembley gig then

Can't really grumble, rewind 6 years I thought I'd never get the chance to see one my favourites bands play live. Since then I will have seen them play 6 times, including a 1,500 theatre in Halifax.. a moment I'll never forget

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MrPink said:

From the "where people listen" bit on each artist's page ( I guess it's monthly listeners): 

Paramore: 

1 - Mexico city -- 174k

2- Sao Paulo -- 165k

3- London -- 158k 

4- LA -- 125k

5- Manhatten -- 112k

Lorde: 

1- London - 204k

2- Sao Paulo - 182k 

3- Mexico City-- 182k 

4- Manhatten - 161k 

5- LA -- 149k

Welp

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Let's remind ourselves of FF flying over just to appear at the pub in Frome to announce the headline show. That tells you enough and she is likely to be more into Glastonbury and what it is than Grohl.

Just curious, but what makes you say Gaga is more likely to be into Glastonbury than Grohl? I mean, he seems pretty damn keen...

2 minutes ago, popcornmaster said:

"gets to" or "has to"?

I'd consider burning my ticket now if it's mandatory. 

I'm not taking the risk either way, I'm preparing the pyre for when the ticket arrives. 

I don't care for Lorde either way because you know it's manufactured pop music aimed at a certain audience. But paramore? It's manufactured computer pseudo 'rock' given an attempted sheen of credibility by making the band wear instruments and the appropriate clothing. Kill me now if they ever play Glasto. 

• Downvote 2